Rlast

[WIP] Aiken County Submod

• I personally really like the idea of the murder and having to question others to find out where the suspect is. You could also leave little clues around the map like skid marks, blood trails, abandoned vehicles, etc.
  • Another is a major airline accident. You could use a rural map and have an airplane crash. You can toss in wrecked vehicles, destroyed houses and trees, fires, and tons of debris and injuries. In the fireworks mission, there's a crumbling home that falls apart and can also be put into the mix. You can check out how that works and use it.
  • Maybe a major vehicle pile up caused by something as small as a cat on the road. You could use one of the missions maps that have a bridge. That way, on top of the pile up, you can have vehicles that went off into the water and people drowning. On the train mission there's a man hanging on the edge of the tracks, you can find out how that works and toss that into it too.
  • *The best idea I can think of* Maybe another train accident. You can use another rural town and have the train carrying many explosive materials. When it wrecks there can be many fires and devastation. The player will have to try to keep the other tanks cool and stop the fire before they explode and kill many more. You can make it challenging by adding many spectators to surround the area. Keeping emergency personal from having easy access to the site. You can also make paths for the vehicles to be leaving the area. Can also add an accident blocking the vehicles from leaving, so once that accident is cleared the vehicle can move out of town and make it easier on the player. You could also have it set so the national guard is coming or already on scene to handle the crowd and assist in getting the people out of the town.

Thats my ideas. Also that website I showed you, they have that script. I personally don't care for it since the player has to activate the sirens and lights manually. Which can become hard when the player is under pressure from a major incident and many units are responding.

Thanks for your thoughts on the missions Marshall, those are some really cool ideas indeed. I especially like the aircraft or train accident, specifically if it's just a singular accident and doesn't involve a terminal fire or something like that mission in the normal game did. I also had the idea of the traffic pileup, because dealing with car collisions in EM4 is pretty fun :xmas:

OK guys, as of today, progress on my end is basically back on track. There will be a BIG update in about a week with Fire and EMS units. Also, be watching the repo thread in the off-topic section! I'll be posting there within a week. Now, on to all these great ideas:

1. More water rescues
  2. Boat fire
  3. Fire alarms

Water rescue and boat fire is going to be a no. Aiken County has no particularly large areas of water that are used for boating.

Seeing as you have a National Park Service patrol car, how bout' a poaching mission? I know their are deer on the map for the "protect top informant mission" haven't tried to shoot them though.

Not sure why we have a NPS car, as Aiken County does not contain a National Park.......

Wires Down, Trees down in the road, Transformer Fires, Person missing in the woods.

I have got several ideas.

1. Small plane or helicopter crash.

2. Multiple barricaded subjects 2 or 3.

3. Drug deal you would have to catch the dealer and the buyer.

4. Warrant, you would have to enter a home and take someone into custody, they could fight, shoot or run.

5. Kidnapping.

The small plane crash, drug deal, and warrant ideas will definitely be looked into! Unfortunately, drugs are a big problem here in Aiken County and ACSO regularly executes arrest warrants.

alright!

Here's what I would like to see:

Illegal Demo at the Hospital

Bank Robbery (more of them than the La Mod)

Stolen Vehicles (same, more than the La Mod)

I like the Boat Fire Idea and the fire alarms.

Oh and on the Fire Alarms, make it to where an engine has to respond and then the alarm company has to shut it off or the fire fighters have to shut it off.

I really like the Animal Poaching Idea, so it would be like a attempted homicide but only the person is shooting a deer or bear.

I will think about more things and post them.

As to having MORE bank robberies and stolen vehicles, that'll probably be a no. Same goes for the hospital demonstation. The fire alarm will be looked into. I know it IS possible.

I think itd be cool if you made a huge map with a few small towns and set patrol jurisdictions for the PD. Then you could have more fun with say Jackson PD rolling into Burnettown to assist at a call.

Hmm.......it's a possibility, but it will not be a primary map. The primary map will be similar to the city of Aiken. Perhaps we'll make additional maps after the primary one is finished.

All right then if we are brainstorming I can come up with some ideas for the National Park section of the map.

