Paramedic_Engine_2

American

Hai Guise

1 th1nk w3 h1j4x d4 t0p1x

Anyways on to the off topic topic..

I think I like Canada, now I haven't tried America, it seems nice, but I think my favourite part of canada is the free hospitals.. I'd like to try america though, see what it's like.. Though I can't see that much of a difference between the two of us, at least not newfoundland and the states

I'm particularly fond of Canada, but having lived and travelled all over, I can say that in the end, I go where the weather doesn't! I like not having to own a jacket, or coat, or sweater, or umbrella. I like having 1 wardrobe 365 days of the year. I like the fact that I never check the weather channel before planning an activity cause its probably gonna be Clear, Sunny, and Warm in the summer, and Clear, Sunny, and Cool in the winter.

Now if Canada invaded a place with a nice Mediterranean climate (which is what SoCal is), then I'd be more inclined to partake in all of the joys of Canada like... Hockey... Free Healthcare... and rabid devotion to Maple Leaves! But alas, I'm just not a polar bear.

Oh and just for info, I'm on standby to go up to Kelowna. I was in BC and Manitoba twice last year, hoping to get up there at least once this season as either assigned overhead or a shadow/exchange position.

Guest Taylor
Hai Guise

1 th1nk w3 h1j4x d4 t0p1x

Anyways on to the off topic topic..

I think I like Canada, now I haven't tried America, it seems nice, but I think my favourite part of canada is the free hospitals.. I'd like to try america though, see what it's like.. Though I can't see that much of a difference between the two of us, at least not newfoundland and the states

I think every month or biweekly we should have a topic like this, someone start a little debate, where cursing and all that (as noted above me) is allowed, and people can express their opinions, it's quite interesting really :)

LOL UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE? The government can't run veterans (former military) healthcare right, they do a crappy job at it. A guy went in for an operation and lost his legs... don't believe me? Click the link below

http://cbs11tv.com/local/medical.mistake.m....2.1091010.html

Universal healthcare in UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...l#ixzz0Lw03cZHj

Several hundreds of stories I've seen JUST LIKE THAT.

I NEVER want Universal Healthcare, where the government decides whats best for me, when they can't decide whats best to do when funding for a simple thing.

Mike, thank God you're here, normally I'm like the only one on forums with a buncha people who think the total opposite of me on those issues.

Guest Taylor
Commence debate now..

wait wasn't this supposed to be how americans are the only perfect race(more or less what he was saying), and then someone pointed out that he probably isn't the PIO for where he claims to be?

It doesn't matter, him and his 10 little budies, out of all of America get together in their parents basements to discuss these issues, people you see on INTERNET forums aren't usually the best person to represent America, if I were to judge your country based on your posts, think that'd be fair?

Medical mistakes takes happen everywhere, I've seen some dooseys. I have a friend who went in for an autoimmune reaction and now lives in a wheelchair.

Personally I love America...It's got issues but I still love it.

As for perfect race?

There is no perfect race, plus we aren't all one race so how could we be one race?

Guest Taylor

thanks for your service Mike.... what was your mos and branch? I know a Marine who had the WONDERFUL joyous experience and opportunity of going to a few of those places listed, including Phillipines lol... where they adopted a monkey.

Yep, Marines during the Clinton era. Back when some people on this board were still a twinkle in their parents eye!

My best advice to one and all, live your life, explore the world. There are countries, communities, cultures and experiences out there waiting for everyone. You will never be able to appreciate what you have, and those who have sacrificed to give it to you, until you have seen what the rest of the world has to offer. There are gorgeous places, and places that will break your heart. There are amazing things to experience and explore that defy description. Help people, help yourself, or just keep an open mind, open eyes, and open ears.

For some, join the military if that is what you want to do, for others, grab a backpack and have mommy and daddy support you as you trek across Europe or South America or India, and for the rest, find something in between! Study abroad programs are always amazing if you can afford it and wel worth it. But no matter what you do study hard and never ever be a potato. A potato just sits there and grows in the same spot until it either dies or someone else chops it up and eats it for lunch. School teaches you a lot of junk that doesnt matter, but the one lesson to take from it, especially high school, is HOW to learn. Think of it like practice, because the easier you're able to understand new things and express your ideas and opinions without sounding like a total jackass like the original poster, the more you will get out of life and hopefully avoid becoming a potato!

lol did you write your classes graduation speech cause that was really good

thank you for your service, kind of sad but i was sitting next to a solider on a plane about 2 or 3 years ago and he said somthing i will never forget. I asked wha are you fighting for? Then he looked me in the eyes and said " i don't know " that changed me completley

lol did you write your classes graduation speech cause that was really good

thank you for your service, kind of sad but i was sitting next to a solider on a plane about 2 or 3 years ago and he said somthing i will never forget. I asked wha are you fighting for? Then he looked me in the eyes and said " i don't know " that changed me completley

Too many people never know, but then few ever stop and ask. I always knew why i was where I was, I may not have always agreed, but I always understood why.

And no, in high school I purposely graduated 3rd in my class to avoid having to give that speech, I figured student body pres and all the other crap I did was more then enough.

But unlike the original poster, who claims to be a PIO, I am actually S-403 certified and have had the joy of working in Public Information and Public Affairs. You can tell those who actually are PIO/FIO's (fire information officers), we tend to have the gift of gab and express ourselves in a way befitting our department, and our service, while at the same time doing our best to educate and inform the audience we are speaking to.

Alas, this is the internet though, and the original poster is more then welcome to adopt the name of a proud organization and outfit like the FDNY Rescue squads, as well as claim to be a member of whatever he wises, but his actions and behavior speak volumes about his actual qualifications and accomplishments in life. One can only hope that the members of the real Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services are more level headed public servants.

