Dosedmonkey

Coastal Rescue UK Mod [Alpha Released]

What would the gritter truck be used for in the mod?

- Road Gritter, if it does not grit a section of road in time a RTA occurs.

So you would get the vehicle to go drop grit/salt on the road where the black ice has occured, if you do not respond in time, a Road Traffic Accidet will occur, requiring the fire brigade and medics. ;)

JPH - Yeah I was thinking of making another engineer vehicle as well, so you got a choice of two actually. :12:

Also, FYI guys, I have almost finished modeling the Sea King Helicopter.

- Road Gritter, if it does not grit a section of road in time a RTA occurs.

So you would get the vehicle to go drop grit/salt on the road where the black ice has occured, if you do not respond in time, a Road Traffic Accidet will occur, requiring the fire brigade and medics. ;)

JPH - Yeah I was thinking of making another engineer vehicle as well, so you got a choice of two actually. :12:

Also, FYI guys, I have almost finished modeling the Sea King Helicopter.

Sounds great. I think ou should put a Highways Agency car in too. Then you could use them at some small accidents and to clean up instead of police units. Ca we see some pics of the Sea King?

You get white or yellow highway agency traffic management and engineers depending on where you are in the country. Think I will do the larger one yellow, and edit the sign on the rear of the small one perhaps.

equip6.jpg

Safestop90-SVHL6.jpg

A smaller vehicles sign example.

Traffic-Mgt-Vehicle-Upload.jpg

As far as pics of the Sea King go, you'll probably have to wait til the weekend I think until it is at the level I want to show you for this one. :12:

EDIT: Gritter research link http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lor...locked-roa.html

Guest mrpolice1996
Planned additions to mod

- Hydraulic Platform

Isn't there already one of these in the mod or is a hydraulic platform different to the aerial ladder, i so in what way?

Isn't there already one of these in the mod or is a hydraulic platform different to the aerial ladder, i so in what way?

Well technicaly yes the one already in the mod is a hydraulic controlled ladder, but the one I was refering to is the other main UK type of aerial platform, a skylift.

764.jpg

alp.jpg

There is another mod in development with a video of one of these, if someone could tell me which, as I can not remember as it was a month or so ago when i saw it, so i can barter their animation off of them, I'd be very greatful! :12:

Guest mrpolice1996

OK sounds good :) .

I remember people were having difficulty making ones that fold over like that though:

IF the vehicle has a standard type ladder I do not believe it plays any role as long as the fire fighter can reach the basket to get up in the air. A multi-arm system is currently an issue nobody can solve(probably impossible). The game's engine is designed for ladders to rotate and extend on the same axis. By this I mean the ladder has a single rotation point, from there the ladder turns and elevates, then the segments will extend outward as needed. I am unaware of a solution that will allow you to change this measure other than a hard-scripted event (which would limit the truck dramatically to only doing one movement alone when it deploys). If it is a standard straight line ladder, regardless to how it is mounted it should still be capable of functioning regardless of placement on the vehicle as long as the firemen can reach the basket. IF the basket is out of reach they can't enter it to use it, making it do nothing at all.

For the very same reason a functional Cherry Picker is not likely to work properly unless it is a scripted static object.

From EM5 suggestion (so not yet possible in EM4)

The aerial ladder vehicle. We have new types of those here

2651nieuwgroot2b34758ez8.th.jpg

As you see no ladder :P

Would be great to see those!

But you say you've found a mod with one. I wonder which one it is.