Guest ENG12INE

Need Massive helpers for Charles County Mod Creation

Guest ENG12INE

basically me and two other people are trying to create a mod and if I could get some helpers it would be very welcomed!!!!! I need all types of modders and lots of advice so please everyone I can give pictures and sound files if needed...thankyou

Guest ENG12INE

yea I want to start the mod from scratch so I need lots of people to help me cause I don't know how to mod anything but the skinning the vehicles lol...but i'm serious about trying to get this done...if you know anyone who has certain skills please ask them if they could help...I would be more than happy to say that everyone else made it and I just brought the ideas...because I just want Charles County stuff cause I love this game so much...thankyou

Oh, I seen a guy on the forums, he says he makes models without the skins... So I'll see if I can find his name and then I'll post it here, and you can ask him I would imagine... Lemme Check, so watch this post!

found him... I only know by his sig:

martjuh.denB

Group: Members

Member No.: 3,654

Signature:

ik maak modellen ZONDER skin

pm mij voor interesse en evt wat je wilt dat ik doe+foto

I make models WITHOUT skin

message me if you are interrested

grtz

Hope this might help you!

It seems like you may be better off learning more about modding before jumping into this project., but thats just me. Maybe down the line I can help out but I doubt it as I am working on my own mod right now, making a web site for a mod here, and helping out on the Emergencey Mod based off the TV, so I have my hands quite full. Maybe if this gets off the ground and I have time I can help.

Guest ENG12INE

Thankyou much for that name, I will email him and see if he can make my vehicles for me =D

k well don't be in any rush, I plan on taking some classes on game design and getting into this whole modding thing...how did you make a website for a mod that your creating? cause I wanna make one for my mod and my "members"

Posts merged by PyroThijs, use the edit or quote function next time please

Edited by pyrothijs

Its not for my mod, not yet atleast. I am starting on one soon for the army firefighting mod posted here. The site will basically contain updates, as well as previews of the models and so forth. As the mod is finished it will contain pictures of the completed models. Take a look at the LA Mods website and it will be similar to that.

As for the mod I am creating, well that remains to be seen as far as weather it will be released. I hope I can but as it is will be using alot of hoopahs scripts and models from the LA Mod(re skinned of course), as well as some other models here and there Its a waiting game right now to see how much of the LA mod is utilized. I hope to eventually get a team together and include enough unique attributes to release it as its own mod or sub mod, but as I said I am not rushing. Right now I am slowly working on vehicles, but even that is time consuming as models have to be painted and/or reskined. Doors added, childs added, children added, getting light patterns made, and there are other things I have probably forgotten. Have you or the members of your team had any experience doing any of this yet? Thats not meant to sound mean, its just that as the thread title says, it is a massive amount of work.

Guest ENG12INE

no actually none of us really have any experience doing any modding, the only thing I really know anything about is skinning and some different file types...I found a guy on here, says he does unit creation without skinning for anyone so I emailed him to see if I can at least get him to start those, send him pictures of units and then i'll just skin them, and each person I have to help is already starting to study different parts of modding EX: Scripting, and whatever else is involved lol...so i'm not worried about going fast either...thats why i'm tryin to find other people to basically do everything and i'll do what I can, and then i'll just sport there names and promote their work...hey but do you know why out of two modded vehicles, the door from the second one could end up being one of the doors on the first skinned car??? in photoshop it shows the door on the first car like nothing is unnormal...but in the game the paint on the door is from the second one...

Well good luck but as Fort Erie said in the other topic, expect to put months of labor into this.

.hey but do you know why out of two modded vehicles, the door from the second one could end up being one of the doors on the first skinned car??? in photoshop it shows the door on the first car like nothing is unnormal...but in the game the paint on the door is from the second one...
In other words the same question as this topic you made: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=6314 like i said search.

Well good luck but as Fort Erie said in the other topic, expect to put months of labor into this.

In other words the same question as this topic you made: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=6314 like i said search.

the absolute best part is, I jumped on board lmfao. I'm trying to figure out how the hell you're supposed to CREATE a model. I can't figure out which program to use, and Zmodeller2 doesn't like me lmfao :P

Zmodeler 2 and Ultimate Unwrap are the only 2 Aps which out put v3o files. I guess Emergencey fits a pretty nich audience unlike racing games and simulators and so forth.

Most questions can be covered here in the forums if you search. Some times you may have to dig a bit but its likley there.

Makes you realize how hard hoopah and team has worked on the LA Mod, but if you get really stumped, since you were so helpful on my Dive Rescue topic, feel free to drop a PM my way. ;)

Zmodeler 2 and Ultimate Unwrap are the only 2 Aps which out put v3o files. I guess Emergencey fits a pretty nich audience unlike racing games and simulators and so forth.

Most questions can be covered here in the forums if you search. Some times you may have to dig a bit but its likley there.

Makes you realize how hard hoopah and team has worked on the LA Mod, but if you get really stumped, since you were so helpful on my Dive Rescue topic, feel free to drop a PM my way. ;)

Well, I still can't seem to make a polygon in Zmodeler. But, Rome wasn't built in a day :P. I suppose I have to keep diggin :P And thanks, same goes if there's anymore I can do for you :D

Guest ENG12INE

this guy martjuh is helping with making all of the vehicles seen as how it is a lot so fort he could probably help you quite a bit with creating them...I will post my pictures up on myspace hopefully by tonight...sorry it's takin a while...just keep checking this but I will post when they are done...my site is..............................myspace.com/firefightergulvas

they will be on there like I said hopefully by tonight...gotta have a driver to pull out the engines cause I don't have enough space to get each side in one picture...

this guy martjuh is helping with making all of the vehicles seen as how it is a lot so fort he could probably help you quite a bit with creating them...I will post my pictures up on myspace hopefully by tonight...sorry it's takin a while...just keep checking this but I will post when they are done...my site is..............................myspace.com/firefightergulvas

they will be on there like I said hopefully by tonight...gotta have a driver to pull out the engines cause I don't have enough space to get each side in one picture...

