mariuswww

Quint ladder / engine idea

Hello!

I'm currently working on the Stillwater modification and i've been playing with the idea about making a quint type of rig. At first it seems unlikley to happend, but I know there are some badass scripters out there that might just be able to help me out.

I'm thinking of having the "engine" set as a GTF. Then when you install the "ladder", the model would switch to a DLK. But that will obviously present issues such as, DLK messing with the hoses attached to the engine (GTF) and it would change the water level in the rig to a fully filled DLK when installed. 

So for me, with extremly limited scripting "skills", its not gonna happend. But if anyone could give me a hand I would be so happy. 

In other news the Stillwater is starting to come together pretty nicely. Gameplay is improving everyday with loads of new scripts and features. And hopefully a quint :)

Any tips or inputs are appriciated!

Happy new year! 

Marius Waskaas

- Leader of Stillwater Mod

I would imagine the process be similar to that used to spawn the deck gun, but instead of needing to create a second vehicle for the gun you would have to create a second vehicle for the fire hose lines. This is all theoretical though, mind you

Edit: I would imagine that this method would be indefinitely easier than trying to spawn a second vehicle for the ladder or such. Again, this is all in theory

I would imagine the process be similar to that used to spawn the deck gun, but instead of needing to create a second vehicle for the gun you would have to create a second vehicle for the fire hose lines. This is all theoretical though, mind you

Edit: I would imagine that this method would be indefinitely easier than trying to spawn a second vehicle for the ladder or such. Again, this is all in theory

Indeed, that would be my idea too.  You can either spawn the hose connections, or spawn the entire ladder base (kinda like the reversed ladder script). The water supply logic may be problematic indeed, but I'd prioritize things first. Get the combination to work first, then look at the water supply compatibility.

What kind of scripts you all got in the Stillwater Mod?

Indeed, that would be my idea too.  You can either spawn the hose connections, or spawn the entire ladder base (kinda like the reversed ladder script). The water supply logic may be problematic indeed, but I'd prioritize things first. Get the combination to work first, then look at the water supply compatibility.

What kind of scripts you all got in the Stillwater Mod?

As off now we got your limited water supply script, BMA script, all of the script that came with LA mod (mod based off LA Mod) and many other small scripts.

If you (anyone) want to help me im usually on Meru teamspeak 64.154.38.226:9494.

Im gonna start getting a model of a quint going :)

*Update*

I've found a model of a quint! The model package the Helljumper51 uploaded here on the forum contained a really cool one. So thats sorted :)

Yeah like hoppah said spawning a virtual vehicle would work, I'm pretty sure that's how the LA mod got TLF trucks to hook up so it should be the same principle, perhaps even the same script, try editing the script (I haven't looked at it so you'd have to check if this is even possible) to allow TLF and DLK as the unit type for the attach script and then create connectors as childs named 'pump1' etc, probably still missing something but hypothetically that sounds about right.

x

As off now we got your limited water supply script, BMA script, all of the script that came with LA mod (mod based off LA Mod) and many other small scripts.

If you (anyone) want to help me im usually on Meru teamspeak 64.154.38.226:9494.

Im gonna start getting a model of a quint going :)

*Update*

I've found a model of a quint! The model package the Helljumper51 uploaded here on the forum contained a really cool one. So thats sorted :)

when will the mod be out

when will the mod be out

Might want to read the forums rules.  

*asking for the release date of a mod in any way;

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/7860-about-emergency-planetcom-the-rules-and-this-forum/