Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

You are correct BTP only covers trains, I'm not to sure why they don't call it British Trains Police.

Correct (I always thought airports but now I realize that it was a CO19 Uniform I saw). I'm not sure why it's called "Transport" either as that seems like a general term.

"We are the national police force for the railways. Every day, we police the journeys of more than six million passengers. Our aim is to get you home safe, secure and on time."

Yeah, when I was younger I thought BTP were traffic police. :P

One question, will the next release feature return to base commands? When I first played this I was like "its barely playable without it", but I manage quite fine now with the fire engines. Just wondering? :P

One question, will the next release feature return to base commands? When I first played this I was like "its barely playable without it", but I manage quite fine now with the fire engines. Just wondering? :P

Possibly not next release (Maybe) but not in a years time haha. 

---------------------

BTP...Boots!

2015_08_14_00033.jpg

Possibly not next release (Maybe) but not in a years time haha.

---------------------

BTP...Boots!

2015_08_14_00033.jpg

Boot looks absolutely fabulous!! I know it's only for role play but how will you go about opening it and will you do the same for other vehicles that have boots in the model??

Are you going to do BTP medics?

I don't think so, there won't be as many BTP personnel as there is Kent.

Boot looks absolutely fabulous!! I know it's only for role play but how will you go about opening it and will you do the same for other vehicles that have boots in the model??

It can be opened and closed like the Lockers on the Fire Appliances (Instead of just opening and closing within seconds when you get equipment from the vehicle). Yes I am currently doing the Great Boot Revamp :D

Sorry to come in on the convo a little after its been spoken about.

BTP are a national force that cover as has been mentioned only the railway infustructure, BTP does have a lot of history. The armed element of BTP was brought in because of the threat like seen in the Mumbai attrosity. Currently the armed element is only present in London. Other major cities like Birmingham and Manchester would call on the assistance of the home office force in that area.

There are around 3000 warranted officers within BTP however; given the geographical area covered I am confident you will appreciate why you don't always see officers parent at all stations.

It's nice that the up and coming mods have included BTP. The Kent mod is an excellent example of this and sits well with all the excellent models showcased. Very much look forward to the forth coming updates. :-)

Pledge

(sorry to have gone off topic slightly)

Quick question, will TFU have an unmarked van (SWP use Merc Vito) and will TFU hve any additional plans or abilities than shown already?

Maybe a HQ with a kill house, etc.

Also, is it possible to add audio such as "ARMED POLICE, DROP THE GUN" or the sorts for related actions?

Thanks.

Wow, this mod is just getting better and better. There has been so many comments and posts by you and other people in the week I have been away, I have literally just got back from Cornwall. I like the boot opening feature :)

Hope you enjoyed your time away!

Quick question, will TFU have an unmarked van (SWP use Merc Vito) and will TFU hve any additional plans or abilities than shown already?

Maybe a HQ with a kill house, etc.

Also, is it possible to add audio such as "ARMED POLICE, DROP THE GUN" or the sorts for related actions?

Thanks.

Yes TFU will have an unmarked van (In fact I have already added one). TFU will be based at the Police Station to be made for the new map but I don't think they would be getting a practice area as this is in the Police Training School.

Audio at those points would be something I would like to try to implement.

Hope you enjoyed your time away!

Yes TFU will have an unmarked van (In fact I have already added one). TFU will be based at the Police Station to be made for the new map but I don't think they would be getting a practice area as this is in the Police Training School.

Audio at those points would be something I would like to try to implement.

That's great!

Will they have Boot lights???

Unfortunately I don't think I will be doing boot lights because of the way lighting works in EM4. The lights would not move with the boot and therefore you would always have these floating lights behind the vehicles. Unless I can add a third lighting option it won't be happening. 

I would guess the simplest way of adding a third (or more) lighting option would be to use the various traffic light options as extras then modify a blue light script to turn on/off the lights designated as traffic lights on the particular vehicle.

Or actually, edit the open boot script so that when the boot is opened, it enables certain lights.

I would guess the simplest way of adding a third (or more) lighting option would be to use the various traffic light options as extras then modify a blue light script to turn on/off the lights designated as traffic lights on the particular vehicle.

Or actually, edit the open boot script so that when the boot is opened, it enables certain lights.

Yeah I am currently using Traffic Light Green as the Scene Lights (Which is why you can have Rear Reds and Scene lights separate) so I will try making a new script doing the same thing now.

That second option I would have never thought of!

Yeah I am currently using Traffic Light Green as the Scene Lights (Which is why you can have Rear Reds and Scene lights separate) so I will try making a new script doing the same thing now.

That second option I would have never thought of!

The second option might actually be the better option if you can work it out. It would avoid having an extra light command if those lights turned on automatically when the boot opened.

The second option might actually be the better option if you can work it out. It would avoid having an extra light command if those lights turned on automatically when the boot opened.

Yeah I would prefer to do this option but I am unsure how to do it.

However the other method is currently working (But you can not have the Hazard Light Ability on vehicles with boot lights, same as with scenelights).

boot lights would be awesome if added!

Nice to hear you are doing other boots :)

The sounds you where talking about would be very interesting and I'm sure add a lot to the mod if you could do them