tripel7

4 officers killed in shoot out Oakland Ca.

there should be a change made to that, becuase guns weren't a tenth as dangerous as they are now...

I can kill 8 people in 8 seconds with one clip, with a simple handgun... when that law was written you could kill 1 person a minute with one clip... That is why there were bayonets..

I really think there should be change to those gun laws, or else this will keep happening

well i mean not to get in the political debate or anything but technecaly that can really not be changed because in the constitution it says "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

guns are illegal in the uk without a licence (which is really difficult to get and are not common), but the wrong people still get the guns whenever they want them. making it illegal wont help much at all, itll just stop lawabiding people from defending themselves against those who have the guns, as has happened in uk.

I just saw a thing on MSNBC, the youngest person to ever receive a license in the US was 11...

Not that bad right?

Well it wasn't 11 years, it was 11 months, thats a bit much, for someone not even 1 to have a gun...

It is quite sad to hear this happening, and my prayers are with the families of these fallen officers

I am a liberal on most issues, but this one makes me out to be a NRA card carrying whackjob, but the fact of the matter is most weapons used in a crime (with the exception of domestics) aren't registered. Making it so noone can have guns won't solve the problem, besides the fact it's unconstitutional. CA has some of the toughest gun laws in the country (with the exception of my great state of MA, where you can't buy glocks because they wont pay the fee to be on the AG's list, even tho every police department with the exception of the state police uses them.) and this still happened. There was a thing in San Diego a while back with someone who mowed some people down with an AK-47. I think we need to clamp down on Illegal weapons but keep the people's right to bear arms, but hey, that's just me. However, this topic is not about how the criminal got the gun or what needs to be done about it, but about 4 brave officers who lost their lives protecting us. RIP All we can do now is pray for them and their families, and of every officer or firefighter who lost their lives for us.

Edited by AgentSmith6

theyre right, changing the gun laws wont help. (then again, that was a time when we wanted to kill the Brits for oppressing us.) but it is people who decide, like that drunk off-duty policewoman who killed 4 Indians on spring break (not Native Americans) because she was driving eastbound on a westbound road. crazy Amercans :s

How are we crazier than any other nation might I ask? What happened here is something that every nation goes through. I will admit that America seems to have a disproportionate amount of shootings, but with 300 million people in the country, It's inevitable that there seems to be more here than anywhere else.

Edited by AgentSmith6

okay, guys calm down, this is going to get way out of hand here... This is about 3 officers who were gunned down in the line of duty.

If you want to argue about gun laws, there is another place for it, like you don't argue about someone's death at their funeral, this isn't the place either. I know you weren't trying to, but it is going to get out of hand soon, so just drop it. And I know I mentioned some tihings about the gun laws as well, but I am dropping it and leaving it at that. Be the better man, and step away beofre anything starts.

Thanks,

NFK