Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Got an update too. :)

Made a new LED lightbar (Federal Signal Arjent) for the LAPD and LASD Patrol car. It will replace the old lightbar.

Screenshots:

crownvicarjentek9.th.jpg

crownvicarjent2oy5.th.jpg

crownvicarjent3fi6.th.jpg

Photo's and video (thanks to MikesPhotos):

LAPD-Arjent-012.jpg

LAPD Arjent

LASD-LAVC-003a.jpg

LASD Arjent

LASD Arjent video (note steady burn red/blues, flashing take downs (clear center lights) and flashing alley lights.)

Hoppah

Right, it looks like a big piece of candy... First time I saw it, I thought that was a joke...

But we will get used to it - not every car can be a CHiPs Dodge Cruiser ;)

Nontheless, good work Hoppah :)

It's a new lightbar, just like the Whelen edge lowpro, you'll get used to it, and I am pretty sure he is not going to drop it on every car as they do not currently all have the thing yet... when they do he probrably will.

i'd adjust the size a little bit Hoppah, it looks too big to me... I think once its scaled down a bit it will be fine. By adjust size, i mean from top view... The distance between the front edge of the lightbar and the back edge is a bit too big, if you make it a bit shorter distance, you will get that arjent size just right... If u have question you can ask me by IM and I can explain it better... another way to say it, make it less wide... The width betwwen the edges towards the front of car and rear. I think the "side width" is fine.

Got an update too. :)

Made a new LED lightbar (Federal Signal Arjent) for the LAPD and LASD Patrol car. It will replace the old lightbar.

Screenshots:

crownvicarjentek9.th.jpg

crownvicarjent2oy5.th.jpg

crownvicarjent3fi6.th.jpg

Photo's and video (thanks to MikesPhotos):

Hoppah

hey is there a way to make it smaller? i mean for the light bar... make it little smaller... doesnt look like a police car DUB addition. ROFL!! but i like the idea.. great job man!

hi there

iam from holland and i love the firefighters of america my nefju has deid on 11 september with the twingtowers he was also a fire fighter there in newyork but wy i am here for maby de ladder wagon is beutiful but maybe this one wil be better

Pierce Quantum Heavy-Duty 100’ Tiller

Delivered to: City of Kent Fire Department, Washington

Delivered: March 2007

Model: 18413

kent_18413_sign.jpg

website

Guest ranger211

like ive said before...im personally a whelen liberty kinda guy :-) BUT good job on the model! i cant really seem to pin down what is making it look odd to me... i dont really think its too big... so it might be the darkness of the red and blue top...maybe drawing too much attention away for the cruiser? maybe post some pictures from ingame usage (day, night, topdown, side, angle) or a short Youtube of the lights in action will help me figure it out.

It is a pancacked Vista lightbar, so it will look funny because the dimensions are not the same as it's bretheren all the way around.... It makes it appear "off" I believe it to be slightly off but I do not know if I agree with ya'll on revamping the whole thing is needed because of it. I have compared the real bar to the model already and there are slight size faults but nothing severe.... You are probrably used to the Vista which is alot taller (makes the dimensions look better) compared to the pancake.

Hoppah,

I'd like to make a suggestion or a request for your next mod or mod version 1.5.1 etc... I think it would be cool to have a private ambulance service in the game. I was thinking AMR as they are all over the country and I'm sure are in LA too. Although I'm guessing they don't cover any emergency calls in LA I'm sure their ambualnces are still operating throughout the city. Maybe Mike can help us with this. My idea would be that you could just reuse your current red and white van ambulance which is currently not used by LAFD and reskin it as an AMR rig. This way we can reuse a great looking ambulance without clutering the game with another unit. Your thoughts?

I've included a few sample links of AMR rigs. This is just a thought.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southerncalifornian/44096248/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21059248@N06/2127886843/

http://www.baldyviewemtprogram.com/sitebui...ictures/AMR.JPG

***These are not my pics, just using them as examples***

P.S. I forgot who brought it up, but I loved the idea of having a storage lot in freeplay mode with older reserve engines, ambulances etc...

