Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest firemanzac

Sorry My Friend, your wrong. Pierce did distribute Bronto's for quite a number of years (Since before I became a firefighter in 1994). Several departments bought them (like the one one in the pic) and I think in ILL or NV. You are correct in that It (the Bronto/Boom piece) did come from europe, but as far as the US goes, Pierce was the first to distibute it. It never really caught on so they stopped making it. Incidently, the one in the picture I attached, after It flipped, it was bought by a company who supposidly fixed it and resold it to another department. Ive been doing this for quite a number of years so I know what im talking about.

Bronto Skylift is actually an E-one model. E-one picked up the Bronto Skylift idea from engineering in Germany. Bronto Skylift has been made by E-one since the mid 80's and is popular seller in Canada. Now other companies such as Pierce, Sparatan, and ALF have made their own versions of an articulating boom but Bronto Skylift is a trademark of E-one.

Guest Hanover Firefighter
Sorry My Friend, your wrong. Pierce did distribute Bronto's for quite a number of years (Since before I became a firefighter in 1994). Several departments bought them (like the one one in the pic) and I think in ILL or NV. You are correct in that It (the Bronto/Boom piece) did come from europe, but as far as the US goes, Pierce was the first to distibute it. It never really caught on so they stopped making it. Incidently, the one in the picture I attached, after It flipped, it was bought by a company who supposidly fixed it and resold it to another department. Ive been doing this for quite a number of years so I know what im talking about.

No Pierce may have distrubuted their own model of an articuilating boom but trust me Bronto Skylift is a registered E-one model. Bronto Skylift has been made since the late 80's by E-one. I know this because I have been an E-one sales rep for quite a number of years.

Guest firemanzac

I agree it is off topic, my apology's. Hanover. check this link out:

http://books.google.com/books?id=mpU6ov3PL...-PoLI#PPA102,M1

Page#103.

And then this one: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FZ..._65/ai_58062914

Hoopah, this link is an excellent refrence and has some great pics of of the different types of Aerials in the US. The book itself is pretty killer as well. Looking forward to 1.5!! :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Guest firemanzac

Bad Day in L.A. for the SWAT Team. My thoughts to the Familly's. :(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329246,00.html

"WINNETKA, CALIF.  A man barricaded himself in a house after telling police he had killed three relatives, then opened fire on a SWAT team Thursday, killing one officer and wounding another, police said. Ten hours after he initially called police, the house was on fire."

Just thought you guys might want to see some of these....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southerncalif...57600579466326/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southerncalif...57600579466326/

and Mike I see that you are part of flickr...my account is copcarman12 btw...

Hoopah I would Greatly appriciate if you could dedicate V1.5 to LAPD Swat officers Randy Simmons and James Veentra and there families. It is a very sad day in la today.

Heres a link to a news artical.

http://cbs13.com/national/la.cops.shot.2.648089.html

I don't think a mod is the right place for doing such favours even though I respect the job of the officer that has been killed in action. And what would you udnerstand under "dedicate a mod to"? How would you think to do that?

I don't think a mod is the right place for doing such favours even though I respect the job of the officer that has been killed in action. And what would you udnerstand under "dedicate a mod to"? How would you think to do that?

I agree with Stan. Although it is a very sad loss in the emergency services community worldwide. I feel that perhaps a memorial should be made via website but as Stan said a mod is not the right place

@ MikesPhotos: are you able to get a picture of the bar without the colored tops? I like that style consistent with the fact that LEDs do not require a colored lens to produce color. Thats one of the huge pluses, clear lens with color LEDs provide brighter lights with a lower profile.

Haha, very sad that CA doesn't light up there fleet like those videos. There's no fun in a just a few lights. :police:

Heres 2 pictures from an area department...hard to find, i would say that in MA, 75% of the departments that upgraded lightbars went to the Liberty.

The liberty and whelen in general is very popular in the south and east compared to the west coast. Federal Signal and Code 3 have had a lock on the equipment out here for quite some time now, especially with the reluctance of many departments to go all strobe. In regards to the colored tops, all of the bars have them to distinguish the cars from similar model and style security firms. With LED, you can no longer instantly see the amber of non-police vehicles, and the red and blue of Law Enforcement which is troublesome in and of itself. By keeping the colored tops, it allows one more piece for instant recognition for the public and everyone else.

Mike

The liberty and whelen in general is very popular in the south and east compared to the west coast. Federal Signal and Code 3 have had a lock on the equipment out here for quite some time now, especially with the reluctance of many departments to go all strobe. In regards to the colored tops, all of the bars have them to distinguish the cars from similar model and style security firms. With LED, you can no longer instantly see the amber of non-police vehicles, and the red and blue of Law Enforcement which is troublesome in and of itself. By keeping the colored tops, it allows one more piece for instant recognition for the public and everyone else.

Mike

Yea, if I was a betting man I'd say that by 2010 overhead strobes will be obsolete. They draw a hell of a lotta amps.

I agree with Stan. Although it is a very sad loss in the emergency services community worldwide. I feel that perhaps a memorial should be made via website but as Stan said a mod is not the right place

Well maybe if he posts his idea on how he would do that we could change our might on that :)

fly the flags at half staff in the game maybe? and have an empty LAPD slicktop decked out as a memorial car? Parked near the flagpole at the police station? Maybe even have a "sign" with the pic of the officer and flowers around it, like a memorial... Or maybe make an area near the PD a "memorial area"

fly the flags at half staff in the game maybe? and have an empty LAPD slicktop decked out as a memorial car? Parked near the flagpole at the police station? Maybe even have a "sign" with the pic of the officer and flowers around it, like a memorial... Or maybe make an area near the PD a "memorial area"

Thats a great idea! Or maybe somewhere around the station make like a cenetaph and have the memorial there...just a thought...

I have a suggestion..

In my game.. I see that like when I tell a cop to drive quickly to a place with sirens, it does.. but if it's unlucky, some ambulance that is on patrol is blocking is way and the cop car won't just drive beside the ambulance and infront of it.. this way.. it takes a lot of time.

i think you should make the pathfinding for cars etc better and quicker and more effective so they can arrive on scene more quickly..also.. what exactly is the point of that PD chief car? by the time you send that you can just send trucks to that place to take care of the situtation then anything else neccessary.. :P it would be fun if PD chief car had a better use.. like a freeplay mision.. it's about to collapse or something a building.. and you gotta call that and it bring sunits n stuff...dunno.. sorry for the way of writing i feel like shit today.

Guest LAPDguy

Oh yeah and hoopah just another little thing for 1.6 LAPD swat has phased out the Mp5 for quite some time now. They now use an assortment of of shotguns, pistols, and of course the m-4.