MikeyPI

[EM4] Suggestions/Ideas Thread: (Revised)

Guest MonkeySquasher
yep, I think we need one of those mobile cranes with 10-20 axles, just so that I can set the record for the most axles piled onto this game.

Dammit you beat me to it! I was going to post a pic of one of those giant cranes you see at earth quarrys and such and say "Hey, I could use another crane to move crap around. This one has a ton of axles, can we make it??" lol

Yeah I was being smart, typically you'll never see them in america for whatever reason they are rare.... but same deal basically where they have like 10-15 axles all independently turn so the crane can maneuver in tight places.

like this?

http://www.tadanofaun.com/

(go to Product Line => ATF 360G-6)

Well America does usually have wider roads :P

Question, is there an intention of adding any vehicle/thing that will restore injured units, other than a paramedic, or something along his lines? or is like a health restore unit out of the question...

How hard would it be to make it so units can enter the hospital to heal, I think that would be pretty cool, don't you? Then if it could happen, only a script thing, no modeling is really required I wouldn't say. It would be good for those times when an officer is shot when trying to apprehend an armed suspect, they usually go to hospitals, and have something done about the hunk of lead in them, as you would... you go there, send them in, and they heal, when they heal completely, theycome out and either return to vehicle, like a really special command that will send a vehicle there, empty injured personnel, and return them when healed, or just stand by the door, or a certain spot, awaiting you to say, "get in Officer Timmy!"

So what do you think about that little brain wave... any good? or a no

what about adding a control panel at the police station (like the one at the fire station) to call police officers not the cars or maybe to call both and be able to send injured officers back in the police station

QUOTE (Ami89E1234 @ Jan 9 2009, 04:40 PM)

like this?

http://www.tadanofaun.com/

(go to Product Line => ATF 360G-6)

in my opinion this is great though i think there are enough cranes in the game right now, and so on this will take a massive amount of time to do and i think it´s unnecessary to waste time, it will be useful in sth else.

i know this might not like to everyone but what about erasing the LAPD,LASD, LAAP, LAPP Crown vic´s i mean they are great but there are too many of them and they haven´t got anything particularly useful they are just the same as the Dodges or the camaro,f.e. you can delete those even from the script CallPatrolCar so that the game purchases a Charger instead of the CV, but making a easy installable pack for those that like them ingame.

i like them but there are a lot of them and this makes the mod much heavier and longer time to load the exact same model 4 or 5 times just for a few changes.

What do you think ?

bye 

in my opinion this is great though i think there are enough cranes in the game right now, and so on this will take a massive amount of time to do and i think it´s unnecessary to waste time, it will be useful in sth else.

i know this might not like to everyone but what about erasing the LAPD,LASD, LAAP, LAPP Crown vic´s i mean they are great but there are too many of them and they haven´t got anything particularly useful they are just the same as the Dodges or the camaro,f.e. you can delete those even from the script CallPatrolCar so that the game purchases a Charger instead of the CV, but making a easy installable pack for those that like them ingame.

i like them but there are a lot of them and this makes the mod much heavier and longer time to load the exact same model 4 or 5 times just for a few changes.

What do you think ?

bye 

Not going to erase cars. Yes, they make the mod bigger and add more files to the mod. But they shouldn't cause lag or framedrops. Someone told me my mod loads much faster than the Winterberg mod, probably because almost all textures have been packed and compressed.

Most people won't like it if I delete a couple of CV's. The Ford Crown Victoria is still the most common pd car in LA, so I am not going to change the CallPatrolCar script. Use the CallPatrolCar command in combinations with the battalion chief or the ems captain to spawn a LAPD Dodge Charger. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to create submods for these small changes.

Hoppah

Aside from this, the similar models do not really horribly effect the load rate or lag issues. Be it a vic with a different Lightbar or Charger I believe the models come in fairly close to the same weight in poly count, the model is what hurts the most, the textures can cause problems but no matter what I've done on any computer you still can run the game fine. It is the QUANTITY of vehicles out on your map that cause lag and/or framedrops, not the fact that it's a specific vehicle with a few exceptions. If you can't guess which ones are the worst I won't be wasting my time pointing them out.

