Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

most departments in my area have dots.....so i dont see anything unrealistic about that...even the state police have the dots instead of arrows

well really its just the directional lights in general. like we were outfitted with a brand new ambulance... and just got it in service.... but once we did we had to take it out and put on a directional light bar because it was a safety hazard not to. odd i know. anyway. dots or arrows it doesnt matter as long as we can use them than have it for show...... now as an idea have the spot lights on the cop cars go on to a vehicle when they pull someone over. that would be coool.

Guest chevyrulzs2010
In v1.3 all patrol cars and the fire engine's have directional lights instead of the floodlights which weren't very usefull, because my mod doesn't have night missions. The directional lights are very handy. In freeplay, you can still use the engineer and the floodlight during night.

could you have both flood and directional lights and how do the directional do you choose what direction it flashes to or is it automatic

Guest ShortCappy
could you have both flood and directional lights

Hoppah said that he can't add both of them in one vehicle. He made a poll for us to decide which one is useful and the majority of the votes were in favor for directional lights.

how do the directional do you choose what direction it flashes to or is it automatic

Neither. It's a command that you turn on and off.

Guest chevyrulzs2010
I actually like option 2 the most, if they go boom you replace them. I've had very few of my vehicles blow up. I don't think there should be any invulnerable vehicles honestly as that would just lead to carelessness with them.

Just a few years ago that happened to a couple of firetrucks in two different counties in my area actually. The fire they were fighting shifted directions and they couldn't get the trucks out of the way in time.

we had our tanker burn up it was a big grass fire and the driver couldnt see so he hit the left shoulder and thought it was the right so he jerked to the left put it in the ditch and the fire was to close and even though it had 2000 gallons of watter he left it to burn but it didnt expolde i mean come on cars dont explode like they do in the game

I'll explain about those directional lights for one more time:

Each vehicle has lights and there are different lights types. The flashing lights have the "bluelight" type. Those can be turned off using the flashing lights command. That command turns the "bluelight" lights off.

The is also a "headlight" type. Those lights will turn on when it's dark.

And there is a "speciallight" type. Those lights can be turned on using a specific command. The directional lights and the floodlights are "speciallights". The command enables ALL "speciallights" so that means the directional lights and the floodlights will turn on if a car has those lights. So, I can't add both commands since there is only one "speciallight" type.

@ chevyrulzs2010:

I can't make every car (civilian cars included) invulnerable, because of game restrictions. It's just a part of the game.

It looks like every car has a bomb in the trunk.

Hoppah

Hey Hoppah, Since you made your mod on the german version of the game and then translated it to english, does this mean the language file will be modified. If so is there any way to prevent this because hopefully( haven't heard they pushed it back :D ) 911 First Responders should be released here in America. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Hey Hoppah, Since you made your mod on the german version of the game and then translated it to english, does this mean the language file will be modified. If so is there any way to prevent this because hopefully( haven't heard they pushed it back :D ) 911 First Responders should be released here in America. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Language files are included in the mod, so when you load my mod, the game will load my language files. Doesn't matter if you have the English, German or French version of Emergency 4 (or 911 First Responders), they game will load those files. When you load a mod, NOTHING will be changed to the original files.

Language files are included in the mod, so when you load my mod, the game will load my language files. Doesn't matter if you have the English, German or French version of Emergency 4 (or 911 First Responders), they game will load those files. When you load a mod, NOTHING will be changed to the original files.

What I ment was, when I load the mod, will the language files from your mod be used(I assume they are in english) or will it be the games language files?

lol he just repsonded to that

Guest JeffreyCor
In v1.3 all patrol cars and the fire engine's have directional lights instead of the floodlights which weren't very usefull, because my mod doesn't have night missions. The directional lights are very handy. In freeplay, you can still use the engineer and the floodlight during night.

Great! :1046275747_biggthumpup: I had hoped you might do something like that, all our cars down south of LA in San Diego have them.

ya i agree the arrow stick is much more needed than the light tower....the only reason i use it in the game is to make it look more realistic lol

As i sayd in the 911: First Responders FAQ:

Emergency 4 and 911: First responders are exactly the same games, only changes are the title and the language. So mods will work without problem.

Guest LPD121

question man, can ya add the equiptment truck & move the battalion chief SUV into the fire station, I know that's how most us fire stations have em, lombard did too, all the places around where I used to live had all their important vehicles in there. the command unit was good to leave out though, I would fit the small equiptment & battalion chief in there, that I think is scripting & i'm just now going on to em4, & already I've beat it. also maybe add the control box commands to have the firetrucks & paramedics come out one at a time, I like freeplay cause theres always a twist on location & how bad the scenario,but the box should control al units, all of em coming out at one time is unrealistic, I hung around lombard station 1 a lot of the time, the garage you have in freeplay looks similar, just 1 less garage door, they held the same vehicles except the watertender which they really just had those on the pumper & didn't use them much, anyways, heres how they did it:

2 medics, 65 & 64 in garage 1

engine 5 & 6 in garage too, they swapped those around every 6 months for the milage

ladder something, I forget that one, been a year possibly 55

then the 1990's f-350 paramedic(all medic's f-350's)

then they had the battalion chief in there before the medic & an equiptment truck, medic was a back up

the rest were outside, that was from station 1

I am not going to change the fire station again, because it's too much work.

But calling 1 fireman instead of all firemen is a good idea, but I'm not going to add that to v1.3.

Sorry for being rude, but I need to say this too.

I am really getting tired of all those suggestions.

There are people who want...

- a second fire station on the freeplay map.

- the fire station, hospital and police station on the multiplayer and/or deluxe map.

- federal units, like fbi and US marshals.

- a different fire station setup (positions of vehicles in garage).

- a "disable traffic lights" command.

- realistic automatic weapons (mine aren't, because of game restrictions).

- lots of car accident missions.

- more and new freeplay events.

- more and improved sirens.

- a German version of the mod.

- improved lights on every vehicle.

- shotguns for police officers.

- fire fighter -> hazmat "change clothes command"

- "hold", "target" and "go" commands for snipers.

- LAPD supervisors.

- Parking lots at the hospital.

The idea's are good and always welcome, but when I say "no" or "not yet", stop giving arguments that I really have to add that. Responding to those posts makes my tired and that will only reduce my motivation. The most important thing is that the next version is bug-free.

Besides that, a lot of people want to create a new mod and they are requesting my help too.

Hoppah

Guest LPD121

he means wait until he gets more of the scripting done & he will tweak the rest on the last version, if i'm not mistaken, he wants to put his main focus on one thing at a time, base, missions, then final

Guest LPD121

can you guys not wait, you can't see he probably wants his main focus on scripting & if i'm not mistaken his life, when I asked I stopped when he said no, you guys can't do the same, the arrowsticks are not important at the moment, he has a base to work with, he will tweak the rest at last, it's not his main focus, read his last post ;)

Guest Twix623

You guys are seriously weird.. you want EVERYTHING to be EXACT lifelike, thats freaking ridiculous. It's A GAME! You don't even notice the tiny details when your playing the game, and for those guys who want "this unit, and that unit" are you serious?! They all do the same damn thing, they just have different skins! Grow up and stop moaning.

Hoppah does a great job with the realism, scripts, and the maps, continue to do so. Don't go on and listen to these kids moan about every damn thing in your mod. I'll be looking forward to your next version!