Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Oh Mike I have no doubt that the LAFD can handle it, I wasn't being critical earlier, just curious. I'd never seen HR56 before, it does sort of replace what a boom truck could do, if you add a stokes and lines and such.

How long did it take them to rig everything up?

Found a pic of Heavy Rescue 56 on this page.. also a pic of Engine 51, which is Chartreuse! :) (it may be an older 51? I dunno)

http://www.angelfire.com/la3/chucksfirepics1/LAFD5.html

Oh, there's a pic of Foam 60 there too, it looks a lot like the Water Cannon truck from the Mod. Do any other LAFD trucks use that "model" ?

The water tender is the foam tender. It sprays water now because when Hoppah made it he hadn't found a way to animate the foam yet.

Hey Mike, all the tillers on Mav1701's link look like they are ALFs rather than KMEs. Which way is the LAFD going with their tillers?

A little off topic, I heard that E-One was making a Tower Ladder that was articulated somewhere , so it could bend again. Anyone else here that?

Guest Hanover Firefighter

The water tender is the foam tender. It sprays water now because when Hoppah made it he hadn't found a way to animate the foam yet.

Hey Mike, all the tillers on Mav1701's link look like they are ALFs rather than KMEs. Which way is the LAFD going with their tillers?

A little off topic, I heard that E-One was making a Tower Ladder that was articulated somewhere , so it could bend again. Anyone else here that?

Hmmm, that is a bit broad being E-one already makes a Bronto Skylift. Now im not sure what you mean when you say tower ladder because a tower can be anything from the model HP 100 to a Bronto skylift. You can look up equipment specs on our E-one site @ http://www.e-one.com/index.asp?n=85&p=64&s=70 (This is not a sales pitch) :)

Guest Mav1701

"Tower Ladder" usually refers to a normal platform ladder with a Basket on the end, so a Fireman can use hoses, axes, even rescue cutters at height.

Having a ladder than can both telesope (get longer) and articulate (bend like an elbow) would be some neat engineering :)

Firefighter111: Those pics are all from '01 -- I don't think LAFD started ordering KMEs until 2005, might be wrong though.

Guest LAPDguy

Hello Hoopah this is more about the lapd lights for the two slick tops. For the un marked the two blue front grill lights and just to clear up what mike said about the burning red light it is a pulsing red light above the mioror. Also the lapd has a few colors of unmarked patrol cars including Tan, Dark blue, Light blue and i think theres another lighter tone of tan. The most popular is the dark metallic blue though.

Hmmm, that is a bit broad being E-one already makes a Bronto Skylift. Now im not sure what you mean when you say tower ladder because a tower can be anything from the model HP 100 to a Bronto skylift. You can look up equipment specs on our E-one site @ http://www.e-one.com/index.asp?n=85&p=64&s=70 (This is not a sales pitch) :)

Sorry to go off topic, but you say "our E-One" do you / have you worked for E-One? Because the units where I am at are E-one. And i'm looking for information about them. One is a rescue pumper, the other a tiller. Once again, sry for the off topic...

Guest rescue_me

Love the mod hoppa.. .keep the good work up... :cheers:

Is there a way to like put a booster line on the front of one of the Pumpers?

Or maybe have a booster line on the the Ladder truck?

Thx.

Mick

Love the mod hoppa.. .keep the good work up... :cheers:

Is there a way to like put a booster line on the front of one of the Pumpers?

Or maybe have a booster line on the the Ladder truck?

Thx.

Mick

Guest Hanover Firefighter
Having a ladder than can both telesope (get longer) and articulate (bend like an elbow) would be some neat engineering :)

As I was saying before, E-one already makes an articulating boom on their Bronto Skylift. As far as I know, that is the only model that makes articulating on E-one. Now a lot of other companys (Pierce, Crimson, and ALF) manufacture an articulating boom.

Guest FirstResponse

Adding the ability to make police use teargas would be cool, and giving police the ability to have gas masks would be awsome to aswell. I say this because my last game a riot broke out and in the end I had 80 dead people, the army and many police everywhere. also half the city was engulfed in flames causing hundereds of cars to explode. Yep it was a scene of pure chaos.

hey hoppah, i love your mod man keep up the good work. when i send the police to arrest a person usually the person resists and the cops lose health which i find really anoying because then i have to take the officer to the fire station and call out a paramedic to take care of him. so i was thinking wat if the police could have tasers?

Hey everyone, Instead of making a bunch of posts, I'm going to reply to the relevant ones that caught my eye just here...

Hoppah, i know that you said how changing all the lights/lightbars is a ton of work (which it is) but when you release 1.5 i would be happy to start reworking the vehicles lights and lightbars.

i know your real into the realism of the mod but maybe if the lights are reworked they could all or even some be converted from the current code3 models to newer led lightbars (the whelen liberty used on your charger/camaro/corner model) or the federal signal arjent (both of these led lightbars are the most popular choices among both police and fire departments as replacements)...i know it derives from realism a bit, but it might be a nice change do some of the models.

