Hoppah

Copyright

You got my permission, but you need w00ds permission too. I'm not sure if disabling them by changing these files will affect the loading times. I don't think it will, but disabling 3 vehicles by removing all data (including their files) will hardly affect loading times anyway. You got to test that yourself, but you know I won't allow you to re-release the LA Mod with your customizations. You can better make good instructions so people can delete these files themselves.

Well I was just saying 3 examples, in reality, theres quite a few more then that I believe, but no instructions will be provided. Just not going to mess with that part of it as its just more work then its worth.

w00ds has given permission, and pretty sure he said any one could release it assuming credit was given.

Hello Hoppah,

May I use a part of the LA mod Script: LAfirestation.script

The part is from opening and closing the gates of the firestation...

object VcmdGarageDoorsUp : CommandScript
{
VcmdGarageDoorsUp()
{
SetCursor("garagedoorup");
SetIcon("garagedoorup");
}

bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
{
if (!Caller->IsValid())
return false;

if (!Game::IsFreeplay() && !Game::IsMultiplayer())
return false;

Vehicle v(Caller);
if (v.HasCommand(DUMMY_ALARM))
return false;

return true;
}

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
{
if (!Caller->IsValid() || !Target->IsValid() || (Caller->GetID() != Target->GetID()))
return false;

return true;
}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)
{
if(Caller->HasName(NAME_CONTROLPANEL)) //= fire station 1
Caller->PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_GATES, Caller, 1, false);
else if(Caller->HasName(NAME_CONTROLPANEL2)) //= fire station 2
Caller->PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_GATES, Caller, 3, false);
}
};

object VcmdGarageDoorsDown : CommandScript
{
VcmdGarageDoorsDown()
{
SetCursor("garagedoordown");
SetIcon("garagedoordown");
}

bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
{
if (!Caller->IsValid())
return false;

if (!Game::IsFreeplay() && !Game::IsMultiplayer())
return false;

Vehicle v(Caller);
if (v.HasCommand(DUMMY_ALARM))
return false;

return true;
}

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
{
if (!Caller->IsValid() || !Target->IsValid() || (Caller->GetID() != Target->GetID()))
return false;

return true;
}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)
{
if(Caller->HasName(NAME_CONTROLPANEL)) //= fire station 1
Caller->PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_GATES, Caller, 2, false);
else if(Caller->HasName(NAME_CONTROLPANEL2)) //= fire station 2
Caller->PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_GATES, Caller, 4, false);
}
};

I will use this in the Burgerdam Modification.

Hoppah :)

Can the England Mod team have permission to use and edit your fire station door model and prototype for use in our mod?

Regards

James

Yes, you got permission. :)

Can you please say me if i am authorized

Here is the topic

You got permission to release the submod. As soon there is a download link available I'll make the topic sticky.

Hello Hoppah,

May I use a part of the LA mod Script: LAfirestation.script

The part is from opening and closing the gates of the firestation...

I will use this in the Burgerdam Modification.

You got permission.

Hi hoppah

I'm a french skiner and i'd like to use your AS350 model to do an "securite civile" paint which as the EMS in the USA but in France. I also would like to distribute it in a french mod.

screenshot of the french "securite civile" paint in reality

Greetings

Osprey

The AS350 model is not mine, but MikeyPIs.

Don´t know if this is the right way to ask for permission but...i made some new york skins of your la units and i was wondering if i may rellease em? noting has been altered but the colour. you will be named as creator of it al exept the skins. And to save time i also ask if i may alter some small stuff on your free play map and rellese that too?/ rachammer

I have some very bad and good news.

The bad news

I am going to stop modding for the time being. The main reason is that I lack the motivation to continue the Los Angeles Mod at this time. I don't know I'm going to stop permanantly. That depends on what Emergency 2012 is going to offer. Anyway, some background information: I started creating the Los Angeles mod for Emergency 3 back in 2005. That mod quickly grew out to one of the most popular mods for this game. As soon Emergency 4 was released I abondoned the Los Angeles mod for Emergency 3 and started to make the same Los Angeles mod for Emergency 4. The very first version of that mod was released on August 26, 2006. The Los Angeles mod for Emergency 4 became even more popular, with a huge fanbase and 100.000s of downloads.

I am NOT going to leave the forums. I will remain active here and see what I can do to help people regarding modding and support the moderator-team.

The good news

Because I honestly don't really care about my creations anywmore, people are allowed to take, change and release whatever they want from the Los Angeles Mod. Just make sure you don't just take models made by other people than me. And remember: this doesn't mean you can steal my or other peoples models! When you take something, make sure to check who made it. Get permission from the original authors if necessary. Hereby, you only have my permission to take my models. Consult the last page of the Los Angeles Mod manual for a full list of authors of other models. The only other thing I ask from you need is to mention my nickname when you take something. For example: 'Original model by Hoppah'. Hopefully, this will keep the forums more active and will motivate people to start a new mod. Read the Copright topic for more and detailed information.

I want to thank all the people who contributed to the mod and all the fans who loved playing the Los Angeles mod.

Hoppah

I'll probably be using your ambulances (ALS, BLS, and vintage), your fire engines, your battalion chief car, and maybe the brush truck and crane and a few other vehicles. And I will be temporarily be using your map, until I create my own.

P.S. I am still going to read the manual to find out who the exact owners are and contact them.