bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

This is not necessarily final, but as it stands there are 2 engines and a brush truck.

The textures are 100% new. None recycled from EM4 or LA mod. Some buildings are recycled from EM4 and LA mod, but re-textured. Many building models were purchased from TurboSquid, and several are brand new made by me. 95% of all road signs are brand new, by me. Likely 50% of all other props are brand new. So in total, the map is probably about 75% brand new.

This sounds awesome! But could you please also add a tanker? It would really complete the rural type of feel. 

This sounds awesome! But could you please also add a tanker? It would really complete the rural type of feel. 

Not sure yet, but planning on it

are both of the engines at the station going to be the new trucks that u made

Yes

Sounds great! Could you maybe give us a rough guesstimate on how much is done and how much still needs to be finished?

75%

This is not necessarily final, but as it stands there are 2 engines and a brush truck.

The textures are 100% new. None recycled from EM4 or LA mod. Some buildings are recycled from EM4 and LA mod, but re-textured. Many building models were purchased from TurboSquid, and several are brand new made by me. 95% of all road signs are brand new, by me. Likely 50% of all other props are brand new. So in total, the map is probably about 75% brand new.

Perfect!

Great I am happy to hear that, but sorry if I sound like a broken record but you said two engines, is that going to be the pierce you made and the commercial cab from a while ago?

Yes and no, the Pierce won't be, the commercial cab is, but the texture is different. The second engine is a new model.

I still don't understand why Depts put those stupid boxes on the sides of their cabs with lights on them. Don't get me wrong it is your mod and everything like that I am just thinking IRL. Personally it looks dumb. Great looking pumper thought!!!

Could you provide a picture of what you're talking about?

I see. I really don't see the major issue, although I could see how it might be perceived as unattractive. Many would say its all about visibility, however some recent studies have shown that the overuse of emergency lighting can be more of a danger to motorists once the apparatus is on scene.

It's mostly for wiring and only in the Arrow XT models, there are some models that don't have it but only a few. It basically allows easier access to the wiring for the warning lights as well as the radios for easier maintenance.

Question I know that you plan on putting in two engines the tanker is up in the air right now. With the limited water supply will one carry more than the other? Where I am an engine has 300-1000 gallons, and engine tanker has about 1,000-2,500 gallons and a tanker has 2,500+. I feel it would be cool if one engine had 750 gallons and rescue equipment (jaws of life) and the other dedicated fire had 1,500. That way you could send the bigger truck out with the forestry while still having decent coverage over the town. Second not sure if you mentioned if a volunteer script would be added? Finally maybe if you could make the calls come on slower, I like being bombarded with calls but maybe just do one at a time for like the first ten while people settle in. Just some suggestions and keep up the great work.

Question I know that you plan on putting in two engines the tanker is up in the air right now. With the limited water supply will one carry more than the other? Where I am an engine has 300-1000 gallons, and engine tanker has about 1,000-2,500 gallons and a tanker has 2,500+. I feel it would be cool if one engine had 750 gallons and rescue equipment (jaws of life) and the other dedicated fire had 1,500. That way you could send the bigger truck out with the forestry while still having decent coverage over the town. Second not sure if you mentioned if a volunteer script would be added? Finally maybe if you could make the calls come on slower, I like being bombarded with calls but maybe just do one at a time for like the first ten while people settle in. Just some suggestions and keep up the great work.

i agree also no op riots where all of your officers get injured

Guest Christian Haupt

On The Box on top of the rig, we have jaws of life on all our rigs in our city, but they made it 6inch to sort so we couldn't put them in so we ordered the " box " on top to put the jaws in, so that's why we have on box on the top of our cab!

I'm not going to get into numbers, the basic plan is to have a tanker that supplies water to other apparatus, working with the Limited Water script. I haven't tested it out yet so I don't even know the mechanics of that script.

Planning on making call volume slower, yes.

Is there any chance of some sort of tanker-relay script from a pond on the map?

Seriously wouldn't count on it, at least not in this version.

I'm not going to get into numbers, the basic plan is to have a tanker that supplies water to other apparatus, working with the Limited Water script. I haven't tested it out yet so I don't even know the mechanics of that script.

Planning on making call volume slower, yes.

Seriously wouldn't count on it, at least not in this version.

Okay, I know it's pretty far-fetched, but was worth my asking :)

Thanks for all of your hard work bama 

:12:

The auto installer is a bit messed up, I believe it tries to make a second Montana Mod folder and put the first one inside that, which causes the game to not recognize it... so just copy the original Montana Mod folder into the Mods directory. Other than that I can't really help you.

Quick update for everyone:

- The map texture is 100% done, excluding touch-ups

- Map objects, paths, events, etc are about 25% done

- Itchboy and BMA are graciously helping me with new scripts and troubleshooting script edits before release

- The main focus right now is updating the existing units and adding in the new units. I'm working on new vehicle and structure models.

You can expect new media within a week or two, and I'm expecting to release 2.0 within six weeks, and before Emergency 5 comes out. This is not a finalized/definite release window but it is the most likely. 

There is a plan to release DLC after the initial release (for free of course, not pulling any EA crap). This will probably include a few new missions.

For those asking about the Limited Water supply and taser scripts: Yes, I am putting them in the mod.