rafaelmfernandez

[RELEASED] Brooklyn "Borough of Fire" (BOF) Modification

I'm not a pro in emergency services, but I'm curious, why on many pics and videos there are sooo many units present, and only two-three are actually puttin out fires? 

Like this one: http://i.imgur.com/6qByEwm.jpg

There are like 27 FFs, and only ladders doing some work. 

Or here.http://i.imgur.com/1XecV4C.jpg Looks like those guys are only after that grill chicken lol

We use real life responses, For that fire they would of gotten: 4 Engines 3 Trucks 2 Battalions 1 Division and the Squad and Rescue.

At a fire you have command outside, you have an engine company or two doing interior fire operations, the truck, rescue and squad doing primary searches, a FAST Truck standing by outside and relief companies for when the companies operating need someone to take over and replace them. In our case we can't send all our guys in the building so we stage them outside. Plus the picture was right after a fire so everyone was packing up and not spraying water and doing work. 

We use real life responses, For that fire they would of gotten: 4 Engines 3 Trucks 2 Battalions 1 Division and the Squad and Rescue.

Oh I see. Basically the reason why Im asking is that in Winterberg, for example, where most actions are automatized, I always had one-two guys doing the job while the rest of the crew stayed still till I assign manually a task. So I asked just in case you created a similar system :)

Awesome mod! Manhattan 3.05c runs flawlessly..one suggestion I would make is with all the parks on the map add the NYC park patrol..yeah we already have the auxillary police which it would basically duplicate, but it would add realism for the cost of re-skinning a SUV or pickup truck and a officer. all being said massively looking forward to this next installment!

All news for NYCERU Developments will be actively posted in here as well as there corresponding mod threads. 

This goes for new gameplay Videos, developments, announcements, and screenshots.

04/25/14

tewLeGw.png

Optimization Statistics:

Size of the mod before Optimization: 2.63 Gbs

Size of the mod following Optimization: 1.63 Gbs

If you cant do the math that is 1Gb of junk shaved off.

Average amount of polygons per FDNY Model before: 60,000

Average amount of polygons per FDNY Model after: No more than 10,000

Average FPS Before Optimization: 15-20 FPS

Average FPS Now: 40-50 FPS

Did the mod work on Intel cards before?

Does it work now: YES (And smooth)

Well I will start with this, I have never worked so hard in my life in such a short period of time. I worked basically 12 hours non stop for 4 days optimizing. That means redoing the rigs and textures for all the FDNY units. Resizing textures and removing useless stuff from the map. I am glad to announce, the Brooklyn Modification is now friendly with Intel Graphics cards. We also took this time to add details to the rig that have never been incorporated since we have been modding. We have added doors (Passenger, and equipment) to all fire apparatus. We have done animations for all of the Ladders. (Both of the Rear mounts and the Tower Ladders). We have redone the entire Tower Ladder model using blue prints. We have also added some very cool features shown in the tech preview below : 

Realistic sound effect while the Ladder Support legs are coming down/up

PASS Alarm sounds when an SCBA Equipped Firefighter has fallen. 

Realistic shake on rigs when the support legs are brought down.

Equipment and Passenger Doors now open on Fire Apparatus. 

New skins on firefighters (Updated Helmets, firehouse T-shirts)

Also another part of our announcement is that we have opened up a whole section of the Emergency Planet forums for our development team. Check it out here and be sure to subscribe for updates and rock our new signatures we will be posting in the BOF, News, and General Topics! 

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/forum/122-nyceru-modding/

We are sorry that our huge announcement was not the Release but we feel this was much bigger news. Stay tuned for more updates!

Y6m9mb2.png
Hr28ESD.png
csWUsFY.png
JK9GPIk.png
upF0gRX.png
tdFOMA4.png

Support Banners (Check front page of the thread for links)

Rock these stylish banners around the forums. 

AtRXI8E.png

OGTghMR.png

ZIp436u.png

Thankyou raf and your team, I'm sure all us intel users are excited as I am. This hopefully means an influx of new multiplayer members for you. From a technical perspective, this mod seems like your best so far (next question is, can Manhattan be similarly optimised? ;) )

PS, if you're still looking to increase optimisation, then removing the intense radiation effects from lighting is bound to free up processing power for weaker cards.

Wow, I'm stoked for the release now!  After just seeing those new models and reading everything you posted, I can't wait.  I gotta say though, I thought for sure that I'd find a download link in that post somewhere, that was a good joke...  :dry:

But honestly, everything looks sweet and the Manhattan mod runs pretty smooth on my computer (which isn't too great by any means...), so I can't wait to see how smooth this one will play.

[

This is why I love the work you and your team are doing. While I'm waiting for my new PC, I'll be able to enjoy the game.Thank you and the suspense is killing me! :D

Edited by Newfoundking
You don't need to quote a whole giant post