bsbllthirteen

How hard would it be......

How hard would it be for a guy with no experience in modding and no clue how to script and make 3d models ect. learn how to make a mod???

I would love to make my own mod but i dont know how and i was wondering if i should learn and take a couple of year to make a mod or just keep reskinning hoppahs models for my own use

Why not back up hoopahs la mod by making a copy to your desk top. Then rename the folder to say LA Mod 1.8 TEST. Then place it in your mods folder. This way you can play with the mod and if you screw up the original LA Mod is still untouched and safe. Plus if you screw up you can copy and paste from the LA Mod and replace the screwed up file.

Um, with no experience, it would be best for you to reskin what hoppah and other authors made... That way you learn the basics, and have something to use. This is fine, as long as you don't release it, then you'll get in trouble. I suggest start with re skins, and work your way up to slight model modifications, then more and more in depth, and eventually you'll know enough to start making new units and that, plus you'll have a mod to play even before you can model :)

Um, with no experience, it would be best for you to reskin what hoppah and other authors made... That way you learn the basics, and have something to use. This is fine, as long as you don't release it, then you'll get in trouble. I suggest start with re skins, and work your way up to slight model modifications, then more and more in depth, and eventually you'll know enough to start making new units and that, plus you'll have a mod to play even before you can model :)

what program should i use to make models???

what program should i use to make models???

Most of us use Z-modeler 2. There is a free version and a paid version. You need the paid version to get units 'in game', but you can use the free version to practice making models first.

Programs you need to use or want to buy:

- Emergency 4; editor is already included

- WordPad; for editing .xml and .script files.

- Zmodeler2; Registered version. Zmodeler2 is relatively cheap and has the .v3o plugin to be able to export and import .v3o files.

- Adobe Photoshop (recommended by most people including me) or Paint Shop Pro

Best way is to start with the easy things in the following order to learn modding.

1. Changing textures to learn working with software like Photoshop.

2. Emergency 4 coding; How mods are set up. And how to do things like adding cars, changing lights on cars and changing maps. Basicly to get used to the Emergency 4 editor.

3. 3D-moddeling. Use my tutorial or different tutorials available on the internet. Try to make small things first or try to edit existing models. Try to make bigger models later. Don't stop until you are able to make 'acceptable' models for this game.

4. UV-mapping. Creating textures for your models. You already should know how to use the software (step 1).

5. Adding new vehicles to mods and make them work ingame. Read the 'Adding vehicles' tutorial to understand that.

6. (optional) Scripting. Takes about a year before you will be able to create simple scripts if you don't have C++ experience already. Scripting is trial and error; even for me

Good luck,

Hoppah

- Zmodeler2; Registered version. Zmodeler2 is relatively cheap and has the .v3o plugin to be able to export and import .v3o files.

Best way is to start with the easy things in the following order to learn modding.

2. Emergency 4 coding; How mods are set up. And how to do things like adding cars, changing lights on cars and changing maps. Basicly to get used to the Emergency 4 editor.

3. 3D-moddeling. Use my tutorial or different tutorials available on the internet. Try to make small things first or try to edit existing models. Try to make bigger models later. Don't stop until you are able to make 'acceptable' models for this game.

4. UV-mapping. Creating textures for your models. You already should know how to use the software (step 1).

5. Adding new vehicles to mods and make them work ingame. Read the 'Adding vehicles' tutorial to understand that.

6. (optional) Scripting. Takes about a year before you will be able to create simple scripts if you don't have C++ experience already. Scripting is trial and error; even for me

Good luck,

Hoppah

thanks this is going to be hard but i got a long life ahead of me(hopefully keeping my fingers crossed) and it will take some time but i wont give up

Most of us use Z-modeler 2. There is a free version and a paid version. You need the paid version to get units 'in game', but you can use the free version to practice making models first.

umm is there any other program i can use besides zmodeler because for some reason zmodeler doesnt wanna download on my computer

Good luck,

Hoppah

...so could i use another 3d program and still get it into 911fr. cuz i have some professional stuff that id like to use

It depends on the Modeling Application, some do NOT lose their UV map in the process of becoming a 3DS some also will not lose it in the process of going into Z2... It's all about the formatting applied by your applications...