I was in Canada once. I loved it. Then again, I was in Calgary and Banff Springs hotel so I haven't seen much else personally.

Why are we in a war in the Middle East? Reason: NONE. The U.S. has always been a war monger and seriously, we should just pull out within a day. Let them take care of their own shit.

On another note I like the fact that the British (supposedly the most powerful nation in the world) lost to a bunch of farmers in the Revolutionary War. Twice. :)

And I love how CNN faked a lot of the 9/11 footage.

Why are we in a war in the Middle East? Reason: NONE. The U.S. has always been a war monger and seriously, we should just pull out within a day. Let them take care of their own shit.

On another note I like the fact that the British (supposedly the most powerful nation in the world) lost to a bunch of farmers in the Revolutionary War. Twice. :)

Regardless of what the reasons for a war are, you cannot simply stop.

Ethically and morally it is wrong, and history shows us that it doesn't go well when you do.

Side Note: The most valuable part of a higher education experience is ethics, when you have it learn as much as you can.

In terms of the Revolutionary War and 1812, to a decent degree we got lucky (especially 1812). The military might that was British Empire at the time had much bigger fish to fry (especially 1812). The revolutionary war was no more than an morale attrition war, in many ways similar to Vietnam, the local rebels had the advantage of home field, and they won through demoralization via unconventional tactics and international support. With out France we would have been SOL, Austria and Baron Von Stueben, yes they helped in my opinion, they hurt more than helped. Training the militia and turning them into a traditional European field army was a big mistake to some degree.

Guest Taylor

Wow... first of all, whoever said the 9/11 footage was faked, I'd love for you to talk to my friend who was downstairs at WTC when it all happened... because he saw a couple of giant planes hit two towers you know....

The british losing the war to "A buncha farmers" is a moot argument, don't even bother bringing it up..

AMI, you have no earthly idea what "war mongering" means other than what your teachers or parents have told you. Why don't you read more about the real terrorism in the US and how we just liberated 2 countries, gave them democracy and gave them freedoms that they've never had.

Hunter, it doesn't matter if the paper is "rubbish" it's a true story that actually happened whether it's from the daily sun, daily mail, or whatever newspaper.

I think what Ami was talking about was, that CNN aired footage as "Live" that was at one point almost four hours or so old.

If he's saying it was faked...they did a hell of a good job, since I saw my uncle there in the video footage.

No as for terrorism and such, here's something that bugs the crap out of me as an intelligence major focusing on National Security.

- Al-Queda, Hamas and other groups are a threat but the primary threat is domestic. It has always been domestic and will always be domestic, and if we stay too focused abroad we're gonna set ourselves up for another Oklahoma City.

Guest Taylor
I think what Ami was talking about was, that CNN aired footage as "Live" that was at one point almost four hours or so old.

If he's saying it was faked...they did a hell of a good job, since I saw my uncle there in the video footage.

No as for terrorism and such, here's something that bugs the crap out of me as an intelligence major focusing on National Security.

- Al-Queda, Hamas and other groups are a threat but the primary threat is domestic. It has always been domestic and will always be domestic, and if we stay too focused abroad we're gonna set ourselves up for another Oklahoma City.

I completely agree with you. Right now, we've gotta close our borders, because AFAIK, there could already be terrorists in here. We close the borders, we might have less to worry about, though, there are still several hundred people here on expired travelers Visas.... which I think you could figure out what I'm saying.

Closing the borders isn't really a good answer, monitoring them more closely is a good idea, but here's my point.

Person A:

Born: Lockport, NY

Gender/Race: male, caucasian

Job: Sales

Service: U.S. Army 1988- 1992

Person B:

Born: Karachi, Pakistan

Gender/Race: Male, Middle East descent

Job: Restaurant Owner

Service: 4 years Pakistani Army

Which one is the Terrorist?

Well also now terrist orginizations are recruting from the united states so small groups of 1-2 terrists would be extreamly hard to know about. Thus putting alot of pressure on the FBI

Guest Taylor

MCERT.. I take it that first bio was of Tim McVeigh? I see where you are coming from too... right now our problem with terrorism... isn't

as big as the one at the border with the Mexican Drug Cartels though. Texas_DPS should know what I'm talking about.

Well also now terrist orginizations are recruting from the united states so small groups of 1-2 terrists would be extreamly hard to know about. Thus putting alot of pressure on the FBI

I know.... and thats why we also need to be reactive when in the case it happens.

guess what... i lived in New York and i saw the towers from my damn upstairs balcony so dont go bitching to me about how i wasnt there and dont know what it was like.

and how CNN could easily have faked some of their footage:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

And the war in the middle east is like Vietnam... we eventually just pulled out within a year and left South Vietnam alone and they got overtaken. same principle here, only the Iraqis can handle it now. and seeing as we're basically the most powerful country on Earth i dont know why we havent even tried to win yet. at least pull out of Iraq and go to Afghanistan. thats where the problem is. we're done with Iraq. theyre a stable government now, let them take care of themselves. just nuke the shit out of the mountains where Osama is. thatll work since nobody else lives there and we dont need 17000 nukes. or we can just pull out of that too and let him die of old age. we have better defenses now. and we wont just be sleeping again. besides that the new Freedom Tower has a huge hole in it so the planes would just fly through, course you wouldnt need a plane to take down a building made of glass.

besides that FBI cant do anything. they go "You were at the scene of an accidental fire that was obviously an act of terrorism, so obviously you're a terrorist. Hell, you were just looking at the fire. No, you were just thinking about it, so we're gonna kill you." its pathetic