Paramedic_Engine_2

American

Too bad you all are not american, if you were I could say whatever I wanted.

Moderators please don't delete it. I approved his topic so that everyone here can see it :holdglass:

I did moved it to the off topic section, hit me if you want ;) Pyro

Guest Taylor

Good Lord, are you still going on your tangents? I've learned a few things being on the internet around Government workers, it's that they don't ever put the department they're working for (Especially county/city gov't) it makes them really look bad. What do you think they'd say if their PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER was jackin' around small forums like this?

Just saying...

I'm American btw guys.

Good Lord, are you still going on your tangents? I've learned a few things being on the internet around Government workers, it's that they don't ever put the department they're working for (Especially county/city gov't) it makes them really look bad. Just a word of advice. What do you think they'd say if their PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER was jackin' around small forums like this?

I'm American btw guys.

I am too. Alot of people on the forums are, actually...

And why would people not being American prevent you from talking?

We're all part of our own little community here so please enlighten us?

What are the chances he really is their PIO, since he identifies himself as Mike not Tim, who is the PIO?

I just wonder what the point of topics like this is.

The goal obviously is to start an argue. Why?

Trying to provoke certain reactions, because you are trying to hurt peoples feelings?

Well you didn't come even close to mine.

Nobody is perfect.

Since i am in offtopic and the topic will be deleted a day or whatever... lets double post lmao

The reason why he does that is because he thinks that if the staff here would be from US, the rules would be different... oh oh wait no he meant it would be rule free

Well bud, you signed up and clicked a case, remember it? Suppose you don't but by clciking that case you agreed our terms of service or terms of use however you would like it.

And what do we do with people that can't lean? Uhm oh wait, thats mentioned in the TOS too

:stupid2:

Guest Taylor

lol I'm a member of a few forums that are originated in the USA... none of them are "rule free" or have different rules than this forum. It's pretty much just common sense...

and double posting cuz stan said its okay!!!

EDIT: DARN IT, Double posting is turned off!!!!

Since i am in offtopic and the topic will be deleted a day or whatever... lets double post lmao

The reason why he does that is because he thinks that if the staff here would be from US, the rules would be different... oh oh wait no he meant it would be rule free

Well bud, you signed up and clicked a case, remember it? Suppose you don't but by clciking that case you agreed our terms of service or terms of use however you would like it.

And what do we do with people that can't lean? Uhm oh wait, thats mentioned in the TOS too

:stupid2:

This is something that is a pet peeve of mine. Little stupid children who didn't pay attention in school and have no idea what the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights really say or mean! I've bit my tongue on this over and over again on this board and others, but it drives me NUTS at how some people pervert the first amendment!

Here is the actual amemdment with emphasis added

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That's all it says, that CONGRESS, and by extension, the government may not take away the right to free speech. It says NOTHING about private or public enterprise, groups, or anything else. In the United States, citizens have NO protection or right to express themselves against the rules of an employer, group, club, organization, that shall limit such thing. There are of course minor exceptions to every rule, such as the whistleblower act, but even that has very specific legal hoops one must jump through to gain protection from retaliation.

I'm sure there will be little 12 year old armchair lawyers and civics professors on here who will decry the rule of freedom of speech is absolute, just like the whiney original poster, but the fact is, it truly isn't. If i remember right, America actually ranks 36th in the world in regards to censorship due to censoring things such as obscenity, libel, defamation and seditious speech.

To summarize, freedom of speech isn't limitless, even in America, and Mr FDNY1Rescue, I strongly encourage you to study harder, talk less, and maybe you won't consistently make a fool of yourself.

Guest Taylor

LOL Mike. I completely agree with you!!! That's awesome.. I want to major in History in High school, I'm a huge history buff and it makes me laugh when people say "We have a right to do this or that"

well thats what you get when you live in the country with the most corrupt government. freedom and democracy are total myths. the government doesnt really care about anyone other than themselves.

seriously people who abuse their rights and are just idiots about "how they think they know the law when they really dont" need to stfu and go crawl into a corner.

like this:

It seems like everyone uses the bullshit 4th amendment so they can get filthy rich the easy way out..... ******** ********.

