Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

Unit wise I am pretty much done for first release so they will be done for Beta.

Something I may consider in a later release.

Wasn't sure if you meant you wish we had proper riots in Kent or in-game :D

Aww I would have loved to see that, biggest riot I have had was only about 50 dead/injured.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I forgot this but 3 days ago marked one whole year since the start of this topic! I don't finish a lot of things I start which was why originally I was hesitating putting this mod up on the site and if you told me back then I would still be making good progress a year later I wouldn't have believed it at all. However what kept this project going was everyone's support on here, I didn't want to stop it to let people down and there is no way I would even consider it today.

This topic currently has 69,023 views and 1,247 posts and I would have never thought it would reach anything near to those numbers. You have all provided the much needed constructive criticism, questions and suggestions that I hope makes you all feel like part of this project.

When is Alpha release?

I am now on the FINAL section before release, I will be making slight fixes and prepping everything to go but there is no telling how long this will take (However I stick to my word that it will be out this month or very early next). I want to make it clear that after release I am not stopping or taking a 5 year break - I will be continuing with the mod to get to Beta then full release while updating you as often as I can (Like I do now).

What's going to be added after Alpha?

The rest of the units (People, Vehicles) - Yes there are a LOT more left - A new map (Either created from scratch by me if I can work it all out or an edited version of a current map [Original Freeplay or one available for download]) and of course all the Scripts and various environment models to go with it,

yay cant wait :)

Wow! Those 'riots' sound great! :( shame I haven't seen that...

Not in real life. :/

A moving dish would make sense. :)

Amazing and inspirational speech there Mr Scotty! You deserve all the support you've had and more for all of your devotion! And congrats on getting this far! ;)__

Would be really awesome if you kept up this work! ;)

I remember killing firefighters in the freight yard due to contamination when I first played this game. Lol

I was playing London mod 1.2.5 and got a fire in the industrial area, thinking nothing, I just sent regular firefighters there. Unfortunately by the time they started to sort the fires out, a building with chemicals set on fire. The chemicals got released and 12 firefighters as well as 4 civillians became injured. I sent in HAZMAT paramedics and HAZMAT firefighters to the scene to clear everything. Fighting the fire took about half an hour because of how much time was spent on decontamination and sorting out all the infected people ( A few civillians had walked off by the time HAZMAT units arrived ) took about 5 minutes.

Not that much compared to yours but it escalated so fast from a regular callout to a state of emergency so fast because of my mistakes :mad: Now when I get a fire in the industrial parts of the map I always send hazmat firefighters and the IRU just incase.

Exactly what I used to do and do now. I started off playing just London Mod 1.2.5 then I expanded to Welfordshire. Shortly after I got Helping Peter and Copenhagen Mod. This morning I downloaded NYC, Manchester (NH) and LA Mod about 1 hr ago. This mod looks so good, I will be defo getting it and I have been here since page one :)

Will there be an option to put the riot shield up/down on the vans?

Amazing and inspirational speech there Mr Scotty! You deserve all the support you've had and more for all of your devotion! And congrats on getting this far! ;)__

I remember killing firefighters in the freight yard due to contamination when I first played this game. Lol

Thanks very much, I hate speeches to be honest, always sound so cheesy :P

Well that's one way of doing it I guess lol.

Will there be an option to put the riot shield up/down on the vans?

I
      I
     V

Possibly, it would be a case of if I can get it working rather then having the time  :)

Working on getting 2 more units sorted with lighting, it's taking me a long time though because my computer has been screwing up

Thanks very much, I hate speeches to be honest, always sound so cheesy :P

Well that's one way of doing it I guess lol.

I

I

V

Ok thank you, I thought that was referring to something else when I saw it. I didn't really pay attention, sorry and thanks for replying as always :)

Unit wise I am pretty much done for first release so they will be done for Beta.

Something I may consider in a later release.

Wasn't sure if you meant you wish we had proper riots in Kent or in-game :D

Aww I would have loved to see that, biggest riot I have had was only about 50 dead/injured.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I forgot this but 3 days ago marked one whole year since the start of this topic! I don't finish a lot of things I start which was why originally I was hesitating putting this mod up on the site and if you told me back then I would still be making good progress a year later I wouldn't have believed it at all. However what kept this project going was everyone's support on here, I didn't want to stop it to let people down and there is no way I would even consider it today.

This topic currently has 69,023 views and 1,247 posts and I would have never thought it would reach anything near to those numbers. You have all provided the much needed constructive criticism, questions and suggestions that I hope makes you all feel like part of this project.

When is Alpha release?

I am now on the FINAL section before release, I will be making slight fixes and prepping everything to go but there is no telling how long this will take (However I stick to my word that it will be out this month or very early next). I want to make it clear that after release I am not stopping or taking a 5 year break - I will be continuing with the mod to get to Beta then full release while updating you as often as I can (Like I do now).

What's going to be added after Alpha?

