Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

I just wanted to make a small suggestion for the new mod coming out. I was wondering if there could be the possibility of including a slicktop in the mod. If so, I will post a pic of it. Thanks for such a great mod :1046275747_biggthumpup: :laugh:

REgards,

Shane

Well Hoppah won't do it ^^

In some of the 50 previous pages people aready asked and this where the answears

- There are already enough police vehicles

- I don't want 10 crown vics in the game

Well Hoppah won't do it ^^

In some of the 50 previous pages people aready asked and this where the answears

- There are already enough police vehicles

- I don't want 10 crown vics in the game

Oh, ok Stan, and Fenor Koroto, the lights are on the inside...

Guest ranger211
Vehicles without flashing lights are no fun. :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4u7WtlC-m0

wow dude, you need to think about what you say before something dumb like that comes out of your mouth.

just because a slick top doesn't have a light bar, doesn't mean it doesn't have lights. how are they going to pull you over, follow you untill they get close enough and throw their shoe at you?

Guest ranger211

anyway, something a little more reverent and constructive:

I'm sure everyone has experienced when you send units on patrol, they sometimes get bunched up or stuck in traffic. i used to before this ability park cruisers around the map with there lights off then when a distant call came in, i would have some units in the area. But, i also love that the "call for backup" feature is back from EM3 LA Mod, but units not on patrol or at the station can't be called in using this feature. I was wondering if you could make a command that would put the cruiser or ambulance or engine in a "standby" mode where they are currently parked. They are still "in service", but are standing by from a dispatch from a officer or battalion chief.

and another tiny suggestion. i took a look around the script for the "heal" and the stretcher command for this but couldn't find what i was looking for. When you separate the stretcher crew into 2 paramedics, unlike the just paramedics you can call in, they don't auto heal a close victim. sometimes when you have a lot going on, this feature lets you unload the ambulance and worry about something else for a moment without having to micromanage each medic to a victim. those few seconds can sometimes save the gas explosion, train light failure, drowning people trapped in cars, and a guy running around shooting the first and every thing he comes across :laugh:

anyway, something a little more reverent and constructive:

I'm sure everyone has experienced when you send units on patrol, they sometimes get bunched up or stuck in traffic. i used to before this ability park cruisers around the map with there lights off then when a distant call came in, i would have some units in the area. But, i also love that the "call for backup" feature is back from EM3 LA Mod, but units not on patrol or at the station can't be called in using this feature. I was wondering if you could make a command that would put the cruiser or ambulance or engine in a "standby" mode where they are currently parked. They are still "in service", but are standing by from a dispatch from a officer or battalion chief.

I can add that to the 'Call for backup' commands and it will work like this:

Enable the 'Standby mode'. (select vehicle -> click icon)

As soon you move the vehicle to another position, 'Standby mode' will be disabled automaticly.

But if the vehicle is in standby mode, you can use the 'Call for backup' command.

Call for backup will check the following things in this order:

1. Parked vehicles at fire station or police station

2. Patrolling vehicles (patrol cars & ambulances)

3. Vehicles in 'standby mode'.

Maybe I should switch 1 and 2?

and another tiny suggestion. i took a look around the script for the "heal" and the stretcher command for this but couldn't find what i was looking for. When you separate the stretcher crew into 2 paramedics, unlike the just paramedics you can call in, they don't auto heal a close victim. sometimes when you have a lot going on, this feature lets you unload the ambulance and worry about something else for a moment without having to micromanage each medic to a victim. those few seconds can sometimes save the gas explosion, train light failure, drowning people trapped in cars, and a guy running around shooting the first and every thing he comes across :laugh:

I just checked the script and it says this:

Med1.SetAutoHealDistance(0.1f);
Med2.SetAutoHealDistance(0.1f);

The distance seems to be wrong, but I don't know the default distance.

Hoppah

If you're looking for realism, then yeah, the patrolling vehicles should be the first to respond, then the standby units, as they are in reality still ative patrol units, then lastly the units parked up at the police station. But that's the realism side of things, I mean for a game, does it really make a huge difference?

Guest Fenor Koroto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4u7WtlC-m0

wow dude, you need to think about what you say before something dumb like that comes out of your mouth.

just because a slick top doesn't have a light bar, doesn't mean it doesn't have lights. how are they going to pull you over, follow you untill they get close enough and throw their shoe at you?

