MikeyPI

[EM4] Suggestions/Ideas Thread: (Revised)

I sware I might as well just shut this topic down since all I have had to do since it was opened is clean up useless/inappropriate content. It seems that's all I get to do on this forum anymore, having decent discussions is too much to ask I guess. We get the joy during this festive time of year of cleaning up other's messes non stop. I have to delete posts, edit other ones and in the end it doesnt ever die, just comes back in a week. IF I have to deal with one more mess, regardless of the topic I will be shutting it rather than cleaning it up. Grow up!

I prefer so much modeling over dealing with this mess, I sware some days I can't even work on the things I actually enjoy because I get to deal with all this.

Guest juice01

"How much is praknahte razbirachi t just is not true. Well you what you do as you want, but if you do theme for its proposals must comply with them. You do what you want ... Well it nechakay proposals when we do not respect them. Amman from such people."

That's what I could translate from Bulgarian to English.

Hoppah and other creators don't have to "comply" with anything, anybody wants and they'll do what they want, which they have said in so many words before. People here do respect others proposals but everybody must respect what the creators want to put in THIER mod because they are the ones that do the work and not you. This is some what like a dictatorship and not like a democracy

One final note, I want to thank Hoppah and all involved for bringing hours of enjoyment to all but one person here and for keeping it real.

Merry Christmas.

Since the battalion chief and the ems captain will have more functions like calling units not on the map, would it be possible to set up an alarm response button? this would add to the realism of the game. most of the time a battalion chief will say dispatch my 2nd alarm. they usually don't say give me 3 engines, 1 ladder, 1 rescue, 1ALS & 1 BLS. that's usually part of the alarm run card. yes there are times when a incident commader will ask for individual units when the fire is not too out of control, but not when it is out of control. The alarm button could work like the light force button. It would give players another option when playing. Maybe have it set up that if you hit the alarm button while pressing the CTRL button on the keyboard it would only send fire units without EMS.

While in many parts of the US you will find 2nd and 3rd alarm assignments,with regards to the Los Angeles City Fire Department, the opposite of what you are used to is true. After the first assignment is on scene, the IC will order up each unit individually such as, "Send me 3 additional task forces and 1 800." The only major "category" of additional units would be to upgrade a traffic accident to a physical rescue assignment which would add the Heavy Rescue and additional units. Please see this thread and this thread and search alarms or boxes for even more. It's something thats been covered many times on this board and one of the things that makes Los Angeles different in it's own way.

My second suggestion is for the arson fires most of the time the actor is not still on location. they are usually gone by the time the PD and FD arrive or are in hiding watching the action. My suggestion is maybe once the fire is out have a fire marshal come to the scene to investigate or whoever LAFD uses in that situation. when the investigation is complete the actor icon could show up on the map. that's when you could dispatch the police to locate and arrest the arsonist.

These are only suggestions and hopefully this won't offend anyone. If so i deeply apologize. I realize this thread is a very sensitive area.

Freeplay events are hard coded and cannot be changed beyond a few simple edits, as it stands right now you can change the freeplay event file to have the suspect remain in place for however long you want instead of running around setting multiple fires, but adding an Inspector is something that could only useful as part of a mission, not a freeplay event.

Not going to spend time on Caprice police car. Why?

1. Because the mod already has dozens of police cars.

2. I'm trying to keep the mod as modern as possible.

3. I don't think PD's still use the car, someone once said the car wasn't very reliable.

4. And final, I don't like the car myself.

Hoppah

Yeah the Caprice had a problem in the middle of it's life I was told. In high spped pursuits or car accidents it would destroy the car's fuel system and a fire or explosion would result.

And as for the unit packages. True, they are called out but I guess I was unclear. I'm talking about withen the station, the multiple select function is somewhat unreliable and will select units I don't want. I ment when you click on the remove roof button that you could call a unit or more then one unit out in a dispatch. Sorry, that was my bad.

Actually, the rear-end collision was known to cause problems with the 1995-1997 Crown Victorias, they could have their fuel tanks ruptured and could have a fire as a result. I had one that was repaired by reinforcing the fuel tank to help prevent the components of the rear end from smashing through and causing a fuel leak. This problem to my knowledge did not effect the Caprices, however it is common on the particular drivetrain setup that both vehicles share. Unfortunately, in a Rear Wheel Drive vehicle there is really nowhere else to put the fuel tank except behind the axle, as such it is highly exposed to the impact of an accident and can rupture. Really cars do not tend to "explode", that is more of a mis-nomer for what they can do. Typically they just rupture and ignite at the fuel tank, with all of the accelerants found in a car they do tend to burn up pretty quick (plastic and fabrics=good fuel).

