jab16

Miami-Dade Private Mod

Dude read the post above, he cant release this so why does it matter now what he makes.

Maybe because people like to show what they've made?

Maybe because other people like to see what others did?

I wonder why you are suddenly so BOLD. You know, my copyright rules have been the same since I started modding.

I just wanted to clear it up today, so I've rewritten the rules. AT least it worked for you now.

Hoppah

Guest MonkeySquasher
I understand where you are coming from but, you could try to work out a way where you will still get all of the credit, but people could use there home town department skins.

Mike

CCFES

He allows for that. The person skins their own vehicles, and puts them into the mod themselves. It puts the customization on the PERSON, not on Hoppah. If they want it that way, Hoppah shouldn't have to do it himself and make it part of the mod. But every different skin doesn't mean a new mod has been created.

a small update i finished a miami dade police slicktop which can be seen below. I was thinking adding somthing like this to the port area. comments are welcome.

post-2914-1240365354_thumb.jpg

jab16, Where on earth did you get that fire station at, it rocks. Can you tell us, me mostly, where you got that from please?

- Jon

To make it more clear for users, I've changed the topic's title to 'private mod'.

A submod is an additition to the official LA mod. This one is private and not to be released.

Check out the Copyright topic and Approved submods topic for more information.

Hoppah

Thanks for letting me know if it is ok with you could I contact you via pm when I finish mabie we can agree on somthing

sorry for duble post but i have been gone but i should have a pic of the fire chief car done soon. Any suggestions are welcome i want to make it as real as possible.

ok i ran into a problem i need help like everyone else with the front and back!

post-2914-1240768336_thumb.jpg

here is fbi suv. Undercover CV, and battalion chief. oh and university of miami police enjoy comments welcomepost-2914-1240768626_thumb.jpg

1. Check the [...Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Models\Vehicles\02 LA Fire Department\...] directory.

Look for files that have a "2" on them, such as "fire_engine1_2.dds"

This is what controls the front/back textures.

"usar_squad_2.dds"

what do you do once you go there

what do you do once you go there

EDIT IT!!!!!! MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE SAME PAINT JOB FROM THE FIRST FILE YOU EDITED!!! IF YOU MAKE THE FIRST FILE LOOK LIKE A MIAMI DADE SCHEME, MAKE THE SECOND FILE LOOK THAT WAY TOO!!! Thats what I mean by EDIT IT! You change it too look like the first one! If i made the first file look like fdny, then i open the second file and make IT look like fdny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean is it really that hard to figure out? [sigh]

Sorry. It is just so simple. :wall:

EDIT IT!!!!!! MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE SAME PAINT JOB FROM THE FIRST FILE YOU EDITED!!! IF YOU MAKE THE FIRST FILE LOOK LIKE A MIAMI DADE SCHEME, MAKE THE SECOND FILE LOOK THAT WAY TOO!!! Thats what I mean by EDIT IT! You change it too look like the first one! If i made the first file look like fdny, then i open the second file and make IT look like fdny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean is it really that hard to figure out? [sigh]

Sorry. It is just so simple. :wall:

No no not like that lol but when i click on it there is and error report saying "there was an unspecified error while opening this file" do u know how to fix that???

ok small update i finished the amtrack squad car ( mad for fun it is the blue one ) and the miami-dade technal rescue colapse unit ( has the same equitment as usar ) here is the story... Two amtrack patrol cars were driving along the tracks to check on the maitmence facility when they dicoverd a train accident where a train had struck a car and a truck had run into a baracede ( did not have a better event ) the victim was removed as the colapse unit arrived for extracton of the conductor of the train. Enjoy feedback is welcome.

post-2914-1240796459_thumb.jpg

ok small update i finished the amtrack squad car ( mad for fun it is the blue one ) and the miami-dade technal rescue colapse unit ( has the same equitment as usar ) here is the story... Two amtrack patrol cars were driving along the tracks to check on the maitmence facility when they dicoverd a train accident where a train had struck a car and a truck had run into a baracede ( did not have a better event ) the victim was removed as the colapse unit arrived for extracton of the conductor of the train. Enjoy feedback is welcome.

post-2914-1240796459_thumb.jpg

nice looks good but how did u unpack the second file for the fire engine because its not in my editor