Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Just to leave my thoughts on this whole copyright things, I think it is rather stupid because, as Mikey said, they may well have got permission for some, if not all the items they used had they have just asked :mad22: .

I would have let people use the mission script I created for the England Mod, but I am not going to anymore :( , its going to be closed and copyrighted to prevent any of this.

@ Hoppah: Go as far as you need to to drill into peoples' brains that they just can't take stuff like that and expect to get away with it :police::mug: .

Regards

James

Guest bajuszati
LA MOD v1.8 NEWS!

Finally some news! :D

I made a fully working LAFD heavy rescue truck.

Because of my work it took me 8 weeks to build the thing, but the result is absolutely worth it!

Screenshots:

crane02cu6.th.jpgcrane01cr5.th.jpgcrane03cd2.th.jpg

Ingame screenshots:

em4deluxe20081116135527iq8.th.jpgem4deluxe20081116135540od6.th.jpg

Photo of the real thing: LAFD Heavy Rescue

The supports are animated and the vehicle can transport 2 firefighters.

The whole truck has 4 textures and 6.503 polygons (including 3 doors, 6 wheels and the superstructures).

Thanks to Voodoo_Operator for the cabin. :)

Hoppah

Congratulation Hoppah, very good work.

Is the heavy rescue's boom able to rotate 360 degrees?

What equipment will the heavy rescue carry?

The boom currently can swing 360 but on the real vehicle I believe it is restricted to about 180..

The equiptment currently carried is the fire ext. the saw the axe etc.. all things you might need. I do not know if the jaws are on it (though they should probrably be).

man hoppah im sorry to hear bout your script going down like that... i went on the site to find it and i think they changed it cause i couldnt find the pictures... of course i cant read the language but yea... tell you the truth i dont know what you should do... anything now would sound reasonable but all in all... well it doesnt matter what i say anyway hoppah and mikePI i hope you guys keep up the good work and if anything... have them burn in hell.. lol well i said my peace... have fun!

The boom currently can swing 360 but on the real vehicle I believe it is restricted to about 180..

The equiptment currently carried is the fire ext. the saw the axe etc.. all things you might need. I do not know if the jaws are on it (though they should probrably be).

Is there any way to limit it to 180 or no?

As for the equipment I'll ask Mike.

are you planning to keep it as a crane or make it a tow?

because FAUN is a German crane manufacturer that makes a crane EXACTLY like the one ingame, which im assuming 16T based it off of

You really think LAFD calls out the heavy rescue everytime they need a tow?

One option might be to have to heavy rescue able to tow, but the "go to HQ" command be removed when it is towing something.

I am pretty sure this truck is not a Tow Truck in the normal sense, I believe it's purpose is mostly to recover overturned large vehicles like 18 Wheelers or busses and the like that have ended up in ditches or tipped over. I am not even sure if this one (the one modeled for the game) has the ability to physically safely tow a vehicle down the road, it looks as though from the pictures I saw of the exact one in the game it is designed to retrieve only. This is not to say that others could not possibly tow, but at the end of the day the only way that this thing could tow a vehicle would be in a scripted event in a mission anyway, not in freeplay.

I am uncertain if the rotation can be restricted, or if it would be worth doing since the game has trouble placing large vehicles properly to do what they are supposed to (see ladder truck for a great example). If it were restricted, it is possible that the 180 degree limit would make it virtually impossible to get the vehicle in position to retrieve what you were aiming for. Anyone who has ever tried to make a vehicle park properly into a space in this game understands what I mean by the fact that the vehicles do not cooperate with you in which direction they drive or what angle they decide to stop at. For that reason alone I question the validity of making a restricted axis of rotation.

are you planning to keep it as a crane or make it a tow?

because FAUN is a German crane manufacturer that makes a crane EXACTLY like the one ingame, which im assuming 16T based it off of

I made it yellow 2 years ago, because the model just sucks and it was too much work to make a new one (until now). I didn't care about the texture.

But the yellow crane will stay in the mod.

You really think LAFD calls out the heavy rescue everytime they need a tow?

One option might be to have to heavy rescue able to tow, but the "go to HQ" command be removed when it is towing something.

You can't combine 2 vehicle types and MikeyPI is right about the 180 degree limit. It should work in theory (the PSG-1 also has a limited angle), but I don't think it's practical.

You should paint it in the same color scheme as the pontoon bridge vehicle, or just a dark green. I'm sure the National Guard uses cranes.

That could work, I found this one on the LA CERT web page.

post-942-1227112854.jpg

As for the heavy rescue. excellent job, I'm glad to see it in game.

- I know from photos the boom rotates at least slightly more than 180, probably not 360 though. (even if it did you wouldn't want to put it in a position with the boom forward too often.)

-It also carries extrication equipment, and is not tied into the maitenance division...So it doesn't repair trucks

The City of LA has maintained heavy duty vehicles like this since after World War II. It's purpose is not to tow, but to lift. In a lot of metropolitan areas it can take extended periods of time( two to three hours) to get a heavy duty tow truck on scene to clear acccidents. This allows them to efficently clear a scene until tow companies can arrive, and prevent more traffice issues. It is also proven useful for USAR activities since it is more crane than tow truck.

Guest firemanzac

At one time, it was called "Heavy Utility 56" I believe. Its primary purpose is not to tow broke down fire trucks (thats what the City Maintence Shop is for). It was and probally still is, special called called on major rescue incidents (Pile ups, Big rig rescues, over the cliff/hills, Building Collapses, Trench Rescue's etc. You probally wont find it dispatched to your average cut job. In the game, it could easilly replace the Crane that is there since really the olny time the crane is dispatched is for the over the bridges or such. It Shouldnt replace the USAR/Heavy Rescue Squad as they have different functions.

What would be neat is if in 1.8, a new mission might be for a Building Collapse where you get to use the Heavy Rescue and USAR Squad, perhaps in the aftermath of an earthquake where there are also buildings on fire and perhaps panicing civilians rioting (basically, Mass Chaos). Just something different other than the car over the bridge call.

ummm... just an update, I am getting 403 forbidden on the link to the site for the HR pic on hoppahs post (both original and news page)

Thought I'd let you know so you can remove it, or fix it before you get the hundreds of _____(couldn't think of a word that wouldn't get me banned :P jk ) complaining

ummm... just an update, I am getting 403 forbidden on the link to the site for the HR pic on hoppahs post (both original and news page)

Thought I'd let you know so you can remove it, or fix it before you get the hundreds of _____(couldn't think of a word that wouldn't get me banned :P jk ) complaining

It was like that since day one.