Haha, it sounds as if i personally offended you or something. :laugh:

Guest ranger211
Call for backup will check the following things in this order:

1. Parked vehicles at fire station or police station

2. Patrolling vehicles (patrol cars & ambulances)

3. Vehicles in 'standby mode'.

Maybe I should switch 1 and 2?

i was going to say right off the bat from reading this that you should switch 1 & 2, but now that i think about it, since then units that are dispatched by an officer on the scene don't respond from the closest patrolling unit, it really doesn't matter, even if the station is right next to the scene, "calling for backup" could dispatch a unit from the other corner of the map. So as CHP said, If you're looking for realism, then you should switch 1 & 2. but in this case, it really doesn't matter (unless somehow you could script to have the closest unit respond)

Med1.SetAutoHealDistance(0.1f);
Med2.SetAutoHealDistance(0.1f);

i saw the same thing when i took a look around, i tried to chance the values a bit, but i didn't really see any difference

Maybe that was asked before (Couldn't find it in the topic though), but would it be possible to call units from outside the map? I.E. have battalion chiefs call for units that aren't patrolling or in a station, like the Hazmat truck or MCU, so that they would spawn from the side of the map (as long as you own one) just like when you manually dispatch them?

If that was possible, it would be great to call for outside help from special units (Hazmat, MCU, fire plane), since some situations can become tricky in a matter of seconds.

In the same line of thought, I was also thinking a police equivalent of the battalion chief could eventually be useful (something like a patrol supervisor or captain, maybe?). He could have the ability to call for a SWAT team, a hostage rescue team (scout + negociator) or any other police vehicle that might come in handy. Also, if calling units from outside the map can be done, police officers should be able to call for a towtruck on the scene of an accident.

Guest ShortCappy
I am working on a bus since the release of v1.2.

It will replace the original EM4 busses.

That's a very nice-looking NABI 40-LFW CNG! :1046275747_biggthumpup: I'd nitpick at it, but I won't.

That's a very nice-looking NABI 40-LFW CNG! :1046275747_biggthumpup: I'd nitpick at it, but I won't.

In real life, the bus is even longer. But I decided to make it shorter so it would better match the game size.

It's almost twice as long as the original EM4 busses.

Guest SHERIFF05

****************FOR HOPPAH******************

Hoppah i sent the audio your inbox on here is full but i sent you the samples. to your hotmail.

its from email deletetd by stan

Entitled EM4-AUDIO i think

Let me know what you think

i believe it may get sent to your junk or spam folder... but let me know what you think if not - well have to get on MSN or AIM or something sometime and ill send em via that....

SHERIFF

Guest ranger211

for some reason, i think i remember a long time ago talking about a prisoner transport or something like that, and i think someone posted the picture of the NYPD van that they use. i tried to search for it but i couldn't find the post. anyway, i found the LA equivalent of that prisoner transport van.

lacops_van.JPG

that site where its from, http://www.code2high.com has everything LAPD, LASD, LAFD, LA everything and its updated monthly

ps sorry hoppah / stan if that picture is too big without making it a thumbnail. its not too huge so i hope its not a problem

Guest NootjesBV

I've played the game for 2 days now. And its super ! WOW what a mod hoppah. The eye for details and everything around it. worshippy.gif

Ow one thing, when you send an unmarked police car to the police house it doesnt park in front of it but it will go away. Is that good ?

Guest ShortCappy
Ow one thing, when you send an unmarked police car to the police house it doesnt park in front of it but it will go away. Is that good ?

Yes and no. Yes, because commanding a police vehicle to the police station while there are 3 other police vehicles parked in front of it will end up going into the police garage. No, due of a mod bug, any police vehicle that enters the garage will be automatically sold (this was already reported). If you want to send a police vehicle in front of the police station, make sure that there's enough room.

Yes and no. Yes, because commanding a police vehicle to the police station while there are 3 other police vehicles parked in front of it will end up going into the police garage. No, due of a mod bug, any police vehicle that enters the garage will be automatically sold (this was already reported). If you want to send a police vehicle in front of the police station, make sure that there's enough room.

There is one but it is for emergency 3 in LA Mod 2.2