ThinBlueLineKY4

American Modders Modding Team (AMMT) *UPDATED 7/07/15*

NOTE: You can join the website and teamspeak just so you can talk to us and possibly make suggestions and comment on things.

Websites:

http://ammt.webs.com/-95% Complete

https://www.emergency-planet.com/EM4AMMT-In Development

Teamspeak:

ts123.teamspeak3.com:9622

Who We Are:
We are a modding team and community dedicated to making mostly Fictional and Non-fictional American based mods. Mod Team/Community Website Coming Soon.
How We Work:
Lets say you are trying to make a mod, but you are a good skinner, and that is the only skill you have. If you are in AMMT, that wouldn't be a problem. Just ask for help on skype chat and/or the website forum page. And people who excel in the skills you need will come to help you with your mod, though you must not mind being asked to help them by skinning some vehicles for their mod. Help others with their mods along with working on your own mod, and get helped back in return. :)
Founders:
Armyconrad/Connor Brumleve
Phantom
Willowforkfirecapt
nickbuchanan911
Mods:
Check Website
Join Us:
To join us pm me or another founders. You do not have to be american or have any American mods atm. You can just join to help out if you want.
Requirents:
-It would be great and easier if you have a skype, but you don't have to.
-You need to have an email.
-Have at least 1 skill in modding (whatever skill that might be).

Edited by Connor Brumleve

So to me, this seems like a great idea, except for one thing. Skinning a vehicle is probably the easiest of tasks available. Now while a higher quality skin does take longer time than a mash up, it still takes less time than making a model, or even UVing it. So this means you'll have a lot of people with the idea that they want to make a mod, but with no real skills (skinning isn't a major skill, almost everyone on this forum can do it) coming to you looking for models. So people are volunteering to make a model, and then in turn, a UV map, as these people probably don't know how to make a UV map. So essentially someone is making models to be skinned after they UV it. The people creating the model would not need a skinner, as they would just as soon make the skin they want for the UV, as opposed to a vanilla/base skin before making the one they want. 

This flaw in the idea seems like a major issue to me. You'll get many people with little to no skills coming in expecting a full mod presented to them, models, and scripts and all. If I was you, I'd revise my entrance requirements to be a little more stringent. 

Perhaps limit it only to modelers, scripters and UV Mappers (Note, UV MAPPING IS NOT SKINNING) you know, skills that require a little more effort, and can be relatively equal in output. Now perhaps the agreement is that they'll make fair use items, so that new members can learn to mod on them. Realistically, there's members here that can knock out a bare model in say 5 or 6 hours, no UV.  Now there's others that can knock out an awesome looking UV in say 3 or 4 hours after that. And there's scripters that can knock out a script in the same. The modeler I'm talking about that can fly through 3D hates UVing. I know people that love UVing and hate 3D work. 

If you expect to get into this, knowing they'll have to make models for others who will only reskin theirs in return isn't a fair trade off, and you're not going to attract many people that way. Look at the real modding skills (script, Model, UV) and you'll get more people in, as it'll be more reciprocal. 

I would not make a modding team until someone in the modding team has actually released a mod. Also only one person in your mod team can actually do more then just skinning and the rest of you are NOOBS to modding. If I was you I would just not have a modding team until you guys get some experience under your belt especially since you are new to modding and you already have three mod projects going and nothing to show for any of them yet.

I would not make a modding team until someone in the modding team has actually released a mod. Also only one person in your mod team can actually do more then just skinning and the rest of you are NOOBS to modding. If I was you I would just not have a modding team until you guys get some experience under your belt especially since you are new to modding and you already have three mod projects going and nothing to show for any of them yet.

Uh.. Sorry chief jamnj. Won't happen again. Darn mod teams. Guess no one can get a team together to make a mod before they make a mod.

Uh.. Sorry chief jamnj. Won't happen again. Darn mod teams. Guess no one can get a team together to make a mod before they make a mod.

I am not a chief And there is no problems starting a mod team as long as everyone in it an actually do something more then skin.

I am not a chief And there is no problems starting a mod team as long as everyone in it an actually do something more then skin.

