w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

Ok I have taken the time to package up the bug fix files, courtesy of w00ds, and a fixed version of the LAFirestationStart.script containing the fix for the backwards apertures at Fire Station 1. I also took the time to make copies of the .dds and .e4m files so that it contains a freeplay.dds and freeplay.e4m and dfreeplay.dds and dfreeplay.e4m eliminating the need to rename the files or having to load it as the standard version map for those of us with EM4 Deluxe. Link will be added to post when it is done uploading.

http://sharebee.com/955219b2

No problem. I have found a new bug. There is a club fitness at the bottom of the map in the center. The doors are open so it should be accessible but it is not,and since its not accessible i just spent 20 min with 10 FFs with hoses concentrated on the building and could not extinguish the fire since it is inside.

You don't need to rename the .eft file. When do people start to read!? The install instruction are in the first post! I don't write it for myself but for you guys, so please take a minute and read it.

People ARE renaming the .eft file when they are not supposed to. I did not rename the .eft file because I did read the instructions.

Update:

http://sharebee.com/513fe240

This fixes the problem with not being able to enter the Club Fitness. Several times I had an injured person in the building which I couldnt reach since i couldnt enter the building. I also, as stated above, was not able to extinguish fires at this building since the firers sparked inside and there was no way to access the inside of the building.

Could a mod update the first post and thread description? Thanks!

Wow good fix, but I still still two issues.

1 BAT Car turn singles are left on after return to station.

2. Chief still cannot dispatch/ call for any support unless vehicles have already been bought. Meaning, if I have a car accident and I want a medflight, I cannot use the command unless I have already bought it.

In LA MOD 1.8 thats not modded, this command does in fact work as stated.

Guest em4fan
Ok I have taken the time to package up the bug fix files, courtesy of w00ds, and a fixed version of the LAFirestationStart.script containing the fix for the backwards apertures at Fire Station 1. I also took the time to make copies of the .dds and .e4m files so that it contains a freeplay.dds and freeplay.e4m and dfreeplay.dds and dfreeplay.e4m eliminating the need to rename the files or having to load it as the standard version map for those of us with EM4 Deluxe. Link will be added to post when it is done uploading.

http://sharebee.com/955219b2

Thank you Xplorer4x4

em4fan

Wow good fix, but I still still two issues.

1 BAT Car turn singles are left on after return to station.

2. Chief still cannot dispatch/ call for any support unless vehicles have already been bought. Meaning, if I have a car accident and I want a medflight, I cannot use the command unless I have already bought it.

In LA MOD 1.8 thats not modded, this command does in fact work as stated.

I have noticed that to. Not sure if I can find the time to fix it or not.

wayne and i played the map in multiplayer and worked pretty good. there still seems to be a pathing issue over to the right of the smaller fire station by the pd there. other than that like i said it was pretty nice.

also can we get the gunman but back in the redlight district? it was nice having him tie up the calls until everyone could get they vehicles etc setup. then once they were you could just have police go over there and pick his ass up. and then let the call begin!!

W00d, you were right on the part of accidents and stufff.

I will add some and then post an update here.

And maybe i will add some traffic too,.

Because it was less then the normal map has.

Traffic jams will be caused but maybe when i got a few months of time i will make a big update containing:

-Traffic Officers

-Detours

Traffic officers will not be controlled by you, but will go automatically,,

They will only have 1 command: Set up detour.

When you activate this command this will happen:

Cars coming will take an other route (instead of left, they go right)

This command will only be activated if traffic jams occur.

But this will be made by me not soon, but in a couple of month's (due to no time and much work)

Detour system will work almost the same as Winterberg Mod Detours.

I am not sure if this will be released.

wayne and i played the map in multiplayer and worked pretty good. there still seems to be a pathing issue over to the right of the smaller fire station by the pd there. other than that like i said it was pretty nice.

also can we get the gunman but back in the redlight district? it was nice having him tie up the calls until everyone could get they vehicles etc setup. then once they were you could just have police go over there and pick his ass up. and then let the call begin!!

If you want time to set up your units, then simply edit your freeplayparams.xml or dfreeplayparams.xml so that events dont start right away. Set up your units, and then save. Then you can load up your mod with units in place in the future.

The winterberg mod has a detour system??? How do you get it to work??

Police car, let agents get out, press the detour function on the car.

(it says: 'umleitung')

Strange marks that have the shape of an arrow appear on the road.

With an agent rightclick (or left, dont know) on one of the marks, and then a sign will be placed.

For fun you can place some pylon's

How do you play this map in multiplayer?

Download map, follow download instructions, Start game, load LA mod, When loaded, press Multiplayer.

Guest Bystler

Hello, I`m new in this forum and I have one question

First sorry by the grammar, but my english is very bad

And second, I want install this map, but i don`t know if I have to download the three files or only the last update "Update, bug fix by Xplorer4x4"

Thanks for the help

Bye

have been playing this map by myself now for a little bit over the last few days. after i play for awhile i stop getting calls for service. ive looked around and i think it has to do with the paths that the people are using. i looked around and there are large groups of people just piled up at certain places. so im not sure if they just arent getting to their final location and not able to disappear or if the actual path is messed up.

any ideas? also is anyone else having this issue?