TheHockeydude39

[WIP] Stillwater Modification [Fictional]

So with the recent shifts in helpers & the issues with the files where does the mod stand ? Just Curious

From my understanding there is still alot of work to do. We have lighting to do for the vehicles, texturing to finish, scripting/paths to work on and the map itself needs to be finished up.

Are you all planning on adding tasers to this mod? I am pretty sure that almost every Law Enforcement agency nowadays uses tasers...

This would be cool, but there is a reason that basically no mod has them in the mod. Most people know that they use tasers, but its the scripting and the use in game and what they would do that makes it difficult to get in game. You would have to be a certain distance away for one, and all the scripting before it even can be shot, and also, the effects, how would you be able to make the "victim" of the taser be able to convulse and look like electricity is going through there body lol.... but yeah that would be cool, rather than having to injure them and take them to the hospital. 

I know the London mod has tasers, as I understand it the Queensland mod has the script available to anyone who wants to add it to their mod. I like options that don't involve my officers being injured being injured in every arrest as healing them gets old and is unrealistic. I am un-familiar with the scripting but couldn't they just take the taser script (with permission) from some mod that uses them and add it into the game?

Are you all planning on adding tasers to this mod? I am pretty sure that almost every Law Enforcement agency nowadays uses tasers...

I personally don't see the point in tasers for this game. It is pretty easy to take a suspect down even without using a gun.

UPDATE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to present you with the next update; showcasing some units that have already been seen though now they're up close and complete, with the lightbars that they'll have in the final version. Also added some new banners if people are looking for some variation. The following units showcased are in the following order: Stillwater Sheriff Crown Victoria (21TR), Stillwater Sheriff Chevrolet Impala (Whelen Justice), State Police Crown Victoria Slicktop, State Police Dodge Charger (S2 Arjent). I have also updated the Mammoth Lake Sheriff skin though that is not ready for showcase yet, and work continues on the map and lights, as well as the Fire Department vehicles.

As well always work is subject to change if we see fit, and any errors you see in the textures or likewise will be taken care of by the time the mod is ready for release. Model credits go to NNICO for the Crown Victoria and Chevrolet Impala, and Cops for the lightbars.

jln4.png

hxp2.png

fhjr.png

96xe.png

obdf.png44hn.png

nfj.pngx09e.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6oas.png

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8883/6oas.png

cxia.png

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4432/cxia.png

hj85.png

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1993/hj85.png

They all look brilliant, I do have one question however: What is the law enforcement set up for this "area"?  Is the county called Stillwater County hence the Stillwater Sheriff's Department? If not then how does it all "work"? Most counties I'm familiar with have a name and then multiple cities in the county each with independent PDs working independently of the Sheriff's Department. Just curious about this, either way everything looks brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing some FD units!

They all look brilliant, I do have one question however: What is the law enforcement set up for this "area"?  Is the county called Stillwater County hence the Stillwater Sheriff's Department? If not then how does it all "work"? Most counties I'm familiar with have a name and then multiple cities in the county each with independent PDs working independently of the Sheriff's Department. Just curious about this, either way everything looks brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing some FD units!

That's a good question, and as I am not from the USA I hope I can answer it properly. The Stillwater Sheriff Department are the main law enforcement agency in the Town of Stillwater, and hence, will be units that spawn on the map; we may even introduce a limited capacity so that you only have 2-3 Crown Victoria's at your disposal, an impala and a 4x4 unit etc, though this isn't yet confirmed. You may have to imagine that the Stillwater Sheriff Department are also responsible for the areas around the town, but that is irrelevant because the map only focuses on the town. Mammoth Lake are a mutual aid town of Stillwater, and hence, I've now changed it to only give their Sheriff's Office one or two units, perhaps only a Crown Victoria. The Fire Department of Mammoth Lake will have more units, though the Mammoth Lake Sheriff should be viewed as a way to give the player more units to play with and have greater control of a situation; say there is a major incident and the limited resources of Stillwater's Department require a few local units for assistance, bit like the soldiers in Hoppah's US Army Mod sometimes require a local ambulance. Indeed, the State Police are obviously a state-wide body, and can assist in many of this instances, hence they have a wide selection of units. An example I could give you would be a substantial fire that requires a greater input of resources, or perhaps a police pursuit that has crossed a county boundary, and so Mammoth Lake SO and Stillwater SD are involved in the pursuit.

Although that may seem very complicated, I hope it makes sense; Stillwater SD the main enforcement agency of town, Mammoth Lake SO there to exist as a smaller enforcement body, and State Police the state-wide agency! 

Note: There is also the National Park Police unit (single Crown Victoria) that can obviously respond to incidents on the lake etc.

Nice assortment of lightbars  21TR is rear sharp looking lightbar, Bama1234 mad some for his Montana Mod.  Do u think you guys will be making a mini 21TR?  

No, we probably won't be making mini 21TRs, but that does not necessarily mean it's out of the question; at the moment, I have no intention to, though indeed it's a beauty of a lightbar!

If you look at Florida, the sheriff's departments basically run the show down there unlike in say New Jersey where its the municipal police. You could say that the Stillwater Sheriff's Department is in charge of everything inside the county which include the town of Stillwater. It's common to have a town in a county with the same name. 

If you look at Florida, the sheriff's departments basically run the show down there unlike in say New Jersey where its the municipal police. You could say that the Stillwater Sheriff's Department is in charge of everything inside the county which include the town of Stillwater. It's common to have a town in a county with the same name. 

In Michigan how it works is that there is a sheriff department in every county( 1 of them usually) so they run the "county" things such as jail or whatnot. City police have the main jurisdiction in the city, which includes city limits, schools and such, while sheriffs dont have full authority in city limits, only outside of them. The MSP, or the blue geese(their nickname because of the look and color of their cars), run things like the sheriff but have more authority when things get taken out of town, such as say a car chase that ends up going in other counties, because msp is statewide, versus sheriff or city being only in that certain county. These type of things can be difficult to explain. But sheriffs in michigan unlike in this mod(which its different from state to state), are a department based in the county not in every city. So the sheriff department gets named for the county such as mason, emmet, or mackinac sheriff dept. :) 

Anyways back on topic... I'm really liking the pd cars in this mod :)

The definition of a sheriff's department can vary, for example, here in South Carolina, a sheriff is the director of a county-wide law enforcement agency.  A municipal agency cannot be a "sheriff's office" or a "sheriff's department".  I'm not familiar with how it works anywhere else, but here, the sheriff's deputies have full authority throughout the county, but are simply less present in municipal areas that have their own law enforcement agency.  But, that is specifically South Carolina.  I'm not familiar with public safety law anywhere else, so I can't provide examples from anywhere else.

Also too add, some of you may know but the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is actually the sheriffs department for Clark County. Look into it if you don't know. So yes, sheriff's departments vary in every state as well as this mod. 

It is state to state, Im in Colorado and they also have counties names after the towns. Denver, CO in in Denver County. So you will see Denver Police and Denver Sheriff. So it may be the town of stillwater in stillwater county....