Not going to erase cars. Yes, they make the mod bigger and add more files to the mod. But they shouldn't cause lag or framedrops. Someone told me my mod loads much faster than the Winterberg mod, probably because almost all textures have been packed and compressed.

Most people won't like it if I delete a couple of CV's. The Ford Crown Victoria is still the most common pd car in LA, so I am not going to change the CallPatrolCar script. Use the CallPatrolCar command in combinations with the battalion chief or the ems captain to spawn a LAPD Dodge Charger. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to create submods for these small changes.

Hoppah

hey stop getting mad everyone hoppah and the mod team was nice enough to start this topic so be greatful and don't waste there time with this yelling :protest:

Who cares? :WTF:

Hy .... i need help with maps for all mode : i have only map for los angeles mode 1.7 map 1.2 and this map is boring and i hope that is some new map ..... can some give me link and tell me how to instal new maps for 1.7,1.8 la mode plss..... i only play cod4 mp but this game and this mode is so good and i need some new maps can you help me .............??????????????????

Note by PyroThijs: posting the same question once is more then enough!

W00d is making a new freeplay map, a release date is still unknown, but keep an eye on his subod topic and you'll be the first to know.

Edited by pyrothijs

You know, we know the uses of a vehicle, that is not an issue, finding a legitimate purpose to make the thing in the first place is what we do. We do not wish to waste our time creating things just because they are cool or serve purposes that are exactly the same as existing things, or add nothing really interesting into the game. The heavy rescue, in honesty was added to test the capability of the function, since as you can tell people are having problems with it (which we figured was going to happen) we don't pursue things that are that complicated. Not everyone here has great connections and great computers so we can't sit here and make rediculously complicated things left and right without ruining the modification for everyone other than the few that have the computers to run it well. Our goal is to keep this mod as friendly as possible to ALL users, so we choose things very specificially after weighing in on many different factors, factors most of these suggestions will never take into account, and you know what? That's fine, but don't assume that we can't think of things you guys do, occasionally someone comes up with a new idea that might actually add to the mod something interesting but most the time all it would add is a ton of headaches to the game that would pobrably cause 80% of the people to spend alot of quality time in Tech Support or Bug Reporting things that we can't fix without removing the vehicles/persons in question. Love it or leave it there is only so much we can do to this game and that limit is getting to be set in stone, due to many different factors. We already planned several missions but at this time we don't have that kind of time to pursue them, so we're doing the best we can to focus on what we feel is a priority. I am not trying to be rude or mean here, I am just trying to explain why we can't do half of what ya'll want.

:mad: I have a problem with the suggestion bashers, sometimes I think that the things you and Hoppah say are stupid but I don't flip out when you say them. If I want to suggest that you make a 18 wheeled USAR truck so be it. But don't sit there and tell someone there idea is bad just because you yourself did't like it. Just simply say it can't be done or you'll work on it noone is going to be mad if you can't do something but there is no need to publicly castrate the idea. WHY DO WE ALL PLAY THIS GAME? HUMMMM... BECAUSE WE THINK ITS COOL RIGHT? WOW! So then why is it such a crazy thing to add a vehicle because it "looks cool" isn't that the point. Its sad how many great ideas are shot down because 1 or 2 people think is stupid. The majority of people will keep there mouth shut just so they don't get bashed as well rather than agree with the "so called stupid idea". I sit and read these topics and posts and find some sweet ideas and think to my self wow that would be cool but that is only my opinion. Everyone on the forum has the right to their opinion. I have personally been belittled on more than one occasion and find it to be extremely disrespectful. But have to sit back and laugh at the same time because the same people dishing it out are the people sticking up for Hoppah and all the modders like they are better then everyone and can't ever be wrong cause they made the mod. Don't get me wrong I think the things the modders do are awesome I mean come on the LA Mod is better than the game that its based on! All of you guys/girls should be getting paid to do this as a matter of fact if you figure out a way to sell it I would buy it! Hoppah you are the man but sometimes people forget that this is a "Fan Forum". So to conclude my rant here you may not want to be rude or mean but you are in fact extremely disrespectful. :excl:

