Ami89E1234

Emergency Trivia

This topic will kinda be like the Guess the Emergency Topic but its about trivia from emergency departments around the world.

Rules:

1. First person to guess an answer right goes next.

2. No double posting (by anyone).

3. It doesnt matter where you get your info.

4. If the person who guessed right doesnt post another question within 36 hours, I will select a replacement. Note: The person who is up can PM me if they want to get some more time to put a question up or if they want me to put it up i.e. if they were going on vacation.

a.The same person may NOT be selected twice in a row.

b.Even though I will make final executive decisions, I will usually just run on a 'first come first serve' policy where the first person to post anew question is it.

5. If no one guesses the correct answer within 72 hours, then the person will reveal the answer and I will choose another contestant.

6. You may give hints however the final answer may not be in them or the question.

7. There is no limit to how many answers/questions you can post i.e. you get an answer right, post a question, someone guesses it right and posts a question and then you get it right again AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DOUBLE POST.

8. Obey all site rules.

9. Have fun.

Question #1: What is the second oldest paid fire department in America?

I am going to guess that you are Talking about America, so I think maybe like the NYPD?

I'm jsut oging to keep geussing New york, eventually I will get it right :P

Well you did get it right, the bomb squad unit is over 101 years old..I'd have to read the book again to double check the exact age.

Oh, sorry, I will come back now,

I didn't think I got it right, and I have been sick the past few days, so I havent checked here much

Wow, I am indeed good

Here is my question:

How many police departments in Canada have been made Royal, meaning they bear the name something like Royal Canadian Mounted police, yes that is one, but it is only one, there are more. Please include the department names :)

Oh, sorry, I will come back now,

I didn't think I got it right, and I have been sick the past few days, so I havent checked here much

Wow, I am indeed good

Here is my question:

How many police departments in Canada have been made Royal, meaning they bear the name something like Royal Canadian Mounted police, yes that is one, but it is only one, there are more. Please include the department names :)

Are there 2?

The Royal Canadian Mounted police (your example)

Royal Newfoundland constabulary

Indeed, I knew someone would get it, but I was expecting a good few to be trying to guess in the Ontario area. Heres a tidbit of info.

the Royal Newfoundland Constabualry wasn't always Royal. It started off as the Newfoundland Constabulary on Fort Townshend, which it still resides in, now as 1 fort townshend. After 250 years the NC was made offically Royal, in 1979 by Queen Elizabeth II. Thats right, after 250 years, the NC finally became Royal. RNC is the oldest civil police force in North america, standing with a quite humbling 280 year service length this year. The RNC is the second Force to become royal in Canada, after the RCMP, which became royal in June of 1904. Didn't know that did you? Well Randonperson, you are up!

Where is the worlds oldest fire department

It would be the "Vigili del Fuoco" of Italy. It has, for the last 4 years, been under tremendous pressure financially. The "Vigili del Fuoco" is a national Fire Department. Typically, a station has 5 units: a "Pumpa," or Engine, a reserve "Pumpa," a Tanker, a light-duty Rescue for MVC's, and a 4x4 Duty truck. Italy does NOT mount Interior Attacks, and the only time people don SCBA is to make a rescue. "Smokedivers," as they call them, must be nationally certified, similar to SCUBA over here in NA. Attack lines are 1 1/2", whilst Supply lines are 2 1/2".

Vigili Del Fuoco has a very high MVC rate, as the roads outside of cities and villages have no posted limits. To further the problems, stations are spread thin, as it is a National Department, with Regional Command Centers spread through-out Italy. This means that some response times are pushing 30 minutes.

Am I right, or did I just waste half an hours research?