As for your second issue, I am not quite sure what you mean, if I am understanding right you are meaning when you select a unit they tend to bunch up, there really is not much we can do about that since their spawn point is in the fire station. In order to prevent them from blocking truck paths we have to keep them pretty close to where they spawn. You can just send individual personnel out at a time through the CP, but I agree that takes longer. I just accept the fact you spend a bit more time finding the correct units you want for a vehicle, or send them out in groups that are destined for a specific vehicle. I don't stock the vehicles when an event comes, I just keep them loaded up and ready to roll at all times, it helps you respond a bit faster.

Yeah the Caprice had a problem in the middle of it's life I was told. In high spped pursuits or car accidents it would destroy the car's fuel system and a fire or explosion would result.

And as for the unit packages. True, they are called out but I guess I was unclear. I'm talking about withen the station, the multiple select function is somewhat unreliable and will select units I don't want. I ment when you click on the remove roof button that you could call a unit or more then one unit out in a dispatch. Sorry, that was my bad.

Yeah if I remember correctly, normally the people exit bunched together if to release them at once. Unfortunately you do better to just try to avoid that by not sending out a ton of men at once, I'll grant it takes some time but if we were to make the men able to take up more space and separate themselves it would end up blocking parking spaces for vehicles and you would get a notification there are no vacant spaces.

Ensure that you don't have the entry point blocked for people too, if you block that off they won't be able to follow their script paths and you will have them stack up, unfortunately once again there is not much we can do about it since the fire station is mainly meant for parking more than for a rec room for the men.

Hope this helps you out.

mk

Like After you've had a few calls and the units get all clustered in the station (It takes forever to rearange them) And then the units just alll go togeter with the drag box method.

Like After you've had a few calls and the units get all clustered in the station (It takes forever to rearange them) And then the units just alll go togeter with the drag box method.

Ummmm... huh? Clustered units? Rearrange? First let me ask you have you played version 1.7 yet? Your previous post said you did not have FR ... so i'm wondering if your suggestions are based on something that has already been greatly changed and modified.

He just replied to a diff topic, he has EM3 version which is why we were confused:)

With the EM3 version we are not modifying that version anymore, so you just have to accept that as what it is.

This topic is for the EM4 Version of the mod (note the em4 in front of Suggestions/Ideas)

Ummmm... huh? Clustered units? Rearrange? First let me ask you have you played version 1.7 yet? Your previous post said you did not have FR ... so i'm wondering if your suggestions are based on something that has already been greatly changed and modified.

hey thank you to everyone who helps make this site a reality also by the way do you think it would be hard to add breathing masks for swat so they can go into chemical situations and assist in finding a terrist or keeping peice if there is a gas attack somewhere in the script. please if possible let me know if this makes sense cause i was wondering if this would even matter

Regards,

Jab16

I am unsure if we can add the mask through resistances (but I think so), I know we could add it to the model if we wanted to spend the time doing so. The problem with what you suggest honestly is, the Respiratory masks only protect your lungs, mouth, nose, and eyes, everything else tends to be fair game. Since most suits out there are not Biologically or Chemically protected, if there was a chemical in the area it would still drastically effect the officers. Probrably the suspect too, which is why you don't hear of many attacks where the suspect sticks around to watch. The Fire department has the superior protection for hazardous materials, for law enforcement it is more or less to protect against CS/Tear gas rather than chemicals or biological. Military personnel have pretty decent protection against the threat but I really don't know what necessity they have in the mod. The missions can be accomplished as they are currently, you just have to be careful, which is realistic for the scenarios as they are setup.

hey thank you to everyone who helps make this site a reality also by the way do you think it would be hard to add breathing masks for swat so they can go into chemical situations and assist in finding a terrist or keeping peice if there is a gas attack somewhere in the script. please if possible let me know if this makes sense cause i was wondering if this would even matter

Regards,

Jab16

Is it possible to have a PD cruiser follow a runaway car or suspect? So after you get like 5 cop cars on a runaway car he gives up, that would be fun, cause right now you have to keep clicking and it gets annoying, and the heli is to easy since alot of guys on high speed chases dont jump out when they see a helicopter.

