rafaelmfernandez

[RELEASED] Brooklyn "Borough of Fire" (BOF) Modification

Check out our latest features:

Minimap Debut: Our first preview of our minimap, giving future players an idea of the layout of the map.

New Units (Engine 233, 271, Ladder 176, Field Communications Unit and RAC Unit 2)

Field Comm @ 11:53

RAC 2 @ 09:19

New Smoke effects (New large smoke plume effect visible for miles!)

@ 11:18 New Audio (New sirens, new ladder hydraulic sounds)

@ 1:17 & 12:07 Our replica of the FDNY MDT (Mobile Data Terminal) used to dispatch units and for the dispatcher to keep track who is responding, available, and onscene.

FDNY Staten Island Dispatcher 276, a new member at NYCERU (Our multiplayer group) joins us.

NYCERU Multiplayer Group
Teamspeak IP: 64.154.38.226:9494

L111 - Mark Gregory
Bn37/Field Comm - Andrew Brennan (AKB360)

Thanks to FDNY Dispatcher Mike, and John Hopper "Butters"

The new smoke looks awesome, and I'm liking the amount of realism on fire scenes with the ventilation and stuff.  Everything looks pretty sweet.  If I have one negative comment, I would just say that some of the map textures aren't doing it for me...I don't know what it is, but some of the streets and stuff look kinda plain or something.  Still, the amount of new gameplay features will outweigh that.

The new smoke looks awesome, and I'm liking the amount of realism on fire scenes with the ventilation and stuff.  Everything looks pretty sweet.  If I have one negative comment, I would just say that some of the map textures aren't doing it for me...I don't know what it is, but some of the streets and stuff look kinda plain or something.  Still, the amount of new gameplay features will outweigh that.

Thanks for the feedback, Dyson has the latest version and is going to see if he can work on the map texture.

This weekend a large scale optimization project on the current version of the Brooklyn Modification will take place. I will be going through all of the current Units and combining all of the textures into one file. This will reduce the size of the mod by over 200Mbs, extremely reduce loading times AND hopefully allow Intel users and other low spec PCs the ability to run the mod. We will formally announce when we find out how successful the optimization is. Stay tuned and hope for the best!

This weekend a large scale optimization project on the current version of the Brooklyn Modification will take place. I will be going through all of the current Units and combining all of the textures into one file. This will reduce the size of the mod by over 200Mbs, extremely reduce loading times AND hopefully allow Intel users and other low spec PCs the ability to run the mod. We will formally announce when we find out how successful the optimization is. Stay tuned and hope for the best!

Formally announce what? Release date? 

I'm not a pro in emergency services, but I'm curious, why on many pics and videos there are sooo many units present, and only two-three are actually puttin out fires? 

Like this one: http://i.imgur.com/6qByEwm.jpg

There are like 27 FFs, and only ladders doing some work. 

Or here.http://i.imgur.com/1XecV4C.jpg Looks like those guys are only after that grill chicken lol