Rlast

[WIP] Aiken County Submod

Thanks marshal, I'll look into the that. Also, the submod is currently at about 80% completion for version 1. Most of what will be worked on from now on will be making sure everything is working, testing, and getting units and stations working properly in the map.

First off great work so far, I've been keeping my eye on this topic since the beginning and it is progressing very nicely and looks great.

Secondly I re-read through the topic and while there were talks of ideas for the map I didn't see anything that looked concrete. So if you don't mind me asking what is the plan for the map in the first release? Is it going to be the standard LA Mod map, a modified version of that map, or different map?

First off great work so far, I've been keeping my eye on this topic since the beginning and it is progressing very nicely and looks great.

Secondly I re-read through the topic and while there were talks of ideas for the map I didn't see anything that looked concrete. So if you don't mind me asking what is the plan for the map in the first release? Is it going to be the standard LA Mod map, a modified version of that map, or different map?

Hey, thanks for your interest since the beginning :)

The map for v1 is currently being debated, however, we may us the w00ds map! If not, we'll probably use the default LA or simply a freeplay map.

Rlast.

Hey, thanks for your interest since the beginning :)

The map for v1 is currently being debated, however, we may us the w00ds map! If not, we'll probably use the default LA or simply a freeplay map.

Rlast.

Sounds good. For one of the submods I play a lot I switch the freeplay map to the w00ds map (second edition) and I enjoy it quite a bit. A word of warning if yo do you it, be sure to do some testing and be prepared to edit some spawn points (and other traffic related things). The traffic can get really really bad and cause some huge back-ups if you don't tone it down. Took me some time to get it to a good level of traffic that usually doesn't cause serious back ups.

Sounds good. For one of the submods I play a lot I switch the freeplay map to the w00ds map (second edition) and I enjoy it quite a bit. A word of warning if yo do you it, be sure to do some testing and be prepared to edit some spawn points (and other traffic related things). The traffic can get really really bad and cause some huge back-ups if you don't tone it down. Took me some time to get it to a good level of traffic that usually doesn't cause serious back ups.

One idea I would suggest is to eliminate as much turning traffic, especially across opposing lanes, as possible. Some leeway could be used for secondary roads that connect through-roads, since they look weird with no traffic.

hey guys

i think this will be a very cool mod, the best mod since the LA mod i think!

But I am wondering a few things:

-What is the transport police for? Are they stationed at trainstations or something?

-Since it is a submod for the LA mod, can't you just leave the national units (such as FBI,ATF,National Gard) where they are? (I have no experiance with modding at all so correct me when I 'm wrong)

-Please make sure that there ain't too many accidents at the same time! Many many beautifull mods are no fun to play because you get for instance a heart attack, gas explosion and a psychical resque assigment at the same time.

Keep up the very good work!