Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

^they may have more polys but there still not considered high polygon correct?

It's what YOU consider high polygon. Basically, for this game, vehicles don't need that many polygons. A 10.000 polygon Ford Crown Victoria is way too detailed for this game, because this game is not designed (or in my words; 'optimized') for that. Anyway, you can't compare a simple vehicle like that with a fire engine which needs much more details. More details means more polygons. I don't think you need to worry that much. In my opinion, bigger textures require more from a computer than a vehicle with a little more added polygons than usual. Most new civilian vehicles in the LA Mod have 512x512 textures instead of 1024x1024. Remember, that's FOUR times as small. Because some of the new civilian vehicles are not mapped that well, I can't make most textures smaller than 512x512. Just wait and see it yourself when v1.9 is out.

@ nycguy555666:

There won't be a LAPD Chevrolet Impala in the mod, unless you want to get rid of the Ford Crown Victoria or the Dodge Charger or any other PD vehicle. If I'm not wrong. there is a submod somewhere on this forum which adds a LAPD Chevrolet Impala though.

hey hoppah have you had any down time to drink a cold beer and play the new map?

Also people you can always turn one of the new civil cars into a playable unit :D

It's what YOU consider high polygon. Basically, for this game, vehicles don't need that many polygons. A 10.000 polygon Ford Crown Victoria is way too detailed for this game, because this game is not designed (or in my words; 'optimized') for that.

Precisely what I was aiming for. Low/high polygons as far as the game is concerned/handle.

Anyway, you can't compare a simple vehicle like that with a fire engine which needs much more details. More details means more polygons. I don't think you need to worry that much. In my opinion, bigger textures require more from a computer than a vehicle with a little more added polygons than usual. Most new civilian vehicles in the LA Mod have 512x512 textures instead of 1024x1024. Remember, that's FOUR times as small. Because some of the new civilian vehicles are not mapped that well, I can't make most textures smaller than 512x512. Just wait and see it yourself when v1.9 is out.

I wasnt that worried about it, just seeing if I was right :P None the less, yes I can completely understand where your coming from, and that was a good idea down sizing the textures for the civi cars.

Guest facc007

I just wanted to say love the first mod, however it is a little fast paced. How can I slow the triggers down a bit? I am new to this game and I play freeplay cause the missions crash often, I dunno why. When I play the freeplay 5 incidents happen and once and its hard to catch a criminal running while setting up my firemen, and oh the guy is on the stretch put him back on the ambulance, and oh crap the forest is still burning..... I dont need Hoppah to reply as he should be busy with 1.9 :) and I dont want to know when its comming out.... Anyone else?

Guest facc007

an idea I had what if we lengthen the fires by adding detectives that go investigate and there can be different variables like no fault arson, homicide or whatever, then maybe go to a house and send swat in or something. Just an idea to make this game even better?

Guest Shawn Biro
an idea I had what if we lengthen the fires by adding detectives that go investigate and there can be different variables like no fault arson, homicide or whatever, then maybe go to a house and send swat in or something. Just an idea to make this game even better?

Not Possible I Belive.

Guest facc007

I dont understand what would make it not realistic I work for the State as a Police Officer, there is an investigation after everything. What I dont get is why after this fire didnt they catch the SOB that started it? On the EM 4 UK version there is a hostage lvl. What if something triggers something fun like that. More PD action then a simple guy running. I got all these Police helicopters and bomb squad all over and its always mostly fires. What makes it unrealistic?

because you cant really investigate a fire, its harrder then it scemes you'd need to script all the events place triggers and it would be crazy. Beleve me it would be a good idea for a mission but in freeplay it would be to hard. Also if you want more police events turn the frequnecy up :D

Guest facc007
because you cant really investigate a fire, its harrder then it scemes you'd need to script all the events place triggers and it would be crazy. Beleve me it would be a good idea for a mission but in freeplay it would be to hard. Also if you want more police events turn the frequnecy up :D

Oh well that sounds simple how do I do that? Is there a way to speed or slow down each type of event? Ie ff ambulatory Domestic violence, ect

I just wanted to say love the first mod, however it is a little fast paced. How can I slow the triggers down a bit? I am new to this game and I play freeplay cause the missions crash often, I dunno why. When I play the freeplay 5 incidents happen and once and its hard to catch a criminal running while setting up my firemen, and oh the guy is on the stretch put him back on the ambulance, and oh crap the forest is still burning..... I dont need Hoppah to reply as he should be busy with 1.9 :) and I dont want to know when its comming out.... Anyone else?

First off make sure you use the edit button. Secondly, this isnt a support topic. Third, notice the suggestions thread is locked and warnings may result for giving suggestions. Fourth, read the Technical Help FAQ and that may resolve the crashes if you follow the instructions. Fifth, check the tutorials section. Mikesphotos made a thread about altering your free play events. Sixth, last but not least, every little action requires scripting weather it be a little or alot and as Jab pointed out such a function would probably require quite a bit of scripting.

Hoppah, I have a question.. I know you spend a lot of time modding, and testing and fixing and such, but when you do get time to play, how do you go about it? Like do you stack up units all over, use all your commands, or like what? That just came into thought, and I wondered how you'd do it :)

Hoppah, I have a question.. I know you spend a lot of time modding, and testing and fixing and such, but when you do get time to play, how do you go about it? Like do you stack up units all over, use all your commands, or like what? That just came into thought, and I wondered how you'd do it :)

In the beginning I send a second battalion chief unit to the other side of the map, then I send an additional ambulance, engine 1 and engine 2 to the bigger fire station. Then I park 3 patrol cars in front of the PD station and sometimes I put some of them on standby somewhere else. I don't like the patrol function, so I don't use it. But usually I play until I find something to fix.

In the beginning I send a second battalion chief unit to the other side of the map, then I send an additional ambulance, engine 1 and engine 2 to the bigger fire station. Then I park 3 patrol cars in front of the PD station and sometimes I put some of them on standby somewhere else. I don't like the patrol function, so I don't use it. But usually I play until I find something to fix.

That means that the patrol function is full of bugs? Or you just don't like to use it?