Hoppah

Copyright

Guest Shawn Biro

Hi Hoppah I was looking at seeing if it is possible to transfer 911 first responders from one computer to another and when looking I saw that someone took the lamod v1.5 and uploaded for themselves, im not sure if they gave you credit or anything like that and I didnt download it because it could be a virus and just wanted you to know about this, if this is something to worry about.

http://www.btmon.com/Games/PC/LA_Mod_v._1...._4.torrent.html

Hi Hoppah I was looking at seeing if it is possible to transfer 911 first responders from one computer to another and when looking I saw that someone took the lamod v1.5 and uploaded for themselves, im not sure if they gave you credit or anything like that and I didnt download it because it could be a virus and just wanted you to know about this, if this is something to worry about.

http://www.btmon.com/Games/PC/LA_Mod_v._1...._4.torrent.html

Torrent is dead because there is no seeders. Without a seeder you will not get the files from the torrent. So therefore, you will not be able to find out if credit was given or not.

Guest Ramon

Can i use some scripts?

LAAutomaticSirens

LAPatrol is it difficult to use?

LATrafficCone

And martijntjuh got a script in his mod that you can put on and put off the flashing lights, Its called blauw but he tells me its hoppah's script so you need to ask him.

And its for the Amsterdam - Amstelland mod;)

Thanks,

Ramon

Can i use some scripts?

LAAutomaticSirens

LAPatrol is it difficult to use?

LATrafficCone

And martijntjuh got a script in his mod that you can put on and put off the flashing lights, Its called blauw but he tells me its hoppah's script so you need to ask him.

And its for the Amsterdam - Amstelland mod;)

Thanks,

Ramon

No problem, you got permission but I can't provide support to add them to your mod. Good luck.

Can I use your tiller and the scripts?

Changes to tiller:

New cab

Make the sides the same without ladder (the on on the side)

Make compartments on the trailer part

Delete/add lights

^New lighting scheme

Thanks!

puppysboy

Can I use your tiller and the scripts?

How, by hacking my pc? And for what? A submod, your personal mod or a whole new mod which you want to release? v1.9 isn't even out yet and the tiller won't be shared before (for very obvious reasons). Maybe you should wait until v1.9 is released. When it is released you can have the script, I am not sure about the model yet.

How, by hacking my pc? And for what? A submod, your personal mod or a whole new mod which you want to release? v1.9 isn't even out yet and the tiller won't be shared before (for very obvious reasons). Maybe you should wait until v1.9 is released. When it is released you can have the script, I am not sure about the model yet.

Okay! I kinda figured since it was, like, the first tiller. And, I know someone else that was making the model, so hopefuly he still has it...

who? me? no, i deleted it once Hoppah announced his. :dry: but its no biggie, i was using the cab from one of his engines and some parts from some of my models for it, so all id have to do is import the engine and separate the cab

Hoppah, this might be pushing the limits a bit here, but I was wondering if i could post an e4mod file containing the LA Mod(no sub mods, bug fix patch applied) with w00ds new map in it so people can have the option of choosing which mod to load depending on which freeplay map they want to play?

Hoppah, this might be pushing the limits a bit here, but I was wondering if i could post an e4mod file containing the LA Mod(no sub mods, bug fix patch applied) with w00ds new map in it so people can have the option of choosing which mod to load depending on which freeplay map they want to play?

Sorry, no. It's not my fault the installation instructions of that submod are vague. You might want to find a way to release that submod with better instructions or use a program like Inno Setup to make an .exe installer which makes installation easier as well. In that case I can provide you with a script, so it automatically finds the correct EM4 directory AND the mod directory.

The file in .zip file in the attachment can only be opened with Inno Setup.

I added two extra codes to the file:

1. The installer should automatically find the correct game folder.

2. The installer also checks if a folder called 'Los Angeles Mod v1.8' exists in the Mods folder. An warning message will appear when that folder is not found.

Other notes:

1. The green lines in the script are deactivated. You can activated them by removing the ; in front of the line. This way you can add a license and/or information page, but also icons and a big/small image file. Just make sure these files it asks for are in the SourceDir folder.

2. To add additional files to the installer you need to add or alter the lines below the [Lines] section.

The example line adds 1 file (file1.txt) to the installer. You can copy/paste that line to add additional files. I also added a line which adds a whole folder instead of a single file as a source. That line is deactivated though.

3. Make sure you make the appropiate changes, like the AppName, Source and DestDir codes.

4. TEST the installer a couple of times, to make sure ALL files are installed in the correct directories of the LA Mod. :)

5. More questions? Try to look in the Documentation files first. Inno Setup comes with a huge FAQ and documentation.

Good luck,

Hoppah

Los_Angeles_Mod_v1.8_submod.zip

Hoppah, I'm going to be taking the base of your MP5 script, and adapting it for my mod, on here you say thats not a problem, I will modify it for my mods use though, just giving you a heads up, thankyou.

Thanks for letting me know.

Guest ooDOLANoo

"3. Motivation and dedication

That's why I'd like to motivate people to learn 3D-modelling and - if possible - other aspects of modding. People who are capable of creating new models open opportunities to share models with me. Even if it's not in my interest, someone who can create models is already more dedicated to modding than somone who can't get any further than changing textures. People with 3D-moddeling experience are also able to actually add unique stuff to their mod instead of only using parts of other mods. So, if you are able to share your models I can share mine."

Hey Hoppah, i coudnt find an answer anywhere so, im tryin to learn modding, cause i love the game, is there a forum where you can get help modding? cause i play this game pretty frequently and love trying to edit. :machkaputt: sorry if this question is in the total wrong forum.. thank you

Dolan

"3. Motivation and dedication

Hey Hoppah, i coudnt find an answer anywhere so, im tryin to learn modding, cause i love the game, is there a forum where you can get help modding? cause i play this game pretty frequently and love trying to edit. :machkaputt: sorry if this question is in the total wrong forum.. thank you

Dolan

There is our tutorial section...

And on the website of Z-modeler 2 you can also find a tutorial on how to make nice models.

Beyond that I wouldn't really know, but you can always try google. :happy: