JrFF34

[WIP] LAX/Additional Units Sub Mod

this is what the USAF use at RAF Mildenhall in England if you need some ideas for the trucks or stuff evengh though your going with LAX

091012-F-8820I-001.jpg

Nice work. How ever you are missing the amber light that all airport vehicles are required to have.

Before those of you that say they have their emergency lights so that counts.. ummm no it doesn't. If it is a dedicated airport vehicle it is required to have a amber light.

Like I said looks great though :-)

Nice work. How ever you are missing the amber light that all airport vehicles are required to have.

Before those of you that say they have their emergency lights so that counts.. ummm no it doesn't. If it is a dedicated airport vehicle it is required to have a amber light.

Like I said looks great though :-)

Ive never seen one on LAX's engine 

Errr... that is not the Amber lights I was talking about... See the Amber light just above the light bar... That is what I am talking about.  If the Truck is not in an emergency stage then the Amber light is suppose to be on... If in Emergency, regular emergency lights apply.Vancouver-Airport-Red-9-by-Shane-Mackich

LAX doesnt use those....

I ran into a little issue and need some help. I had originally placed the .dds file as fire_engine1.dds just for testing purposes and for the mod I wanted to create the vehicle as an additional unit. I've placed files in the units, models, prototypes and edited lines in files in the specs folder... everything has been made the same, fire_enginelax, I cannot however get the truck to show up with the LAX skin, it is spawning with the original LAFD skin. Any help?

Let's see, have you...

• Changed the texture filename in the new model file
  • Changed the prototype to point to the new model file

Might not have changed the prototype to point to the new file. Is that done via editor ?

There are USAF bases that share runways with civilian airports. If you made one of those you could make the police Security Forces and the rest of the town a base. I can send some pics of SF cars if you want. Im active duty and just so happen to be SF. It would be awesome if you could replicate that. For those that aren't familiar with the Air Force Security Forces is the Air Force's Military Police. 

Yeah all LA Mod trucks have amber lights.. LAX is 95% the same truck minus being a seagrave. 

LAFD uses many Seagraves like this and older Seagraves as well. I can't comment how similar the bodies are in terms of the non LAX Seagraves of the same model.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/5959980869/in/set-72157627147601013

http://www.extraalarm.org/Roving_trips/roving_13/Roving13_Day11.php (Scroll to the bottom and look for Engine 217)

LAFD uses many Seagraves like this and older Seagraves as well. I can't comment how similar the bodies are in terms of the non LAX Seagraves of the same model.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/5959980869/in/set-72157627147601013

http://www.extraalarm.org/Roving_trips/roving_13/Roving13_Day11.php (Scroll to the bottom and look for Engine 217)

I'd have to say the body of the truck has to be quite similar to the pierces and seagraves. There may be a few changes but as for looks, they appear the same except for the cab. 

UPDATE: Few units featured for showcase. Credit goes to Hoppah. 

Fx36Qi1.png