Guest ranger211
It is a pancacked Vista lightbar, so it will look funny because the dimensions are not the same as it's bretheren all the way around.... It makes it appear "off" I believe it to be slightly off but I do not know if I agree with ya'll on revamping the whole thing is needed because of it. I have compared the real bar to the model already and there are slight size faults but nothing severe.... You are probrably used to the Vista which is alot taller (makes the dimensions look better) compared to the pancake.

like i said, i think viewing it in an ingame environment will clearly show how it looks. hoppahs gotta test it ingame anyway so its not really going out of his way to post a few screens :-)

EDIT: Plus, you wont be looking at it with that close up of a zoom ingame, which should make it look smaller.

Precisely... The editor distorts things fairly bad, what may appear proper in the editor can quickly become distored once in the game (common with all "perspective" based editors).. I have made vehicles in the past where I attempted to use the editor alone to guesstimate the dimensions only to fail miserably due to the perspective elongating the vehicle, making it look stubby, you name it. The dimensions may be slightly off but I do not believe it to be a critical issue, though he'll know once he dumps it in and views it under normal conditions. El~Vista and Arjent share alotta traits, to me both of them look off compared to the norm but they are what they are, the Arjent looks more peculiar due to the flattened top.

like i said, i think viewing it in an ingame environment will clearly show how it looks. hoppahs gotta test it ingame anyway so its not really going out of his way to post a few screens :-)

EDIT: Plus, you wont be looking at it with that close up of a zoom ingame, which should make it look smaller.

I think it looks odd because of the oval shape.

The oval shape is made after this .pdf file.

It shows some drawings of the Arjent lightbar.

FedSig Arjent: Product Literature

My Arjent Lightbar model has the EXACT same shape.

The colors are perfect in my opinion, and I don't think thing it's too big compared with Patrol Car.

Guest CrazyLion425

I personally love the new light bar. its great, I dont think its to big and as many people are stating, LED lights are the way emergency services are going. In the greater Chicago area, everyone, Local, State, feds, all are starting to use the new light bars. I haven't seen any of that style but this is what they are doing in chicago:

post-760-1204398019_thumb.jpg (not my picture)

So as you can see new int he forground, and old in the background.

EDIT: I dont know why but the preview picture isn't working, if you click on the picture that does work. Thanks

Guest ranger211
I personally love the new light bar. its great, I dont think its to big and as many people are stating, LED lights are the way emergency services are going. In the greater Chicago area, everyone, Local, State, feds, all are starting to use the new light bars. I haven't seen any of that style but this is what they are doing in chicago:

post-760-1204398019_thumb.jpg (not my picture)

So as you can see new int he forground, and old in the background.

EDIT: I dont know why but the preview picture isn't working, if you click on the picture that does work. Thanks

im not disagreeing that LEDs are the way to go, seeing as im the one who pretty much made the suggestion to change up the lightbars in the first place. lol. i just wanna see what it looks like ingame. obviously your not going to be playing with that close up of a zoom level so it wont look "as big" (hoppah's model is right-on to the scale of the real thing as far as im concerned)

I agree the bar is fine, the simple fact is that is the future for several reasons.

1).LED is far more concealable but twice as effective as the nearest competitor lighting apparatus for warning purposes.

2).LED functions include extreme user-control (if you pay for a good enough unit) you can change the light patterns or intensity on the fly.

3).Most companies are phasing out their older models to where pretty soon there will not be a choice but to buy the things.

low-profile like the whelen edge lowpro led and the arjent led are designed to be more concealable to assist in traffic enforcement while preserving the lighting abilities of the larger counterparts... Whether people in america wanna admit it, most the time our cop cars find more use as traffic enforcement, it is alot easier to hide a low-pro behind a trunklid than it is a huge vista for example:)

The Aux lights tend to find their way in unmarked vehicles for the very same reason as their marked counterparts they are swapping to LED, unless you are good you would never notice a well concealed LED hidden somewhere on a car, especially if it was one which worked especially well with the LED lighting system... Try spotting an LED in the back of an Impala at 200 yards, you can't do the same with the old lights you know they are there.

im not disagreeing that LEDs are the way to go, seeing as im the one who pretty much made the suggestion to change up the lightbars in the first place. lol. i just wanna see what it looks like ingame. obviously your not going to be playing with that close up of a zoom level so it wont look "as big" (hoppah's model is right-on to the scale of the real thing as far as im concerned)

The new lightbar looks sweet. The arjent is my favourite lightbar, and its FINALLY been made :D One thing though. The lightbar is to wide. It has to be like a smidge smaller, then it would be perfect. Otherwords awesome... YAY! :D