w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

Uh ..

Wood stopped working on this map SOME time ago, so unless your working on this map yourself then your gonna be waiting a long time. Now I know some people are doing personal updates here and there, but that requires a lot of time too. Not to mention V1.9 has been released, and I'm sure the couple of people working on this map changed over to Hoppah's new map.

Best advice, find woods original map version 1, and fix the pathing issues. It's a good map, requires a little work, but it's a fun map.-

I still tend to like this one over Hoppah's new map so I've been having to tweak it a bit. Some of the issues I noticed in 1.8 don't seem to be there in 1.9. The major issue I've found is the fact that there are lots of traffic jams and this causes bus's to get off target and cause long sessions where traffic is not moving. I've fixed this for the most part in my version by removing a bus stop and adding a lot more stop lights.

Other then that I've not found any major issues yet. I've yet to fix the pathing issue when you have a vehicle on patrol and it goes south and has no way to go north so crossed over the median. Anyone else notice any problems since 1.9?

Yea lots of traffic jams in 1.9 new map.

But we aint talking about that in this topic :rofl:

Yes. Then why bring it up? Everything I said was related to this map. If you had read previously you'd see I've discussed this map before and everything I talked about was regarding this particular map. Please re-read before making yourself look any worst. This map posses a MAJOR issue with traffic jams which a few I've been able to work out and some I've not.

Now then, unless you have something to say regarding this map (and the issues relating to it) and not trying to make me wrong when you're clearly the one who needs to check facts, then step along.

Yes. Then why bring it up? Everything I said was related to this map. If you had read previously you'd see I've discussed this map before and everything I talked about was regarding this particular map. Please re-read before making yourself look any worst. This map posses a MAJOR issue with traffic jams which a few I've been able to work out and some I've not.

Now then, unless you have something to say regarding this map (and the issues relating to it) and not trying to make me wrong when you're clearly the one who needs to check facts, then step along.

Has anyone been able to use the tiller from 1.9 in this map?

I have to say yes on both. Yes it's worth downloading, it's a fun map. Yes there are plenty of bugs but I find it less painful to use than Hoppahs fire-happy one. -shrugs.- All about how you like the city designed.

--

whonneb, tiller does not call from off map properly. Pretty sure this is a common glitch with using it on other maps...

I don't really remember. Try the original one. There are some glitches like the inability to send the Helicopter off map... Tiller won't work, traffic jams are common, and a few other bits here and there... But in general I love the layout of the map. =D

w00d has not been online since October 26th. Because of the popularity of his maps, I might see if I can 'rerelease' his maps as an .exe installer after I released v2.0 of the Los Angeles Mod. The maps will be compatible with the latest version, but won't contain any other changes. I probably can't contact him to ask permission, so I'll take full responsibility.

Hoppah

So anyways, who all downloaded the map where wOOd left off? Did anyone post pictures since then? I would really like to work on this map too, but unfortunately my laptop doesn't have a validated copy of windows (for some odd reason) and it runs really slow, even though I downloaded LA MOD and Reality Lights Mod, so I won't really be able to do anything else. I can run the Editor, but I can't really work well with scripts and I don't even know how to turn a model around (in the editor). So, best wishes for those who are working on it, let's try to complete wOOd's dream! That sounded really corny!

Racer

So anyways, who all downloaded the map where wOOd left off? Did anyone post pictures since then? I would really like to work on this map too, but unfortunately my laptop doesn't have a validated copy of windows (for some odd reason) and it runs really slow, even though I downloaded LA MOD and Reality Lights Mod, so I won't really be able to do anything else. I can run the Editor, but I can't really work well with scripts and I don't even know how to turn a model around (in the editor). So, best wishes for those who are working on it, let's try to complete wOOd's dream! That sounded really corny!

Racer

Hoppah has said he MIGHT update this but there is no guarantee. Other then that, the maps pretty much dead. It has a good amount of bugs. Myself and a few others did make some updates but other then that, no one is officially working on this map anymore. As best I recall, traffic was really bad on this map.