Ami89E1234

Emergency Trivia

@randomperson139

No, sorry, not the information I have anyway.

@Ami89E1234

Don't worry about the complex nature in which the UK is split. Having a look at the forum suggested that was international aswell. I wonder whether this will be the first one that gets people stumped?

EDIT: To avoid double posting and as the deadline is up the answer is (drum roll please)... Liverpool in 1860. Ami89E1234 you may choose another person to go as per the rules.

ooh ooh me, RESERVED FOR ME!

brb, gotta get the question

okay, oldest Fire suppression agency, AKA fire department in the world! I just need to know city name, and department name... Like if it was here(which it isn't ) it would be St. John's Regional Fire Department, St. John's, Canada

ooh ooh me, RESERVED FOR ME!

brb, gotta get the question

okay, oldest Fire suppression agency, AKA fire department in the world! I just need to know city name, and department name... Like if it was here(which it isn't ) it would be St. John's Regional Fire Department, St. John's, Canada

The Vigili del Fuoco in Italy

??

jab16 - Apr 17 2009, 04:52 AM: Where is the worlds oldest fire department

FortErieFireEli - Apr 17 2009, 06:49 AM: It would be the "Vigili del Fuoco" of Italy. It has, for the last 4 years, been under tremendous pressure financially. The "Vigili del Fuoco" is a national Fire Department. Typically, a station has 5 units: a "Pumpa," or Engine, a reserve "Pumpa," a Tanker, a light-duty Rescue for MVC's, and a 4x4 Duty truck. Italy does NOT mount Interior Attacks, and the only time people don SCBA is to make a rescue. "Smokedivers," as they call them, must be nationally certified, similar to SCUBA over here in NA. Attack lines are 1 1/2", whilst Supply lines are 2 1/2".

Vigili Del Fuoco has a very high MVC rate, as the roads outside of cities and villages have no posted limits. To further the problems, stations are spread thin, as it is a National Department, with Regional Command Centers spread through-out Italy. This means that some response times are pushing 30 minutes.

Am I right, or did I just waste half an hours research?

jab16 - Apr 17 2009, 02:24: Correct well done

Newfoundking's question DOES NOT count. therefore i give the question to randomperson139 or whoever posts first (except Newfoundking, since according to the rules he did go last (even though the question does not count)

crap now i gotta go edit the rules

**MENTAL NOTE TO SELF: EDIT RULES IN ACCORDANCE WITH ABOVE TEXT ^^