Saving them now. Quick Question: What's the B in B-12 stand for? Brush?

Guest ENG12INE

lol the B is for Brush yes...Brush 12 lol...I guess you guys don't have those in canada? or don't call them that...umm, yea those are pictures of my units but aren't the updated ones from tonight...those ones are going to be delayed even longer because we had more fricken storms tonight...my apologies again for the delay...hopefully tomorrow I believe should be better...hopefully I will have a driver to move them out so I can get the pictures...Martjuh you just need one picture from each side right? anything specific you need? and Fort do those pictures that are already on there...do those work for you?

lol the B is for Brush yes...Brush 12 lol...I guess you guys don't have those in canada? or don't call them that...umm, yea those are pictures of my units but aren't the updated ones from tonight...those ones are going to be delayed even longer because we had more fricken storms tonight...my apologies again for the delay...hopefully tomorrow I believe should be better...hopefully I will have a driver to move them out so I can get the pictures...Martjuh you just need one picture from each side right? anything specific you need? and Fort do those pictures that are already on there...do those work for you?

well, we do, but we call them Brush X, where x is the number. Here in my town, all trucks call signs and names are the type and station number. So, an Engine from Station 2 would be Pump 2. Yes, we call them Pumps :P lol... and those picks do work... now, if I could just work on getting Zmodeler to like me. I can't figure the damn thing out.

I personally think I'd do better at skinning and some basic lighting.

Guest ENG12INE
well, we do, but we call them Brush X, where x is the number. Here in my town, all trucks call signs and names are the type and station number. So, an Engine from Station 2 would be Pump 2. Yes, we call them Pumps :P lol... and those picks do work... now, if I could just work on getting Zmodeler to like me. I can't figure the damn thing out.

I personally think I'd do better at skinning and some basic lighting.

Oh thats interesting lol...here, if our station number is 12 (my departments number) for fire engines...they are called rescue engine 121,122,123,123 etc...then, whatever special service we have (truck, squad, Tanker) are just called, Tanker 12, Truck 12, squad 12...now for brush units we call them brush 12...so um, yea I downloaded zmodeler but it won't work for me, sometimes vista really pisses me off lol...I do all this on my laptop so I don't know if my computer just doesn't have the right graphic card and everything or what it is but...yea it doesn't work for me...and I can't figure out how the heck to unlock (unpack) v3o files...I tried all the things that everyone said. they said to just right click the file, and rename the dds file to a v30 file...but alls it will let me do is rename for ex....aerial ladder, I can change that name, but not the file type...and it's making me mad, maybe it's cause I have vista but I can't figure it out...do you know?

Oh thats interesting lol...here, if our station number is 12 (my departments number) for fire engines...they are called rescue engine 121,122,123,123 etc...then, whatever special service we have (truck, squad, Tanker) are just called, Tanker 12, Truck 12, squad 12...now for brush units we call them brush 12...so um, yea I downloaded zmodeler but it won't work for me, sometimes vista really pisses me off lol...I do all this on my laptop so I don't know if my computer just doesn't have the right graphic card and everything or what it is but...yea it doesn't work for me...and I can't figure out how the heck to unlock (unpack) v3o files...I tried all the things that everyone said. they said to just right click the file, and rename the dds file to a v30 file...but alls it will let me do is rename for ex....aerial ladder, I can change that name, but not the file type...and it's making me mad, maybe it's cause I have vista but I can't figure it out...do you know?

Wow, that'd confuse me :P It's easy here. We have 6 stations in town. Each station has a Pump and a Rescue, except for Stations 2 and 5. They don't have a Rescue, they have Heavy Rescues. They do all the extricating in Auto accidents. Station 1 also has a Boat and a Ladder, Station 3 has a Brush, a Utility, and a John Deere Gator (Painted RED, of course) :P , Station 4 has a Tanker and a Water Tower, Station 5 also has a Tanker, and Station 6 also has a Boat.

As for the Zmodeler, can't help ya, don't know anything about Vista :P

As for the Files; What you need to do is:

1. Rename the .v3o file from example.v3o to 1example.v3o (or similar, just change the name slightly).

2. Rename the .dds file from example.dds to example.v3o

3. Start the editor. Load your Mod

4. Under the mods menu in the Editor, you should see unpack.

5. Unpack the example.v3o (the one that WAS a .dds)

6. Exit the Editor

7. I used some Korean Program, the "Dark Namer"

8. Load the unpacked v.3o file

9. click the button on the left hand side, second from bottom.

10. type ".dds" click ok

11. click the button on the top left

12. click ok, ok (that will turn example.v3o back into example.dds)

13. Go back into the mod folder, and rename 1example.v3o to example.v3o

14. use the .dds converter to change the .dds file into .jpeg, .bmp, etc.

Voila! You're done. Clear as mud? :P

By the way, are you guys full time or volunteer?

Guest ENG12INE

...your not understanding what i'm saying read carefully lol....

when I type what the file reads it means that is the part I can rename...aerial_ladder.V3O is renamable

I can see a file that reads.....................aerial_ladder.V3O (renamable)

but for all .dds files...........they read like this...............aerial_ladder.......(thats the only renamable part) under that it says the file type which is .dds.............so therefore meaning I cannot change the .dds file over to .v3o....Make any sense? lol the V3O files are the only ones that show up with V3O on the end of the name of the file...................