Is it possible to have a PD cruiser follow a runaway car or suspect? So after you get like 5 cop cars on a runaway car he gives up, that would be fun, cause right now you have to keep clicking and it gets annoying, and the heli is to easy since alot of guys on high speed chases dont jump out when they see a helicopter.

No chases by police cars aren't possible. The cars would drive through buildings etc, they would not follow the roads.

Guest boabthefish

Hey i know this may be a little late but anyways, here is a ideo for hoppahs mode,

What about having an ems dispatch at the hospital like the fire dept for example, having mass casulty then ambulance then search and rescue and so on!

Just a suggestion

Boab the Fish

:):schreiben:

No chases by police cars aren't possible. The cars would drive through buildings etc, they would not follow the roads.

Its not possible for one car to just follow another? I wasn't thinking a full on chase and swerving but just they follow it.

In Freeplay, no this is not possible, in a mission if your vehicles are following a pre-defined path you can make them follow one another but in the open world of freeplay the path finding is actively done by the vehicles and the trailing vehicle just goes to the last position of the vehicle and stops instead of following it. (IE: the position it was on the map when you told it to follow it) We can't make the cars find an active path to the target, the helo script works differently and makes the cars become non-collision objects so they drive through everything directly to the target. We do not know a way to fix this and every attempt we've made has ended the same way.

Its not possible for one car to just follow another? I wasn't thinking a full on chase and swerving but just they follow it.

I appoligize if this has already been asked but what about a swat commander that can call any swat vehiclel from out of the map to a designated position in the freeplay map i just was not sure because you all said there would be no police sargent but i did not know if that meant swat too. any commints would be great

Regards,

Jab16

PS: christmas is tomorrow :laugh:

In all honesty, there is no need for a S.W.A.T. Commander either for the fact that really when you need swat you're sending either the vic or one of the apc's anyway to address the problem. Having another unit would just take more work to employ and it would not add a ton of new features to the mod. The reason the Fire/EMS have that option is because sometimes you have missions that are more involving and can require more assistance. With TEC and PD missions, they tend to be straightforward with the exception of the rioting/protesting people, they can require more assistance but we can't make more commands for the cops. Aside from that most the time it isnt too hard to just summon a car either.

I appoligize if this has already been asked but what about a swat commander that can call any swat vehiclel from out of the map to a designated position in the freeplay map i just was not sure because you all said there would be no police sargent but i did not know if that meant swat too. any commints would be great

Regards,

Jab16

PS: christmas is tomorrow :laugh:

I am pretty sure that with these scripts it is either one or the other. The Unit can either HEAL or Stabilize, not both.

Edit: Some posts have been cleaned out, nobody did anything wrong, just doing some cleaning:) The responses were kept to the suggestions wherever possible so that the ones not added to the list up front are still noted.

How about adding the ability to stabilize to the FF/PMs? I hate it when I heal somone fully with a PM and then when I go to transport them, they'll die if I don't use a chopper. It's annoying when I have to get a PM to heal them again.

Regards,

Jab16

The problem with this is the fact that, at this time, no unit is able to call an "Off Map" unit which is why you are unable to call for tow or engineer or any other off-map only unit.

How about adding the ability to stabilize to the FF/PMs? I hate it when I heal somone fully with a PM and then when I go to transport them, they'll die if I don't use a chopper. It's annoying when I have to get a PM to heal them again.

Can you give us some more information on your issue since I've never had any problem with patients dieing? If the patient is fully healed, you should be able to transport via any ambulance with or without a Paramedic inside and make it to the hospital with no problem. The only way I can imagine having an issue is if you stop treatment and leave the patient unattended for an extremely long period of time before transporting. Even with the patient just above the ambulance ok to transport limit, you can still make it the hospital from even the farthest corner of the maps via ambulance. Remember, just like in real life though you can't just abandon the patient for long periods of time and expect them to be ok. If you stop treatment and let the patient just lay there unattend on the ground for an extremely long amount of time, you are going to have issues. One of the great things about the new version is for those who are really bad off, you can have more then one medic team on them at once now and boost their health up faster.