Ami89E1234

July 4th

So this post is probably gonna sound bad casue im so tired im about to fall asleep on my keyboard but is anyone doing anything for July 4th? probably not gonna go to Fair St. Louis but either gonna launch my fireworks in my backyard or in Vienna (MO) at my Aunt and Uncle's lakehouse.

here is my $71.01 fireworks stash (which i paid for completely :1046276128_motz:). wonder if i should save some for Guy Fawkes' Day (the day some guy blew up British Parliament in the 1600s which some barrels of gunpowder).

IMG_1201.jpg

here is my $71.01 fireworks stash (which i paid for completely :1046276128_motz:). wonder if i should save some for Guy Fawkes' Day (the day some guy blew up British Parliament in the 1600s which some barrels of gunpowder).

Some guy = Guy Fawkes

He never blew up the parliment. And it's celebrated for the failure to blow up the parliment. :rofl:

Some guy = Guy Fawkes

He never blew up the parliment. And it's celebrated for the failure to blow up the parliment. :rofl:

ehm i knew that 'some guy' is Guy Fawkes. im not stupid. and whatever, its been awhile since i read about it plus like i said, i was tired. at least he tried.

hmmm. the only people whove replied arent even americans. :WTF: lol

here is my $71.01 fireworks stash (which i paid for completely :1046276128_motz:).

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/S...er/IMG_1201.jpg

If that only ran you $70 you have no right to complain. That would have run you alot more here.

I get a hell of a discount though so I grabbed some stuff. My girlfriends ex-step dad is also a great great friend of my dads before I was born, and he owns his own fireworks shop so he gives us a bunch of stuff free. For example; I got 2 packs of bottle rockets(buy 1 get 1 free), a $40 pack of mortar shells, a pack of some heavy duty Roman Candles(~$12),2 fountains that were probably $12 a piece at the least,some spinney things, a pack of smoke bombs,2 packs of buy one get 1 free of some other heavy duty roman candles, and I think thats about it. It costs me $38 for something like 100$ worth.

Anyways tonight was awesome. We went to this huge bowl shaped hill behind one of the high schools and it over looks the river so you can see the fireworks perfectly from there. Well to top that off, some guys who own a firework shop bring 3 huge sheets of plywood with atleast 32 fireworks on each piece of wood, plus some shells, and big fancy rockets, and a few packs of the 1000 shot Saturn missiles. They put on a huge show before the river, and honestly they blew away the show from the barge on the river.

lol used about half of my fireworks yesterday. the other half im going to use either next week or the week after at my aunt and uncles.

you know, im 14 so i might get a job somewhere so i can get more money for fireworks next year. i wonder if fireworks stores have liquidation sales after the 4th like Christmas stores do?

man. so yesterday it took about an hour and a half for use to finish all that i did. our neighbor also puts on a big display cause she had like all of her family over and they each contributed like $1000000000000 lol so they had a lot of really good stuff (including mortars) and we could hear Fair St. Louis going on (which sounded like a constant rumble of thunder) and some of the people across the highway had some hugeass mortars going up so we could see some of them over the wall

the only problem with mortar shells is that i dont have a mortar. :(

once i shot a rocket up yesterday from our 'launch pad' (which is a concrete umbrella stand with a pbc pipe running through it) and it veers hard left high up over the neighbors yard just as they launched a rocket and they almost collided lol so everyone laughed.

i cant decide whether i should become a pilot or a pyrotechnician. at least theres an easy solution: USAF. lol

It's like that in Ohio. You can buy fireworks here, but you can't shoot them off.

We cant even buy them. :angry: They make us drive to Wisconsin where yo can buy them, but not shoot them off... so we can have bottle rocket wars. :rolleyes: fun fun

you know, im 14 so i might get a job somewhere so i can get more money for fireworks next year. i wonder if fireworks stores have liquidation sales after the 4th like Christmas stores do?

Yeah on the 4th and for a few days after they usually cut deals to get rid of as much stock as possible so they dont have to store as little as possible for the next year.

i told myself i wouldnt go out and watch the fireworks show my city puts on for the holiday, then at around 9:45, they started settingt hem off, i was in bed watching tv, then i was like, who am i kidding, i cant miss this, so i made it out to watch the rest of the show, i guess i cant resist explosions and lights and stuff facesjump.gif

It's America's birthday, also known as Independance day

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=4th+of+july

This should help. In Canada we celebrate July first aka Canada Day, which is the day we became a country of our own.

I agree, happy 152nd birthday Canada!