The rest of the units (People, Vehicles) - Yes there are a LOT more left - A new map (Either created from scratch by me if I can work it all out or an edited version of a current map [Original Freeplay or one available for download]) and of course all the Scripts and various environment models to go with it,

Woah hold the presses did i just read this right release initially some time this month or next? That's much sooner than I thought man I love you (in the strictly plutonic sense lol) if there's any else I can do to help besides the big testing we already agreed then let me know you've done an amazing job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thank you, I thought that was referring to something else when I saw it. I didn't really pay attention, sorry and thanks for replying as always :)

Haha no problem :)

Did you ever get those foot patrols working?

I haven't yet looked into it, I shall have a crack at it after the summer probably. 

Woah hold the presses did i just read this right release initially some time this month or next? That's much sooner than I thought man I love you (in the strictly plutonic sense lol) if there's any else I can do to help besides the big testing we already agreed then let me know you've done an amazing job

Thanks very much, it's actually a bit later then I planned, it was meant to be about 2 weeks ago but I was behind by a lot :P

Well I look forward to trying every aspect of the mod especially the personnel just wish I knew how to transfer the personnel into another personal mod I am trying to make

Well I look forward to trying every aspect of the mod especially the personnel just wish I knew how to transfer the personnel into another personal mod I am trying to make

You should be able to simply copy and past the model and prototype files, this will keep all the traits and commands.

You should be able to simply copy and past the model and prototype files, this will keep all the traits and commands.

Thank you for that will try that once I get the files

Another question, will there be the speed changing script that BMA made it will change the vehicles speed when the lights are activated rather than just moving them?

If you know where I can find it I'll go and ask the permission for it :)

It's in the Montana mod, they also have a script where if you hold shift when moving a vehicle it will move at civilian speed with no lights or sirens

Thanks for the welcome :) I put my email because I didn't know I could PM people, how would I do this? As for progress I started a couple of days ago and have made a little bit of progress. All of which will be posted.

Well, hope I didn't disappoint :P

eed8fL.png

Ladders are completely finished, now I will do some more scripts and specs stuff then in a few days I will be away for two weeks (No Wifi - boo :( ). I have a lot of stuff planned to do during those two weeks to then be able to release the Alpha version of the mod very soon after!

Edit:- I have also increased the amount of time a bomb takes to explode so that this incident can be played out a lot more realistically instead of just madly scrambling a bomb disposal team and just driving away after it. 

UF6AD8.png

Some of the new Police units and personnel, still much more to show! :)

0PFALh.png

from not able to send a pm to making this mod wow scotty you are the best!!

I have sent him a message on Facebook regarding it, I'm not sure if there is anywhere to download it or if you do need permission, there is a pepperspray script by him also. I know where to find the pepperspray script, it's on his website if you want the website link then I can link it for you :)

Update - He has replied saying (these were the exact words): "The speed script is just a minor add on to the move script, but I'm not by my computer at the moment though to send it". I sent him a PM on FB to the 'CPH Airport Modification', he replied immediately and you could also PM him on here, hope this helps :)

from not able to send a pm to making this mod wow scotty you are the best!!

Haha I remember that, thanks!

I have sent him a message on Facebook regarding it, I'm not sure if there is anywhere to download it or if you do need permission, there is a pepperspray script by him also. I know where to find the pepperspray script, it's on his website if you want the website link then I can link it for you :)

Update - He has replied saying (these were the exact words): "The speed script is just a minor add on to the move script, but I'm not by my computer at the moment though to send it". I sent him a PM on FB to the 'CPH Airport Modification', he replied immediately and you could also PM him on here, hope this helps :)

Thanks XTX, I am in contact with him but wanted to know if there was a place to download it first.

Yup had the pepperspray script in the mod for a while now :)

LOL so true!

I remember when Potty put his email up and now he's making just about the best UK mod, if not overall best mod, ever!

Believe me there are some much better mods out there :P

Haha I remember that, thanks!

Thanks XTX, I am in contact with him but wanted to know if there was a place to download it first.

Yup had the pepperspray script in the mod for a while now :)

Believe me there are some much better mods out there :P

It's been good seeing the mod progress (I was here from the start, however this account wasnt made then). Some of the early models weren't too good, but now there's nothing to complain about at all.

u mean the peberspray script and are we looking to have officers with tazers in the mod because beat officers in dover are starting to carry tazers

Dont take my word for it, but I'm guessing that for the first release nearly everything is done so he wouldnt want to delay it by adding new stuff in. But the tazer script will probably be put in in a further release if it hasnt been added already.

Dont take my word for it, but I'm guessing that for the first release nearly everything is done so he wouldnt want to delay it by adding new stuff in. But the tazer script will probably be put in in a further release if it hasnt been added already.

This sounds amazing, Firearms officers in the mod will have the pistol, tazer and a bigger gun I guess, not too sure about the pepperspray