ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

Hi all,

I have just received the files for AMR Private Ambulance and personnel to add to the submod (thanks to billyfromhill) - AMR Ambulance skin kindly provided by MCERT1 with billyfromhill editing the personnel. Once again, with Hoppahs kind permission this can be added. Depending on the interest of forum members, this can be added to the v1.8 submod with all the other changes, or it can be released as a seperate file. What would you guys (and gals) prefer ?

hi shane, if i install these will i be able to play online multiplayer or will the other person also have to have these installed?

Hi zootoo63,

You could only play online if the other members of the game have exactly the same files as you. So if you have a clean install of Los Angeles Mod v1.8 and add a specific submod (all players have to do the same), then you should not have any problems playing multiplayer online.

Thats great to hear Shane. I'm not a big fan of having 4 engines in Station 1, but I'm sure I could edit that out manually in my own script.

Hi Madman,

Perhaps I will release the submod with a fully staffed station then add a seperate file with a copy of the startfirestation script without the vehicles in the rear bays of Station 1.

Take care

Shane

Hi Madman,

Perhaps I will release the submod with a fully staffed station then add a seperate file with a copy of the startfirestation script without the vehicles in the rear bays of Station 1.

Take care

Shane

That would be much appreciated!

Oh, I vote for a patch for the AMR vehicles - I don't think I would use them much personally.

The question is do you want the AMR rig included with the rest of the units, or do you want it as a seperate download?

BTW the standby commands are not assigned and will not work with the AMR ambulance. The vehicle can patrol however. There is also a slight bug with the AMR rig when it goes to the hospital. After the EMTs get back in the vehicle, a message scroll across the top of the screen that says "this vehicle does not belong in the fire station" and then the ambulance just sits there. You have to tell it to move somewhere or send on patrol or else it will sit at the hospital and block other RAs.

Hey Shane and everybody else,

I'm in the process of editing a new version of the AMR skin and will release it to you guys as soon as it is done. I've also asked permission from Hoppah to share some other vehicles I've created for a sub mod. So, pending his approval, would you guys like to join forces of some sort. The other vehicles are all miscellaneous units from around LA, so we could just create like a separate download with all of them if I'm allowed to release them. I'll provide support for my models and scripts. Let me know what you think.

I looked at your preview of 1.8, and saw that you used a battalion chief car for the EMS Captain (They have "EMS" written on the rear side windows). Would it be possible to use the EMS Captain Crown Vic instead, or available instead of the ones in the screenshot?

P.S: Looking forward to the AMR ambulance.

Hey Shane and everybody else,

I'm in the process of editing a new version of the AMR skin and will release it to you guys as soon as it is done. I've also asked permission from Hoppah to share some other vehicles I've created for a sub mod. So, pending his approval, would you guys like to join forces of some sort. The other vehicles are all miscellaneous units from around LA, so we could just create like a separate download with all of them if I'm allowed to release them. I'll provide support for my models and scripts. Let me know what you think.

Sounds good. Keep me posted.

Take care

Shane

I looked at your preview of 1.8, and saw that you used a battalion chief car for the EMS Captain (They have "EMS" written on the rear side windows). Would it be possible to use the EMS Captain Crown Vic instead, or available instead of the ones in the screenshot?

P.S: Looking forward to the AMR ambulance.

Depending on demand, I could release version with original crown vic ems seperately, otherwise I can talk you through which files to remove before copying the changes to your LA mod folder. Either way, it can be done.

So far with the interest generated for the AMR Ambulance, it looks like it will be added as part of the complete package.

Take care

Shane

Is the only difference between the EMS Supervisor and the Battalion Chief the writing on the side?

It would be nice if they were a little bit different just to make it easier in game and to also add some variety. You could do something as simple as switching light bars to make them different. (just a suggestion)

i think that if your goin to use the lafd battalion truck as a ems supervisor that, that would just get confusing and i think that i would hate it. maybe use a ambulance(white & red) style skin redo of it. even though it wont be real in real life it would be sick

@Shane and billy

I'll keep you guys posted on everything since Hoppah is out sick it may take a little while to hear from him.

The AMR fix will be really easy to implement, It'll just involve swapping out the .v3o fro the ambulances body.

Depending on demand, I could release version with original crown vic ems seperately, otherwise I can talk you through which files to remove before copying the changes to your LA mod folder. Either way, it can be done.

So far with the interest generated for the AMR Ambulance, it looks like it will be added as part of the complete package.

Take care

Shane

Love the AMR idea would be cool should look like this http://www.aev.com/scv2/. As far as the EMS car maybe you could do one vic and one suv but a color change would be sweet red and white or something but would be nice if it looked a little less like the fire BC vehicle.

Love the AMR idea would be cool should look like this http://www.aev.com/scv2/. As far as the EMS car maybe you could do one vic and one suv but a color change would be sweet red and white or something but would be nice if it looked a little less like the fire BC vehicle.

Hi all,

I think at this stage it might be best to go back to the crown vic EMS car. This will avoid the confusion and we can always change it later. I am not to keen at this stage to change the colour scheme to something that is not accurate, but am still open to suggestions. I will put both EMS 1 and EMS 2 in as crown vics, at this stage and we can go from there.

Take care

Shane

Not to beat a dead horse but if you check out Mikes Photos there is ems SUV's in la county and there white.

I will have a look and take it from there, no promises at this stage.

Good News!

I have permission from Hoppah to release some other models. Hopefully I can get them ready real soon.

Great news, looking forward to seeing your work. :12:

Take care

Shane

Hi all,

Sorry I have been quiet for the last week or more, but I have been away from the technology of the internet. (How we miss it when it is not there!)

A liitle update on the 1.8 version of the submod.

I have completed all the units in the submod - the list is getting longer all the time. The current unit additions are shown below;

post-754-1232536113_thumb.jpg - Police

post-754-1232536176_thumb.jpg - Fire

post-754-1232536217_thumb.jpg - Ambulance

I have a few glitches that I need to work out of the Firestation scripts / Battalion Chief script, before all is ready but screenshots below will show the Firestation staffing if I manage to get it all working - I am about 90% done.

(Remeber the 80/20 rule: 80% of the job takes 20% of the time, it's the final 20% that takes 80% of the time!)

post-754-1232536447_thumb.jpg - Fire Station 1 staffing

post-754-1232536474_thumb.jpg - Fire Station 2 staffing

Take care

Shane

Where's AMR Ambulance? and LAPD cruisers 007,008,009 :mellow::D

Hi me two,

The AMR ambulance may not be far away. We are just ironing out some issues but will keep you posted.

LAPD cruisers 007, 008, 009, 011, 012, 013, are at the workshops being serviced :police:

Take care

Shane