Newfoundking

Guess the Emergency Vehicle Challenge

Greater Manchester Police firearms unit? In well England/Wales, Greater Manchester

It's like a SWAT team vehicle, well sorta. It's basically armed response, since regular cops don't carry in England, because they're not so gun happy over there

Well done, I figured it'd be easy.

Yeah I chose this because one rolled through my small village doing about 70 going code 3, scared the be-jesus out of us all. Turns out some smack head had a kid hostage with a rifle (air-rifle, because y'know we wouldn't be daft enough to hand out real guns :holdglass: ). So yeah these guys turn up and bust down doors and all that jazz.

Manchester Armed Response Unit, Greater Manchester Police, UK

x

Greater Manchester Police firearms unit? In well England/Wales, Greater Manchester

It's like a SWAT team vehicle, well sorta. It's basically armed response, since regular cops don't carry in England, because they're not so gun happy over there

Britain Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland are there too lol

Britain Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland are there too lol

Yes, but I think he meant specifically England/Wales area, which was correct and is slightly different to Scotland, in markings and vehicles.

And extremely different to Ireland, which looks more like tanks than Police vehicles haha!

x

Yes, but I think he meant specifically England/Wales area, which was correct and is slightly different to Scotland, in markings and vehicles.

And extremely different to Ireland, which looks more like tanks than Police vehicles haha!

x

haha lol agree with you there and the markings are not that different every scottish service uses battenburg but yea i see your point

Yeah, simple one, based at the Dudley Make Ready Hub (Dudley Ambulance Station) took the photo while I was on work experience there.

what did you do on work experience then? cause you wouldn't be able to go on calls etc i wouldn't expect but then you are a first aider right?

It was like an introduction about WMAS, we had talks from Health and Safety (Which was actually quite fun to say the least) the Emergency Operations Center (Got to see live calls coming in on the CAD), the Major Incident Preparedness Team, a Community First Responder, a Paramedic Practitioner, Steve Cooper from the bike response unit (from emergency bikers) also had a visit from HART (but then they got called away to the suspected bomb incident on the M6 Toll a while back :P) a visit to the Midlands Air Ambulance (But that was also out on call -.-) and alot of free teas from the standby/staff/rest room :P

Ps; If anyone is looking to do work experience with WMAS and lives in the West Midlands area, drop me a PM.

I would like who owns this and for what purpose:

vanh.jpg

As a BONUS and a point of intrigue, in other words worth nothing but I thought the guys on this thread were best to ask, I saw these a few months back, I have never seen any other images of them or heard of them before - any guesses. (Basically, I was going to post these but I couldn't find any pictures other than mine - so it would have been mean and against the rules. I do know what they're for, I'm just intrigued as to who else does)

pict0722.jpg

Cheers guys :)

The OC-D

Ah, they must have liveried them up post Olympics - someone's identified them as HART as well, but they don't know their purpose.. :D They followed the Olympic convoy about 15 minutes after it passed, I was on with St John and a colleague knew the driver - they contain Mass Casualty equipment, each can deal with 50-100 casualties, cool stuff.

Cheers for that, this is the first time I've posted the pics, I'd forgot I'd got a good shot of the number plate :D

The OC-D

That's an Israeli Bomb Disposal Unit. I recognized the writing on the back as Hebrew, and the logo as the universal EOD symbol apparently. A google search then lead me to discover that this matched the Israeli Police EOD's unit. I don't know where in Israel it is based, but I know this much