:mad: I have a problem with the suggestion bashers, sometimes I think that the things you and Hoppah say are stupid but I don't flip out when you say them. If I want to suggest that you make a 18 wheeled USAR truck so be it. But don't sit there and tell someone there idea is bad just because you yourself did't like it. Just simply say it can't be done or you'll work on it noone is going to be mad if you can't do something but there is no need to publicly castrate the idea. WHY DO WE ALL PLAY THIS GAME? HUMMMM... BECAUSE WE THINK ITS COOL RIGHT? WOW! So then why is it such a crazy thing to add a vehicle because it "looks cool" isn't that the point. Its sad how many great ideas are shot down because 1 or 2 people think is stupid. The majority of people will keep there mouth shut just so they don't get bashed as well rather than agree with the "so called stupid idea". I sit and read these topics and posts and find some sweet ideas and think to my self wow that would be cool but that is only my opinion. Everyone on the forum has the right to their opinion. I have personally been belittled on more than one occasion and find it to be extremely disrespectful. But have to sit back and laugh at the same time because the same people dishing it out are the people sticking up for Hoppah and all the modders like they are better then everyone and can't ever be wrong cause they made the mod. Don't get me wrong I think the things the modders do are awesome I mean come on the LA Mod is better than the game that its based on! All of you guys/girls should be getting paid to do this as a matter of fact if you figure out a way to sell it I would buy it! Hoppah you are the man but sometimes people forget that this is a "Fan Forum". So to conclude my rant here you may not want to be rude or mean but you are in fact extremely disrespectful. :excl:

First of all if the 6 wheel USAR/Heavy Truck was so crapy, why would every big city use it INCLUDING LA. Also you all need to stop being unrealistic, it does not have 20 axels or 18 wheels or what ever other number you all want to come up with. It is a nicer looking truck. Topic Closed, nothing else about it unless Hoppah wants to add it when he is drunk. I agree with FFEMTNecker about jumping down everyones throat, I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that. Right on bro, You said it right!!!!

Mike

Obviously you all missed the point of the post, but I expected no less. As I've said in that post the objective is to keep functionality available to all users, not just the few that have great computers. We could sit here and add 200 different vehicles, but really what would happen? Single Player and Online play for about 80% of users would suffer, take the time to look at the bug/error reporting and you'll notice as we make the mod more complicated people have more lag related problems. THAT is why most ideas get shot down, not because we feel they are stupid, but because simply put we are not the people that made the game and we can only do so much with it.

That being said, you know what? Perhaps we should just shut this topic again since you two seem to feel that we should not answer anything about your requests, that's cool. It will save us a great deal of time trying to explain why we don't or can't do what you want, so thanks for giving me your input guys, we'll just do that.

First of all if the 6 wheel USAR/Heavy Truck was so crapy, why would every big city use it INCLUDING LA. Also you all need to stop being unrealistic, it does not have 20 axels or 18 wheels or what ever other number you all want to come up with. It is a nicer looking truck. Topic Closed, nothing else about it unless Hoppah wants to add it when he is drunk. I agree with FFEMTNecker about jumping down everyones throat, I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that. Right on bro, You said it right!!!!

Mike

We're not really bashing people. We're just turning the majority of the posted suggestions down. Why?

Because we have several reasons for almost every suggestion to not add it to the mod.

If you read the first and second post of this topic you'll see a lot of suggestions which simply can't be realized.

MikeyPI might be a bit harsh sometimes, but he did respond to almost every suggestion. Instead of simple saying 'no', he actually posted the reasons as well.

As some of you know, I don't work 24/7 on the mod, so I am NOT going to spend my time on things that need to be added just because they're COOL.

And:

If you all wait a few weeks, I am going to post a nice surprise. :)