I got sued for $750,000 for a minor fender bender. The dude ended up getting $50,000 and I lost my car insurance.

Turned out the asshole made ******** $100,000 per year on top of it..... What a ******** prick. I was ready to murder his ass if he'd actually made me lose my house and family and shit.....

YOU DONT HAVE TO **** PEOPLE OVER TO SURVIVE!

i feel his sentiments

if i was that guy i wouldve been like "No, screw you" and sued the guy who tried to sue him.

Guest Taylor
well thats what you get when you live in the country with the most corrupt government. freedom and democracy are total myths. the government doesnt really care about anyone other than themselves.

while I agree our government is sort of corrupt, and the government doesn't care about anyone else... we do have sort of democracy and freedom.

seriously people who abuse their rights and are just idiots about "how they think they know the law when they really dont" need to stfu and go crawl into a corner.

like this:

i feel his sentiments

if i was that guy i wouldve been like "No, screw you" and sued the guy who tried to sue him.

Ummm what does protection against government search and seizure have to do with anyone getting rich?

As for the rest of your post, I'm guessing you haven't really lived in a country where freedom is truly limited. In the 80s, I recall with horror the plight of East Germans being shot by East German Border Guards, not for trying to sneak INTO, but just trying to leave! How's that for Immigration law? American's are free to go anywhere they want anytime they want, doors are wide open. In North Korea, China, and Iran not only is the media censored to only report what the government wants reported, but the internet is censored and there are no rights to privacy or speech at all. Remember Tinamen square? The images of a single man standing up to a tank shall forever be burned in the minds of all who are old enough to remember that. Over 2500 Chinese died in those protests that were sparked by the death of an influential pro-democracy leader. When I joined the military, I had the fortunate experience to spend time in Central America, the Balkans, Africa, and the Middle East. I remember how even the simple act of getting running water to your house could not be accomplished in parts of eastern Europe unless you bribed the right people, and people lined up for food rations that were eventually stolen by thugs in the "Special Police."

Here in the US, the media takes great pleasure and makes most of its money from criticizing the government, heck Cronkite said it best when he said sensationalist news was nothing new, papers have always been just a step above tabloids, and many times, a far step below with yellow journalism and propoganda.

Having lived in Australia, Canada, and spent short times in both western and eastern europe, I can tell you that there is no place else in the world I'd rather live, or that I feel more free. I've seen oppression, I've witnessed horrors and executions, true corruption on a grand scale and the pros and cons of the European way of doing things compared to the American ways. Ami, I know you are young, and angry at something, but you're also dead wrong. But the good news is, you are MORE THEN WELCOME to go anywhere in the world you'd like, and that is a freedom that Americans enjoy that many others can never imagine. Join the Peace Corps, Join a church group, there are thousands of groups that will let you travel the world and help people who will teach you about the horrors of living in a land of true corruption and abuse.

We have our bad side, we have our good side, in the end, we, along with much of the western world, have a lot to be proud of. Your privacy is respected, you do not need to live in fear of your local or federal authorities or your military, you do not have to pay extortion rates for basic things as food and water, and you are free to learn, live, work, play, and even if you don't, there is a strong welfare system so that you can survive!

Just remember, we can always do better, no matter where in the world you live, but the trick is to actually do it and not get caught up in the plethora of bullshit, mis-truths, exagerations and crap that will be fed you by the truck load. Stay in school, work hard to understand, not just parrot back what is taught, and look into groups that will help you explore the world outside of your city. They exist, and you can even earn a good summers wage by helping those who need it the most and by helping yourself learn the truth about the world as a whole.

Hai Guise

1 th1nk w3 h1j4x d4 t0p1x

Anyways on to the off topic topic..

I think I like Canada, now I haven't tried America, it seems nice, but I think my favourite part of canada is the free hospitals.. I'd like to try america though, see what it's like.. Though I can't see that much of a difference between the two of us, at least not newfoundland and the states

I think every month or biweekly we should have a topic like this, someone start a little debate, where cursing and all that (as noted above me) is allowed, and people can express their opinions, it's quite interesting really :)