Also, lots a vehicles have leds on the outside of the mirrors for intersection protection (added to the unmakered car in the editor and used the radiation property to direct it at an angle)

Crazy and creative placements and patterns (i actually added this kind of placement to the police suv in the editor and tied it to the directional lights command, looked pretty good too)

Los Angeles (in general) tends to be one of the stingiest when it comes to lighting, truth be told. Be it Sheriff, Police, Fire, or even DOT, you'd be amazed at how the phrase "do more with less" seem's to be the order of the day. In fact, the slicktop with just 1 red steady burn light, flashing headlights, and an amber and a blue light in the rear as the ONLY lighting is very common! Compare that with the videos you show and the set ups of other states and you'll see what I mean by stingy. While CHP is slowly rolling out new units with additional lighting (see here) it is still a rarity at best and seems to be just limited to the Commercial Enforcement Units.

Also LAPD & LASD utilize just the Code 3 MX7000 on older vehicles, and Fed Sig Vista and Arjents on newer ones. They have no Whelen equipment. LAFD has recently purchased a few whelen LED bars for their new ALF's and some have popped up on a few brush patrols.

Oh Mike I have no doubt that the LAFD can handle it, I wasn't being critical earlier, just curious. I'd never seen HR56 before, it does sort of replace what a boom truck could do, if you add a stokes and lines and such.

How long did it take them to rig everything up?

No worries Mav, I didn't take your comments to be critical, I was just stating that the level of training and manpower of the Los Angeles Fire Service, both City and County is on par with some of the best in the world. As for how long, I honestly don't know. I haven't read the incident report, just caught the initial notification.

Found a pic of Heavy Rescue 56 on this page.. also a pic of Engine 51, which is Chartreuse! :) (it may be an older 51? I dunno)

http://www.angelfire.com/la3/chucksfirepics1/LAFD5.html

As mentioned earlier in this thread, LAFD Station 51 is at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Due to FAA regulations, all ARFF and airport based apparatus have to be painted Lime Yellow if purchased with federal funds.

Oh, there's a pic of Foam 60 there too, it looks a lot like the Water Cannon truck from the Mod. Do any other LAFD trucks use that "model" ?

I'm not quite sure what your question is. The Water Tender in the game is based off of LAFD's Foam Tenders, I beleive Hoppah stated he used pics of Foam 112 as his guide.

Firefighter111: Those pics are all from '01 -- I don't think LAFD started ordering KMEs until 2005, might be wrong though.

Actually LAFD does not have any KME apparatus and never has. Their aerial ladders are all LTI or ALF's. LACoFD uses KME apparatus for both Quints and Engines, amongst many others that came across with aquisitions.

To LAPDguy, before commenting directly on your posts I would like to first start by saying that I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way, but I think you need to speak with your father first to confirm what you post. Misinformation is rampant on the internet and it is the one thing we all need to strive to avoid as best as possible. I am sure hoppah and everyone appreciates you're help, and that goes without question, but accuracy is important.

on the topic that Mike brought up about the solid burning lights i would like to offer my assistince to you hoopah as my dad is an LAPD pilot and i can take pictures and or videos of any lapd vehicle you would like ill include some pictures of solid lights. The only thing that mike left out was that LAPD slick tops have no directional lights but they do have blue and orange rear shelf lights that "wig wag" here are the pictures.

This is correct. LAPD slicktops do not have rear direction bars that I can recall. You can see a full walk around of an LAPD slicktop that I shot Here

You'll notice the ENTIRE lighting package is just 1 amber, 1 blue rear deck light, 1 STEADY burn EES Coplight rear view mirror lite, and wig wag headlights.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/Schonely/lapd.jpg

Solid burning blue red pull over / take down lights

I may be misreading your description, but on the lower deck what you are seeing is the clear intersection light (they wig wag 90 degrees from center out at a fast rate to send a beam of clear light flashing through the intersections) and the steady burn blue and red. In the center are the takedown lights which are not on in that picture. LAPD Code 3 MX7000's have 4 whereas most departments use just 2.

Here is a great video that shows rear shelf lights for you hoopah

To be blunt, that video is PURE hollywood fiction and should be taken as such. Especially the absolute INCORRECT lighting featured in it. While I will grant that it does show the rear deck lights accurately, the fact that the LAPD motor units have flashing red lights and the unmarked steady burn was "pulsing" as you state below is 100% fiction. The law is very specific when it states what a California Steady Burn light is. It is a light that neither flashes, blinks, or pulses but burns steady. The reason for the law, which is particular to california is that in the old days of slow flashers and gumball lights, law makers were worried that someone would look into their mirror during a "black/off" part of the flash sequence and not see the unit was responding emergency. They crafted the law that stated that all Emergency apparatus, regardless of agency would have at least 1 steady burn red light that could not be missed.

