Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest Zero
I am not going to make a police version, but the yellow cab version is done.

Imageshack doesn't work very well, so I hope the picture is visible:

yellowcabzs7.th.jpg

The vehicle has three doors and replaces the original Emergency 4 taxi.

I have changed some more things to my mod:

- Patrol command works in multiplayer now.

- Possibilty to park a second Water Tender in the fire station (freeplay).

- Rotate commands added to the police barricade.

Hoppah

Which you can download now?

With all this in?

Looks really amazing.

Although i still liked the idea for a police car version.

I'm with you ! i have the same idee ... i think the chevrolet caprice can be nice for a police car.. and it will be different of the Crown victoria ! :)

Hi,

Progress Update:

Started working on a 3rd mission for the mod. :)

I'm also working on a new unit, which is important for the new mission. :sleep:

More information and pictures later.

I noticed that the mod has been downloaded more than 20.000 times since it was released on August 23rd, 2006. :sporty:

Hi,

Progress Update:

Started working on a 3rd mission for the mod. :)

I'm also working on a new unit, which is important for the new mission. :sleep:

More information and pictures later.

I noticed that the mod has been downloaded more than 20.000 times since it was released on August 23rd, 2006. :sporty:

CONGRATS!!! :1046275747_biggthumpup: :1046275747_biggthumpup:

I'm still working on the script for the third mission. The script for that mission is going to be huge, but the mission will be very cool. :)

Keywords: Bomb, Bomb Squad, Terrorists, Suicide Bomber.

More information soon, of course. :rolleyes:

LOL, do you want to pay at least $10,- for my mod, when I'm going to spend my money on models for the mod?

Besides that, those vehicles have way too many polygons. Emergency 4 doesn't need such models. They will work, but they will slow down your game whatever computer you have. The Emergency 4 graphical engine isn't built for high polygon models.

Finally, more news about my mod. I already mentioned bomb squad somewhere. So here is more information about the new bomb squad units.

I have made a bomb squad suv (photo) and a bomb squad unit. Picture:

bombsquadtl9.th.jpg

The bomb squad unit can disarm bombs only, of course.

Right now, I am working on a bomb squad robot (photo)!

Picture of the model in Zmodeler 2:

robot01ny2.th.jpg

The robot will be radio controlled, that means that the bomb squad unit can control the robot with a controller. :)

The robot can disarm bombs too. I still need to make those commands, so I am going to be very busy with those things.

When the robot has a texture, I will post more pictures of course.

Hoppah

really nice idea, Hoppah. It'll add a lot of realism to your mod. Are you going to add any other bomb squad veichles to your mod. I know they have a similar truck for the bomb squad like the Police heavy Rescue truck in your mod

No, because bomb squad doesn't play a large role.

Guest Pocus

liking what I see both model wise and the fact you're making missions is fantastic, can't wait for when it's finished! *resists evil urge to ask when* :laugh:

Great work, man. I'm glad to see you're taking the bomb robot challenge, that's something I thought would be just too hard to make. That truck is also sweet! I knew from an old post that you'd be doing a bomb squad unit, and knowing the real-life unit, I was hoping you'd make it for your mod. I've got a few suggestions based on the real-life unit though :

1- The LAPD bomb squad uses shorter lightbars that don't span the whole roof width (Basically they're a little more than half the length of a standard lightbar).

2- The actual bomb squad truck doesn't have fender flares (the dark-gray plastic thingies around the wheel wells) so those areas would actually be white like the rest of the truck.

I included a (poorly) photoshopped picture to show you the differences :

bombsquadTahoePshop.jpg

Also, the real-life unit is a Chevrolet Tahoe, while the one you used is its bigger brother, the Chevrolet Suburban. The difference is that the Tahoe has a shorter rear end, and the door lines are right next to the wheel wells. However, yours is nice, and since the LAPD has used older Suburbans in the past, it makes sense to use a newer one as well.

About the bomb robot, I know you said you wouldn't make more bomb squad vehicles other than the Tahoe, but bomb robots are quite big, so it's unlikely they could fit in the rear on an SUV. Furthermore, they're quite heavy, so they usually need a ramp to be deployed. You might want to keep the SUV for the bomb technicians, and make a cube van or step van to carry the robot.

LAPD cube van : http://members.fortunecity.com/capdcars/lapd304.jpg

Older LAPD bomb squad van : http://members.fortunecity.com/capdcars/lapd301.jpg

LAPD bomb squad step van (small pic) : http://www.csulb.edu/~d49er/archives/2005/...140-BombWEB.gif

I will change the bomb squad vehicle, but I'm not going to make more bomb squad vehicles. Two reasons:

1. Creating a whole new model, texture and all other coding takes a lot of time. That's also why I didn't make a Chevrolet Tahoe, I used the Suburban model from the battalion chief instead.

2. Bomb squad isn't very important for Emergency 4. I don't want to spend my time on something unimportant. Besides that, I am very very busy with missions and other stuff, like creating 5 scripts for the robot.

Maybe I will add a second bomb squad vehicle in newer versions than 1.3. I just don't want to spend my time on new vehicles & units anymore.

btw. I can't view the fortunecity pictures. I think it's because I don't live in America (other IP number).

Thanks for tips,

Hoppah