Guest Panicxz

What happened to the powercall?

Guest Panicxz

What happened to the powercall on the USAR truck?

Man, I miss that siren.

Can anyone send it? :) I'll really appreciate it.

Email it to joseraul27 @ gmail.com or upload it here :)

Thanks!

What happened to the powercall on the USAR truck?

Man, I miss that siren.

Can anyone send it? :) I'll really appreciate it.

Email it to joseraul27 @ gmail.com or upload it here :)

Thanks!

The powercall and priority sirens are illegal in California (or only LA County, I'm not sure), so they have been replaced by sirens which are more realistic.

But you can still find the old sirens in the mod!

Check out the following folder:

Emergency 4/Mods/Los Angeles Mod v1.7/Audio/Fx/sirens/ALTERNATE SIRENS/

Copy or move the files one folder back to replace the current sirens in the mod.

Hoppah

The powercall and priority sirens are illegal in California (or only LA County, I'm not sure), so they have been replaced by sirens which are more realistic.

Copy or move the files one folder back to replace the current sirens in the mod.

Hoppah

since when is a sirene illigal?

Guest Panicxz

Had no idea powercall was illegal in LA :o

Some sirens are illegal in some cities/states, take for example New york, you won't see a fire truck with a Q on it, I believe it's illegal there, not sure why.

Guest Panicxz

Hoppah

I checked that folder, checked the files under the folder, but I couldn't find the one with the powecall call on, any ideas?

Thanks for your help :)

Guest Pyroman93

its not so much illegal as not approved by CHP

they set the requirements for going code 3 i.e. the 1 steady forward facing red light, what sirens are approved and such

Because the government says so?

Ever heard a Dutch ambulance with a different siren than the ones you always hear (this one plus a faster version)? I think it's basicly illegal in the Netherlands to not use a different siren than that 3-tone siren.

They are testing different sirens since a few months, but nothing has approved yet. Does it make more sense to you now?

Some sirens are illegal in some cities/states, take for example New york, you won't see a fire truck with a Q on it, I believe it's illegal there, not sure why.

In New York however you do see the occasional fire truck that till runs a mechanical Q, but not often, because they can't run it around their BC or anyone else high ranking, so it is seldom seen. It's not really breaking the law if you don't get caught :P (But most of the time, you Are caught, so it is :) )

Guest Panicxz
Is this the file you were looking for. Two with powercall. In Maryland powercall is used by many stations.

YES MAN! Thanks a lot I appreciate it!

Ever heard a Dutch ambulance with a different siren than the ones you always hear (this one plus a faster version)? I think it's basicly illegal in the Netherlands to not use a different siren than that 3-tone siren.

They are testing different sirens since a few months, but nothing has approved yet. Does it make more sense to you now?

I actually love that 3 tone siren (even though some people say it sounds like an ice cream truck) I Love it, and I love the faster version even more!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmPM2XLNXg&...feature=related

personally i find Dutch ambulance sirens to be somewhat rediculous. if i were in The Netherlands, i would probably run out to the ambulance and demand ice cream :) i much rather prefer German ambulance sirens (even though they sound somewhat to be the gay German siren, compared to German police and fire sirens.

as i quote on Dutch ambulances:

their ambulance looks like a giant yellow dick.
yeahgh!?! DILD0-AMBULANCE
DILDOBUlANCE!!! I я TARDED

i find those posts hilarious cause theyre not true

Guest mark4gtl

In the netherlands they make a difference between the emergency sirens

amulance has 4 tone (easy to remember in The netherlands - We zijn op weg/ we zijn te laat/ hij is al dood)

Police has 3 tone

Firetrucks has 2 tone

that way you can tell who is coming your way.

and still enough (stupid) people don`t pay atention and are driving in the way of the emerhency services

Wrong, some FDNY trucks have Qs on them....

Indeed they do, but if you will look at my post, even though they are illgal, some FDNY trucks still run them while there are no BCs or other higher ranking authority. It's kinda a tradition thing nothing more, so they continue to do it, ven after they were banned due to noise problems..

Is this the file you were looking for. Two with powercall. In Maryland powercall is used by many stations.

Hey Kappy,

What file do you put that siren in?

I have power call and I put it in usarsquad folder and it didn't work

Guest mark4gtl
Police has 2 tones

Ambulance has 3 tones;)

Fireengine had 2 tones

incorrect

fire engine has 2

police has 3

and ambulance has 4

from Holland with relatives at the emergency services

they are indeed testing with new sirene sounds in some regions

results are unknown by me

kom zelf uit nederland,

familie en kennisen bij brandweer en politie

Had no idea powercall was illegal in LA :o

Actually there is allot of FDNY apparatus with Q sirens they can't buy them anymore because federal stopped making them but you just take them off the truck you are replacing. I love the powercall my local department uses the power call in the chiefs vehicle and the BC vehicle. I made my own version for my game it has the Q, Air horns, R6 Power Call, R6 Air Horn, 6 Adam, Hyperyelp and the 6 baker.

incorrect

fire engine has 2

police has 3

and ambulance has 4

I hate to go off topic here too much, but that really is incorrect.

Fire engines have a two tone sirene (low, lower), Ambulances use a three tone sirene (you hear four notes, but the second and the last note are the same tone) and police cars have a two tone sirene (high, low). A 4 tone sirene isn't allowed in the Netherlands. Only two tone and three tone horns are allowed (check the WegenVerkeersWet 1994).

Some engines/cars do have the ability to 'speed up' there sirens when approaching a crossing. This is called the kruispuntversneller (in Dutch), but that's not a seperate tone in the sirene. It just speeds up the already existing sirene so that the tones sound different, but in reality they aren't. It is a very common mistake to see the kruispuntversneller as an extra tone.

BTW: I'm from the Netherlands too and I am a volunteer fire fighter, as part of our training we need to learn the laws and regulations about Fire Departments. And they say exactly what is described above.

To convince you: check out this youtube movie of a guy playing police sirens.

You will notice he only uses two keys on the keyboard to play the sirens. So the police use a two tone siren. For everybody not from the Netherlands, the fourth siren looks most like the one used nowadays in the Netherlands. The others are some slight variations or sirens used in the past.

Same goes for this vid about the ambulance sirens (only off course he uses three keystrokes because it's a three tone siren). the first siren is the most commenly seen siren in the Netherlands, the third one is used in Amsterdam.

I hope I have cleared this matter up once and for all now. Let's all go back on topic now shall we.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs
added the youtube vids

Guest Panicxz
Wrong, some FDNY trucks have Qs on them....

I never say they didn't, but look at the the posts above yours, if you get caught you're done.

WE have one that's testing and sounds good http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=PXWSbXytNlU

I like this siren, gives the ambulance a good american touch ;) but I still love the 3 Tone siren.

Hey Kappy,

What file do you put that siren in?

I have power call and I put it in usarsquad folder and it didn't work

Well I put the siren into X:Mod/Fx/Sirens and I renamed the file to Siren01. It doesn't work with all the engines, some for some of them so you'll have to play with them and figure out whicih one usar uses ;)

Or might as well wait until Hoppah sees this ;)