Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Great job on 1.7 hoppah, really great job. Out of total curiosity do you have plans for 1.8? Lol I seem like a tard asking but I'm just curious.

Ofcourse I have plans for v1.8.

I'm already working on something actually. Will release more information when that is done. :)

Question if you don't mind?

Why In 1.7 the Ambulance can carry one hurt person? I was told by many times by EMTs in my area that they can carry 2 hurt people in a ambulance if needed.

Sorry if someone ask this quest before? I like it when I can carry 2 hurt people.

In my experience around the Southern California area, the ambulances only transport one victim on a stretcher and sometimes one more that is able to sit up on the bench seat in the back. I haven't seen many ambulances that have the room for two victims on stretchers and still have room for the EMT's to move around and provide care.

Ambulance_5.jpg

Image from WikiPedia

-d

Guest Pyroman93
Question if you don't mind?

Why In 1.7 the Ambulance can carry one hurt person? I was told by many times by EMTs in my area that they can carry 2 hurt people in a ambulance if needed.

Sorry if someone ask this quest before? I like it when I can carry 2 hurt people.

In my experience around the Southern California area, the ambulances only transport one victim on a stretcher and sometimes one more that is able to sit up on the bench seat in the back. I haven't seen many ambulances that have the room for two victims on stretchers and still have room for the EMT's to move around and provide care.

most ambulances can carry 1 on the gurney and an additional patient on a back board on the bench seat.

if they dont have to be on a back board then obviously they can sit up (can usually sit 3 depending on the ambulance)

so yes if there is a need they can carry 2 patients.

thats nothing though, wayyyyy back in the day they used to be able to carry atleast 4 on back boards in the back of the ambulance. They would hang 2 back boards, 1 over the bench seat and 1 over the gurney. of course that practice has been stopped though.

enjoy your edumacation :D haha

that and realism, not very often ambulances bunk up... every now and then they might though, because of lack of ambulances due to events(99.9% of the time major emergencies) but other than that, it rarely ever happens

Now here are two Ambulances and one is like the size of a fire engine and the other the regular size called the box in the early days. I believe that the big one has 2 stretchers.

Now here are two Ambulances and one is like the size of a fire engine and the other the regular size called the box in the early days. I believe that the big one has 2 stretchers.

post-2116-1225138452.jpg

post-2116-1225138497.jpg

Guest Pyroman93
that and realism, not very often ambulances bunk up... every now and then they might though, because of lack of ambulances due to events(99.9% of the time major emergencies) but other than that, it rarely ever happens

not entirely true that it rarely happens outside of major events.

it depends on the circumstances and the area, like around my area its quite common depending on the circumstance around the call.

for example if you have a minor TC and you have 2 patients who need to go to the ER but aren't critical why call for an additional medic unit, using up another resource when the medic unit on scene can take both.

thats most common the reason around here.

but like i said its the circumstances and area.

The "boxes" look the same size though. You'd have to give up some serious room inside of an ambulance in today's world to get a second patient in a rig, since there is so much storage and equipment in them.

-d

The "boxes" look the same size though. You'd have to give up some serious room inside of an ambulance in today's world to get a second patient in a rig, since there is so much storage and equipment in them.

-d

not necessarily, ambulances can be made so the back of the bench seat can fold down and another stretcher can be mounted on the back of the back of the bench.

for example if you have a minor TC and you have 2 patients who need to go to the ER but aren't critical why call for an additional medic unit, using up another resource when the medic unit on scene can take both.
If you're carrying two boards and two scoops...

Honestly, I should be more clear on the question....

Ambulances that can carry two patients in LAFD...

1. Do the LAFD have a mix of Ambulances that are Squads or Units?

Because Squads are bigger than a Units.

Also the Squads habe more storage area.

2. The layout of the Transport Bay?

Depending what layout the Bay's design. If it can carry Two patients because of design.

Someone need a picture of the inside of the LAFD's Ambulance Transport Bay.

3. The Type of Ambulance... I'm talking about is the BLS and the ALS Ambulance that in the Mod.

The LAFD Ambulance looks like the same Ambulance Type used in my area. I know most of them can carry 2 stretchers inside with a bench and storage not moved. Yet the bench still can be moved.

The picture that was show early.... What Type of Ambulance is it?

Also we are not talking about other types and that other type do not need to be talked about... at this time.

If you are suggesting a other type of Ambulance? Please wait till the new "Central suggestions/ideas topic" is online again.

To add there are not only 2 sizes of Ambulances... There like more than 5 sizes for sure...

*To solve for the Answer to my quest is that we need a picture of a LAFD Ambulance's insides and if the are equip to carry two patients on stretchers or not?*

Ok everyone, this is getting out of hand, since it semi-applies to the game, in as much as the question of, "Do LAFD Rescue Ambulances carry 1 or 2 patients", let me put in the final word here and we can all get on with our lives.

The simple answer is 1 patient to 1 ambulance (ALS or BLS)

Now for detailed answers:

Honestly, I should be more clear on the question....