Hello Hoopah this is more about the lapd lights for the two slick tops. For the un marked the two blue front grill lights

and just to clear up what mike said about the burning red light it is a pulsing red light above the mioror.

While I have no direct knowledge of the two blue lights in the grille, I have to greatly stress that you ask your father, or just go out and about town for a bit and you'll see the light does NOT pulse like in that music video. Hollywood fiction is just that, fiction.

Mike

While I have no direct knowledge of the two blue lights in the grille, I have to greatly stress that you ask your father, or just go out and about town for a bit and you'll see the light does NOT pulse like in that music video. Hollywood fiction is just that, fiction.

The LAPD unmarked car in the LA mod has flashing blue lights in the grille. However, as far as I know, this would be inacurrate. Such a car would probably have the steady red front light / blue-amber flashing rear lights setup. It probably wouldn't have a pushbar either.

Thing is, that car has been around since the EM3 LA mod, and that mod was using the actual photos as unit pictures. That particular unmarked car seemed to be used by the Massachussets State Police. In the photo, there was a fully marked MASP cruiser right beside it.

Also LAPD & LASD utilize just the Code 3 MX7000 on older vehicles, and Fed Sig Vista and Arjents on newer ones.

Seems I have to replace some lightbars for v1.6, but I can't find much detailed photo's of those lightbar. Both have an oval shape and the Arjent is very flat.

But I have found information:

FedSig Vista: Product Literature

FedSig Arjent: Product Literature

Which one should I make on my cars? I like them both. :)

Hoppah

Seems I have to replace some lightbars for v1.6, but I can't find much detailed photo's of those lightbar. Both have an oval shape and the Arjent is very flat.

But I have found information:

FedSig Vista: Product Literature

FedSig Arjent: Product Literature

Which one should I make?

Hoppah

The Arjent was chosen over the Fed Sig Vista as the bar of choice. As far as detailed photos go, give me till tuesday or wed and I'll give you some close ups of every inch of it in full res. Can you give me some ideas of what angles and details you might be looking for?

As for the shots I have now, here are some that might be helpful:

LAPD With Arjent 1

Detailed walk around of the LAPD Fed Sig Vista

I actually own a Vista as well, so that one will be quite easy to get pics of any angle and measurement.

Mike

Guest Adrian858

Very minor suggestion.

Changing the US Army soldiers to the new Camo.

US Military no longer uses the old "Woodland or Tricolor Desert" patterns, been that way for a little while now.

The US Marines use what is called "Marpat"

And the US Army now uses "Acu"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

Maybe something to look into in one of the upcoming releases.

Another minor suggestion would be officers holding their guns pointing down instead of up when they are unholstered, I feel I'm going to shoot a bird out of the sky one of these games... Don't know if that's possible though. Sorry if it has been suggested before.

Very minor suggestion.

Changing the US Army soldiers to the new Camo.

US Military no longer uses the old "Woodland or Tricolor Desert" patterns, been that way for a little while now.

The US Marines use what is called "Marpat"

And the US Army now uses "Acu"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

Maybe something to look into in one of the upcoming releases.

Another minor suggestion would be officers holding their guns pointing down instead of up when they are unholstered, I feel I'm going to shoot a bird out of the sky one of these games... Don't know if that's possible though. Sorry if it has been suggested before.

This hasn't been suggested before. Thanks I will replace the camouflage for the next version (1.6).

I can't change or add person animations. :)

Guest rescue_me

Sup All.

But Happah how long do you have unteel `1.5...? ""Not trying to bug you""

and another thing.. wats going to be new in 1.6..

I put on the forum, that it would be cool if one of the Engine's or The Tower..

if it could have a booster line.. like on the front of the engne. and then the side of the Tower...

And.... could there be a plan black suv.. with lights on the dash..

and in the front head light's and back lights

For the swat.. or just a police suv.. :1046275142_sniper:

N e ways.. Keep the good work up! :P

Michael..

The Arjent was chosen over the Fed Sig Vista as the bar of choice. As far as detailed photos go, give me till tuesday or wed and I'll give you some close ups of every inch of it in full res. Can you give me some ideas of what angles and details you might be looking for?

As for the shots I have now, here are some that might be helpful:

LAPD With Arjent 1

Detailed walk around of the LAPD Fed Sig Vista

I actually own a Vista as well, so that one will be quite easy to get pics of any angle and measurement.

Mike

Mike, is LAPD running the fancy wheels on all their Crown Vics?

Don't most services have the black police wheels with the small chrome cap in the middle?

Guest LAPDguy
Mike, is LAPD running the fancy wheels on all their Crown Vics?

Don't most services have the black police wheels with the small chrome cap in the middle?

well they arent fancy but they arent spares but yes all there new cars have them