THVFD

River Falls Mod (Fictional) (Private)

At this current state River Falls will not be released publicly but the mod will continue and be completed to as far of having a new map and new custom buildings.

i will continue to release screenshots and updates of the mod and youtube videos.

have a very nice day enjoy the screenshots and eventully youtube videos.

signed TH

• Downvote 1

If it's because of all this copyright crap that's a shame that another mod is denied public access because of this useless drama that happened. 

Its not that at all. Its because

• The mod community would just steal from THVFD once the mod is released
  • The drama is caused by uncooperative modders who refuse to credit others, not the moderators
  • Public access is denied because the author wont comply, not that he or she has made a tiny mistake. If you fix the mistake, you will be unharmed
  • I made a credit mistake, I corrected it, I wasn't banned or whatever.

Believe what you want to believe. There is no witchunt. There is not instigation. There is nothing but whining authors.

• The drama is caused by uncooperative modders who refuse to credit others, not the moderators
  • Public access is denied because the author wont comply, not that he or she has made a tiny mistake. If you fix the mistake, you will be unharmed

Believe what you want to believe. There is no witchunt. There is not instigation. There is nothing but whining authors.

So, your files are shut down, and you do not wish people to use your works?

I was told to shut them down by the people on Facebook, because apparently this whole credit thing is my fault. So I let them have what they wanted. :)

people do that as their upset that they can not do what you do hell look at modding for gta that is a clear example off it so its not your falut man your a good modder who learned the skills and used your skills to make your stuff and you showed people they can learn the skills and do it so be proud man

On a side note I agree with you that some people need to stop making this drama sound like a witch hunt...but anyways...

Just take your time with it man. A well made mod takes time.

Also don't let the fans of your mod or even nay sayers dictate how you run your mod or mod team. It is not them putting in the work, it is you and your team. Don't lose your mod identity in the bullshit of drama.

If it's because of all this copyright crap that's a shame that another mod is denied public access because of this useless drama that happened. 

Can I tell you something, because this really needs to be said.

Me and several modders have closed our things down in protest of the childishness of the community as a whole over this whole copyright thing. This whole thing was blown out of proportion due to some uncooperative authors trying to revolt against the site and its officers.

Due to the fact that a number of content creators were blamed for this issue, we have decided to close down our things until you all realize how important moderation, crediting and most of all, respect, is necessary in a functioning community.

Should be interesting to see how this whole boycott lasts... whole thing is ridiculous. 

It will last as long as it needs to. As long as the community feels that its okay to disrespect us, then it will be this way.

Don't forget that the only reason this thing started is because the forum browsers decided to make it an issue. The content creators then watched as the fingers pointed at them and decided, its not profitable or worthwhile to put our blood, sweat and tears into a community that simply doesnt give a damn about us.

All the people want is a constant stream of 'new' content regardless of quality. If someone breaks the chain, they are hated and railroaded. Since the community wants 200 reskin mods with the same vehicles over and over again, this is what they will get. Which is why most of the model makers here have left. Its also why I've shut my things down, because like people have said, that my models cause problems for them.

Content creators don't need to invest time in Em4 because we have lives outside of it, and we could choose to take our talents to other games such as GTAV. More importantly, if people say that the content creators are the ones destroying EmP, what incentive do we have to continue making things for these people?

Its also terrible that OC makers like us have absolutely no security over our content. Any random chump could just reupload it somewhere else and slap their name on it, and nothing could be done about it. If you call us greedy for thinking this way, then you probably are part of the problem. If I stole your car, then the police caught me, and then I were to blame you for having a car in the first place, wouldn't you be mad too?

The boycott is basically our way of saying that we have rights as content creators. Now here's the flipside to that. People here feel so entitiled to be able to get to play a mod that they will take anything that is given, stolen or poor quality, and bow down to that author as long as the flow is constant. The sense of entitilement is what has ruined this site. "We are the community so we deserve new mods everyday" attitude is the root cause of the community going this direction. The moderators are only there to enforce the site's rules that these entitled people feel are unreasonable in every single form.

The audience who aren't able to make anything besides reskins are gonna have one long boring summer without original content (OC). Its their choice and there is no one else to blame but them.

If you think a content creator standing up for him/herself is ridiculous, then don't expect us to want to mod for this place. This kind of attitude scares of potential OC creators as well.

The truth is, that the moderators are enforcing a rule that has existed for years. Only now have they decided to act upon it. There could be a variety of reasons, but the most likely one I assume is that the site has been sued because of some content here that belongs to someone else. Due to the way lawsuits work, the moderators and Stan aren't able to speak about it publicly.

That is why they have started the crackdown, probably because they don't want to get sued, and so the site doesnt get shut down. If anything, the lawsuit should go after the author who stole the things and not the site itself.

Sorry for hijacking THVFD's thread. I will take any punishment that is handed out to me by the authorities.

Well said itch. I am pulling my mod pack from the downloads and also models I made for others.

Which is a shame because I showed Mikey my new pack I was going to release, but now not anymore.

And I agree with you statement about original content. If people just want reskins, then they can have as much as they want. I won't waste my time.

Well said itch. I am pulling my mod pack from the downloads and also models I made for others.

Which is a shame because I showed Mikey my new pack I was going to release, but now not anymore.

And I agree with you statement about original content. If people just want reskins, then they can have as much as they want. I won't waste my time.

Naah. Show it to MikeyPI and give it to me.

Honestly this whole thing with people stealing others shit will destroy this site if it continues.. and it probably will.

And if you believe that content creators' complaints are ridicoulous, then you are contributing to the site's demise.

I'm not saying the content creators complaints are ridiculous. What i'm saying is that people stealing other people's stuff and not crediting or someone freaking out because they got questioned about it and making a big deal about being questioned. That's ridiculous. The content creators should be able to protect there stuff because certain modders like helljumper, yourself, Hoppah, MikeyPI etc etc, spend countless hours producing mods for our enjoyment, and people take it for granted. .