So to me, this seems like a great idea, except for one thing. Skinning a vehicle is probably the easiest of tasks available. Now while a higher quality skin does take longer time than a mash up, it still takes less time than making a model, or even UVing it. So this means you'll have a lot of people with the idea that they want to make a mod, but with no real skills (skinning isn't a major skill, almost everyone on this forum can do it) coming to you looking for models. So people are volunteering to make a model, and then in turn, a UV map, as these people probably don't know how to make a UV map. So essentially someone is making models to be skinned after they UV it. The people creating the model would not need a skinner, as they would just as soon make the skin they want for the UV, as opposed to a vanilla/base skin before making the one they want.

This flaw in the idea seems like a major issue to me. You'll get many people with little to no skills coming in expecting a full mod presented to them, models, and scripts and all. If I was you, I'd revise my entrance requirements to be a little more stringent.

Perhaps limit it only to modelers, scripters and UV Mappers (Note, UV MAPPING IS NOT SKINNING) you know, skills that require a little more effort, and can be relatively equal in output. Now perhaps the agreement is that they'll make fair use items, so that new members can learn to mod on them. Realistically, there's members here that can knock out a bare model in say 5 or 6 hours, no UV. Now there's others that can knock out an awesome looking UV in say 3 or 4 hours after that. And there's scripters that can knock out a script in the same. The modeler I'm talking about that can fly through 3D hates UVing. I know people that love UVing and hate 3D work.

If you expect to get into this, knowing they'll have to make models for others who will only reskin theirs in return isn't a fair trade off, and you're not going to attract many people that way. Look at the real modding skills (script, Model, UV) and you'll get more people in, as it'll be more reciprocal.

We have multiple people who can do many things when making mods. I was just using skinning as an example too. And anyway I am being taught how to do the other stuff in mod making.

We have multiple people who can do many things when making mods. I was just using skinning as an example too. And anyway I am being taught how to do the other stuff in mod making.

Aside from reskinning and adding lights to vehicles, what else does your team have the ability to do?

So just to understand...

If I can only skin (I mean, that's all I can do, that and light... It's not like there's any way to verify this, as I haven't released anything, like many members) and I need a Ford SuperDuty pickup made for my mod, I exchange a reskin of dennis reid's model, and then I get my made model?

And by map, what exactly do you mean? There's a LOT of different things that go into mapping. What if I needed a full map, would this be something you could work on for me?

So essentially reskins and placing objects on the map? Is there anyone to do the more difficult (and MOST important part) placing streets and paths? 

The others have echoed what I'm trying to say. There's too much of the difficult stuff that you don't have anyone to do, which is what people need the most around here. 

In regards to my question about the model, I still don't have an answer for it?

So essentially reskins and placing objects on the map? Is there anyone to do the more difficult (and MOST important part) placing streets and paths? 

The others have echoed what I'm trying to say. There's too much of the difficult stuff that you don't have anyone to do, which is what people need the most around here. 

In regards to my question about the model, I still don't have an answer for it?

We are actually growing in members faster than I thought we would. And to answer your question, you are constantly working on each others mods. You will mainly focus on your mod, and others will help you with your mod, but then we expect you to help out with other peoples mods too. And now we have all skills covered by at least 2 people, and therefore your mod will never be short of any skills. That way we can get more mods actually complete because we have various people with various skills that help each other.

Okay, so since I have not gotten a straight answer, I'll ask again. 

I want a new Ford SuperDuty pickup with a cap, full working doors and an area for a K9 unit, lights included. Do you have anyone that will make this for me in exchange for a reskin?

It appears based on the site's credits, you have two team members, neither of which can model. And looking around other things there, there's no list of who does what besides that list. 

I want a new Ford SuperDuty pickup with a cap, full working doors and an area for a K9 unit, lights included. Do you have anyone that will make this for me in exchange for a reskin?

It appears based on the site's credits, you have two team members, neither of which can model. And looking around other things there, there's no list of who does what besides that list. 

Do you have a picture of what youre looking for, I should be able to make that for you

I will try from scratch, if not ill figure something out

Tis easy ;)

My newer F350 model (if you can still find it), then raise the ride height, then model the rear cap. Then take bama's Setina pushbar. You then need to model the tow hook and the trailer.

Then you model it those monster truck tires.

We haven't added all the members to the site yet. We have a total of 9 members right now. And normally we would help each other with their entire mod instead of just 1 model/skin. Unless you want a specific person to only do a skin because they are really good at it for one vehicle for your mod. But we don't have decent modelers yet from what I know.

Hi, i have a little question, on our airport is old big rusty crash truck that i vould have in my mod, but i can't finding similar model.

Can you help me ? The truck looks like american and on his left side is sign similar to the oshkosh logo.