1. Bear trouble: A bear is causing too much trouble in the campground he has to be put down

2. Drunks in the campground: Large group of rowdy people like a riot in the game, arrest the leader.

3. Missing child in the campground: Kid wanders off and you have to find him.

4. Domestic in the campground: same as a fight in the game except at a campsite

5. Poached deer/bear/cougar in the forest: Like the attempted murder in the game except with a deer.

6 Body dumped in the forest: body found in the forest and you would have to question people to find out who to arrest.

Again, there is no National Park in Aiken, so idk why we have a NPS car......

These missions all sound great. My personal suggestions include a hurricane/storm and a search and rescue mission. I am going to review these ideas and decide on a preliminary selection to script and design.

We might try a storm mission......

I had another idea for the map.

1.In the National Park there could be a lake with some personal boats, swimmers, fishermen on it. The lake would have a dock where a NPS patrol boat would be moored. I am assuming this would be possible in the same way parking in front of a police station is possible (feel free to correct me)

2. This is more of a game idea but could you make a script where all vehicles would not move without a driver. I believe this is possible. This would add considerable realism. You might want to make it a option that could be turned off however as some people would not like it.

We'll look into the no-driver script.

• I personally really like the idea of the murder and having to question others to find out where the suspect is. You could also leave little clues around the map like skid marks, blood trails, abandoned vehicles, etc.
  • Another is a major airline accident. You could use a rural map and have an airplane crash. You can toss in wrecked vehicles, destroyed houses and trees, fires, and tons of debris and injuries. In the fireworks mission, there's a crumbling home that falls apart and can also be put into the mix. You can check out how that works and use it.
  • Maybe a major vehicle pile up caused by something as small as a cat on the road. You could use one of the missions maps that have a bridge. That way, on top of the pile up, you can have vehicles that went off into the water and people drowning. On the train mission there's a man hanging on the edge of the tracks, you can find out how that works and toss that into it too.
  • *The best idea I can think of* Maybe another train accident. You can use another rural town and have the train carrying many explosive materials. When it wrecks there can be many fires and devastation. The player will have to try to keep the other tanks cool and stop the fire before they explode and kill many more. You can make it challenging by adding many spectators to surround the area. Keeping emergency personal from having easy access to the site. You can also make paths for the vehicles to be leaving the area. Can also add an accident blocking the vehicles from leaving, so once that accident is cleared the vehicle can move out of town and make it easier on the player. You could also have it set so the national guard is coming or already on scene to handle the crowd and assist in getting the people out of the town.

Thats my ideas. Also that website I showed you, they have that script. I personally don't care for it since the player has to activate the sirens and lights manually. Which can become hard when the player is under pressure from a major incident and many units are responding.

The murder idea will be looked into, and the pileup will as well. The airline accident is less likely. As for the train accident, you have just given me an excellent idea. A few years ago, there was a major train wreck in Graniteville, with a release of chlorine gas. Perhaps we'll make a mission based off of it.

While the NPS is often called for mutual aid for large fires. Since no National Park is near Aiken County any fire would be taken care of by the local fire departments. If a fire in the adjacent state forest got huge the NPS might respond but only as part of the Inter-Agency Fire Command. Believe me I am sad that the creators are leaving the NPS out of this mod, but the creators are striving for realism, and realistically you would likely never see the National Park Service in Aiken County.

Congaree National Park-71 miles

Charles Pinckney National Historic SIte-133 miles

Cowpens National Battlefield-116 miles

Fort Sumter National Monument-132 miles

Kings Mountain National Military Park-117 miles

Ninety Six National Historic Site-48 miles

As you can see by the distances above the fire would have to get pretty big before the NPS would become involved.This is the modders decision and it is their mod. This mod will still be great even without the NPS!

Aiken County Submod lighting update on the Aiken Department of Public Safety, Aiken County Sheriff's Office, Jackson Police Department, Burnettown Police Department, South Carolina Port Authority and the bonus US National Park police vehicles.

Aiken County vehicle update with the new Tahoe that has been in production for a while. All credits to Freelancer for the model, and apologies for the somewhat jagged render as the model is perfectly smooth.

press1.png

press3.png

press2.png

Aiken County Update: New Lightbar that's been in development for a while now. (North Augusta Department of Public Safety)

Model created by Chompster, Texture work by Rlast.

Code 3 LED X 2100

press3.png

press2.png

press1b.png