Ambulances that can carry two patients in LAFD...

1. Do the LAFD have a mix of Ambulances that are Squads or Units?

Because Squads are bigger than a Units.

Also the Squads habe more storage area.

I have no idea where you are getting your terminology from, but I think I can grasp your question.

A little bit of info for those unfamiliar with American ambulance types. There are, essentially, 3 types of ambulance designations in the US.

Type I - Coventional Cab chasis with modular ambulance body. Basically, the box in the back is a module and there is no pass through/connection between the cab and the patient compartment. (not seen in game)

Type II - Standard van conversion with integrated cab and patient treatment area.

Type III - These combine the features of Type I and II and are what LAFD uses. These are the standard box ambulances with an integrated cab/body. LAFD Rescue Ambulances carry either BLS or ALS equipment depending on their function. Also each one carrys the SCBA and turnouts for the Men and Women staffing it, and some basic things like bolt cutters. No jaws, no blowers, no hoses, or anything like that.

Now I say essentially three types, because there are also two others I'll throw into the mix because someone is bound to throw their 2 cents in just cause they can. The medium-duty/heavy duty ambulance are the larger freightliner style pictured above. Two departments that I've worked with 1st hand that have them are Burbank FD, and Huntington Beach FD. These are considered Type 1s if they are modular, or some companies are calling them Type V if they are integrated. Another type of Type V are the Fire Engine (pumper) ambulances springing up here and there. These are standard Fire engines and look the same from the outside, but can carry a single stretcher as well in very cramped quarters. You can google transport engine or transport pumper if you're curious. These are NOT used by LAFD.

2. The layout of the Transport Bay?

Depending what layout the Bay's design. If it can carry Two patients because of design.

Someone need a picture of the inside of the LAFD's Ambulance Transport Bay.

LAFD-R98-007.jpg

This is RA98's old white box

LAFD-RA88-004.jpg

RA88's

LAFD-RA107-007a.jpg

RA107s new rig

3. The Type of Ambulance... I'm talking about is the BLS and the ALS Ambulance that in the Mod.

The LAFD Ambulance looks like the same Ambulance Type used in my area. I know most of them can carry 2 stretchers inside with a bench and storage not moved. Yet the bench still can be moved.

As you can see in the pictures above, there is NO room, nor any mounting equipment, for a 2nd stretcher at all. Standard Operating Procedures and Dept rules are very strict regarding multiple patient transport which I'll detail below.

The picture that was show early.... What Type of Ambulance is it?

Type 1 or 5 Medium/Heavy duty.

Also we are not talking about other types and that other type do not need to be talked about... at this time.

If you are suggesting a other type of Ambulance? Please wait till the new "Central suggestions/ideas topic" is online again.

To add there are not only 2 sizes of Ambulances... There like more than 5 sizes for sure...

See above.

*To solve for the Answer to my quest is that we need a picture of a LAFD Ambulance's insides and if the are equip to carry two patients on stretchers or not?*

LAFD rules are very specific regarding multiple transports in 1 rig and the basic rule is NO. The minor/rare exceptions are if the 2nd patient is very very minor and the 1st patient doesn't require much intervention. If the 2nd patient has a splint or anything requiring vitals, or due to the mechanism of injury appears fine but might have a delayed reaction, the 2nd patient is going in a 2nd box. It's really almost never that you find 2 patients in a rig, even with children.

Someone mentioned disasters, well we just recently had one as most of you know. The Metrolink disaster resulted in 135 patients transported. Help was requested from CARE ambulance, AMR, and other private companies, but the result was the same, 1 patient per box.

With a seriously injured patient, you are going to have no less then 2 people, even 3+ at times working a patient. With a minor or moderate injury, you still have vitals that have to be taken enroute in addition to the base vitals, and everything else going on with that patient, its too much to handle with a 2nd, even if that person is just minorly injured. Another stretcher or backboard/c-spined patient is definitely out of the question beyond any shadow of a doubt.

How does this relate to the game? Well it's quite simple actually, the game does not have a "walking wounded"/minorly injured patient in it which would be the only type that could conceivably be allowed to ride as a 2nd patient. Therefore you have just 1 patient per ambulance.

Mike

is the, cough cough "Vintage" ambulance a BLS ambo? cause i kinda think it should be. but whatever, makes it easier only having one BLS instead of 2.

Before the LAFD went to the type III box style, they used the type II van style for ALS and BLS ambulances. For those who feel nostalgic and requested it and use it, this gives them their ALS ambulance from that era.

i like it alot better with only one patient in the ambu's cuz i would never use the 2nd stretcher in 1.6 . its just much easier also when u only need the 1 stretcher and paramedic. so when u call them out using the button it does not send that excess stretcher. leave it the way it is plz. it works fine as it is.

it never sent out a second stretcher :gruebel:

but i really did like being able to transport 2 ppl, made it MUCH easier and cheaper.

i mean in 1.6, it would send out 2 stetchers and a paramedic if you supplied the ambo with the extra stretcher. but now its perfect