sgtmatt325

Emergency units changing traffic lights

in the freeplay games I've played, it might make a little difference, but in my opinion it would make faster responses if there was a way to script the traffic to PULL OVER for emergency vehicles instead of stopping where they are and making the vehicle go around them. Don't think that would be an easy thing to script.

In reality, traffic is so thin that there would be no real difference in response times. I've yet to have a single instance where the trucks would hit an intersection and have a car come across the way, impeding their flow. The only time I've had speed impediments is when someone in their lane stops, and they have to pass.

Yes, if they would pull over, things would be much smoother, but as discussed 1.32 million times before, now 1.320000001 times, (I liked it better as a nice round number) it cannot be done. At all. It's the way things work in the game, you'd have to rewrite basically the entire game.

In reality, traffic is so thin that there would be no real difference in response times. I've yet to have a single instance where the trucks would hit an intersection and have a car come across the way, impeding their flow. The only time I've had speed impediments is when someone in their lane stops, and they have to pass.

Yes, if they would pull over, things would be much smoother, but as discussed 1.32 million times before, now 1.320000001 times, (I liked it better as a nice round number) it cannot be done. At all. It's the way things work in the game, you'd have to rewrite basically the entire game.

Off topic: Around my area and the deparment i volunteer for we use the strobe light system and it works great but

On the truck i run on we don't have one yet and we have people who pull from the right lane to the leftt in front of us then sit there blocking us.

Back on topic: I've seen the "pull over" thing in the Wegberg mod, But all im looking for is to see if the light system can work if you set something like a gate trigger at the light or make them all red when the vehicle hits a spot before the light

I've never played ze Wegberg mod, but I do have an idea about this matter.

I'm pretty sure it is possible to make civilian vehicles deviate from their original path in the game and make them return to that path again after 10 seconds or so. That would be the hardest component to script. I'd integrate the entire logic with the Siren script, because that script already repeats itself every second (which contains a check to to disable the siren once the vehicle stops moving). An additional component would just check the nearby traffic every second too and make it pull over. No siren, would mean no pulling over, so that would be convenent too imo.

However, a script like this would be buggy. There is virtually no AI existent in this game. If there's little or no space to pull over, vehicles (especially larger ones) WILL get stuck in objects and won't be able to continue their path. Or even worse, vehicles may get stuck in other traffic when they're resuming their original path, which will cause the entire path to be blocked. A solution would be temporarely disabling the physics/collision data of the pulled over vehicles. Vehicles will pull over IN objects (even buildings and persons) then, but the logic does does work and there's less chance of bugs such as blocked traffic. It won't look very pretty, but it would be an awesome addition anyway.

My 2 cents

Hoppah

p.s. Sorry for my English