Jump to content
bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Recommended Posts

On 4/28/2024 at 7:29 PM, Sangmi said:

I'm not good for much, but I do enjoy my research. I'm always happy to help solve quirky little mysteries like the ones that keep popping up in this thread. Looking through protocols is very fun to me haha. 
Without sounding too silly.. a POV that gets signed over to the state wouldn't be a POV anymore, right? 

I found more info on MCA 61-8-102 (2)(a): "Authorized emergency vehicle" means a vehicle of a governmental fire agency organized under Title 7, chapter 33, an ambulance, or an emergency vehicle designated or authorized by the department.

The department is what confuses, me so I had to go to 61-1-101.

61-1-101 (17) says: (17) "Department" means the department of justice acting directly or through its duly authorized officers or agents.

So the Montana State DOJ has the authority to designate any vehicle as an authorized emergency vehicle. Also this firefighter guy here said POVs are emergency vehicles, if approved to be as such by the Fire Chief, County Sheriff, and Montana State DOJ. Which is confusing, because he said in another video that POVs are not emergency vehicles.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Johhnnyy said:

I found more info on MCA 61-8-102 (2)(a): "Authorized emergency vehicle" means a vehicle of a governmental fire agency organized under Title 7, chapter 33, an ambulance, or an emergency vehicle designated or authorized by the department.

The department is what confuses, me so I had to go to 61-1-101.

61-1-101 (17) says: (17) "Department" means the department of justice acting directly or through its duly authorized officers or agents.

So the Montana State DOJ has the authority to designate any vehicle as an authorized emergency vehicle. Also this firefighter guy here said POVs are emergency vehicles, if approved to be as such by the Fire Chief, County Sheriff, and Montana State DOJ. Which is confusing, because he said in another video that POVs are not emergency vehicles.

 

The more we read into this, the more I start to think that Montana lawmakers never anticipated on anyone looking into the statute this deeply! haha. 

That's very interesting. I wonder if the definition maybe changes unofficially depending on the warning system configuration of a given vehicle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sangmi said:

The more we read into this, the more I start to think that Montana lawmakers never anticipated on anyone looking into the statute this deeply! haha. 

That's very interesting. I wonder if the definition maybe changes unofficially depending on the warning system configuration of a given vehicle. 

This is why I love my province's rules. I'm from Saskatchewan, and we recognize POVs of firefighters and medical responders and the like as emergency vehicles, since April 1, 2009. The reason is because some City of Estevan fireman named Travis Olver ran a red light, while going to a truck fire in his POV. Cops noticed and stopped him anyway. He was given a $220 CAD ticket, he fought it, but lost. The judge reduced it to $70.

Then Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall got the legislature together, and got the law changed. Section 238 of the Saskatchewan Traffic Safety Act says;

"The driver of an emergency vehicle may act pursuant to subsection (2) if the emergency vehicle is:

(a) used for the transportation of a peace officer in the performance of the officer’s duties;

(b) used for the transportation of a member of a fire department in response to an emergency;

(c) an ambulance used in response to an emergency;

(d) a vehicle or one of a class of vehicles designated by the board as an emergency vehicle which is used in response to an emergency; or

(e) a vehicle that: (i) is designated by a municipality in a bylaw as a vehicle that may be used as an emergency vehicle by a volunteer firefighter or first responder; and

(ii) is being used in response to an emergency and is operated by a person who meets the prescribed requirements.

Edited by Johhnnyy
Added more details
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sangmi said:

The more we read into this, the more I start to think that Montana lawmakers never anticipated on anyone looking into the statute this deeply! haha. 

That's very interesting. I wonder if the definition maybe changes unofficially depending on the warning system configuration of a given vehicle. 

In the video above, he said he had to go through Montana DOJ, the sheriff of his county, and the fire chief of his department to get his vehicle designated as an emergency vehicle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2024 at 10:00 AM, Johhnnyy said:

I heard EMTs can't do shit without mee control doc on the phone. At least thats what Fire Department Chronicles said on YouTube.

Fun fact: Nurses in the Philippines, where I'm originally from, are the paramedics. We don't have paramedics there, so the nurses are the next best thing. We do have EMTs. Nurses and EMTs can call deaths. PNP cops can't call deaths, but PNP-SOCO (Scene of the Crime Operatives) can.

 

Depends on the state. NY is big on standing orders so I can do a lot more in NY then other states that Ive worked (NJ and PA) so I don't need to call telemetry unless its something sketch or for a repeat dose of albuterol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2024 at 3:39 PM, Sangmi said:

The more we read into this, the more I start to think that Montana lawmakers never anticipated on anyone looking into the statute this deeply! haha. 

That's very interesting. I wonder if the definition maybe changes unofficially depending on the warning system configuration of a given vehicle. 

I am literally emailing the Montana Highway Patrol right now to see if POVs really do count as emergency vehicles, under MCA 61-8-102 (2)(a). @Sangmi

Edited by Johhnnyy
grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Johhnnyy said:

I am literally emailing the Montana Highway patrol right now to see if POVs really do count as emergency vehicles, under MCA 61-8-102 (2)(a). @Sangmi

You know, that was probably a good step one, but I couldn't find a good email for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pardon me for bringing this old topic up again, Is it possible to do Drafting as of today (6/3/24) from the river/pond/lake or was it a feature that tried for a while was removed due to not working as intended? If Drafting is working how do you active it?

Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Turk_WLF said:

Pardon me for bringing this old topic up again, Is it possible to do Drafting as of today (6/3/24) from the river/pond/lake or was it a feature that tried for a while was removed due to not working as intended? If Drafting is working how do you active it?

Thanks!!

I'm sure it still works, and that it would still be in the mod. You need to position park the apparatus, parallel to the river, and park it close. There should be a suction pipe button on the commands bar. Click that. If it's ok, it will work. If not, it will tell you what to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johhnnyy said:

I'm sure it still works, and that it would still be in the mod. You need to position park the apparatus, parallel to the river, and park it close. There should be a suction pipe button on the commands bar. Click that. If it's ok, it will work. If not, it will tell you what to do.

Hmm, I tried all 3 (Large) Pumpers I couldn't get them to draft off of the offier's side & I had the right next to the river. I even tried one near the Swift Water Boat Launching point of the river.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Turk_WLF said:

Hmm, I tried all 3 (Large) Pumpers I couldn't get them to draft off of the offier's side & I had the right next to the river. I even tried one near the Swift Water Boat Launching point of the river.

Huh, that's funny. Maybe contact someone who helped develop this mod for more help, like itchboy or bama for example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2024 at 10:48 AM, Turk_WLF said:

Pardon me for bringing this old topic up again, Is it possible to do Drafting as of today (6/3/24) from the river/pond/lake or was it a feature that tried for a while was removed due to not working as intended? If Drafting is working how do you active it?

Thanks!!

I got the drafting to work with the all 3 (Large) Pumpers except for the Brush Units, However I think it is just positioning to the river. I'm just not sure how to face the Brush Unit when drafting at the river. Thanks!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How to download Montana Mod? Idk how, pls help.

Edit: Whoever downvoted me needs to touch grass, because I am a new player to Em4, and I have no clue how to do this crap. I am pretty sure you were in the same place as I was a million years ago. So instead of downvoting help or distress messages like this one, stop and help.

Edited by Johhnnyy
Venting to the person who downvoted me for no reason
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2024 at 12:50 PM, Johhnnyy said:

How to download Montana Mod? Idk how, pls help.

Edit: Whoever downvoted me needs to touch grass, because I am a new player to Em4, and I have no clue how to do this crap. I am pretty sure you were in the same place as I was a million years ago. So instead of downvoting help or distress messages like this one, stop and help.

The download link is on the first page. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2024 at 1:46 AM, fedb82 said:

The download link is on the first page. 

Edit: Downloading the link and translating said link into the game are completely different things. Help me DOWNLOAD IT INTO THE GAME, not get the link itself. Come on.

Edited by Johhnnyy
Venting
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2023 at 12:20 AM, TheMaster82 said:

could the limit for BCSO be increased to around 10 or so, same for the state police guys, I like using a lot of units for my calls

it would also be nice to have the ability to put 2 troopers in a car, and enough PD officers to have 2/car

Agreed. The city/town of Monida Pass has around 1,020 people, while the town I'm from has around 770 people, but my town has around 6 officers from a nearby town's RCMP Detachment living here. It is not unreasonable to have Monida Pass get 8 officers per shift to make 2 man units out of all 4 Monida Pass PD patrol cars.

On 2/28/2023 at 6:26 PM, joker15x said:

Thanks.  Kinda lame you need a second officer, but whatever.

 

Other problem: Traffic is a nightmare.  All the traffic lights on the map change way too fast for any vehicle to even move an inch.  Ya you can just debug the traffic with the option, but I shouldn't have to do that ever few minutes.

The second officer is necessary, due to the game engine. Having the officer who is holding the suspect to search them could break the game, so having the second officer is the only option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2021 at 10:36 PM, itchboy said:

Here is the inital set of volunteer firefighter POV's for the mod. These are all real-life vehicles owned by members of our community.

No lights on these, still working on that.

If you would like your real-life vehicle featured in the mod, feel free to post your vehicle make, model, color and any light setup you are running. You don't need to tell me your location or license plate or anything that can dox you.

I lack another 4 out of the 10 I need.

Em4Deluxe 2021-02-03 12-29-57-13.png

Credits to Carman and LA mod team for the Jeep Grand Chrokee.
Yankee43 for the Ford Ranger.
EA Games for the Dodge Ram conversion.
Special thanks to SlateDragon for allowing use of the white F150 POV from West Falls mod.

Wait, if you have 6 POVs in here... why are there 4 POVs in the game/mod? It would be a lot helpful to have 6 or more POVs for MPVFD, to make it possible to dispatch the engine, brush, and tanker all at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My dudes, its a rural area mod. Scarcity of resources is THE thing that most separates urban areas (play the LA mod) from rural areas (Montana mod). There's only so many ways to simulate scarcity of resources in a mod.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2024 at 5:53 PM, Fred03 said:

My dudes, its a rural area mod. Scarcity of resources is THE thing that most separates urban areas (play the LA mod) from rural areas (Montana mod). There's only so many ways to simulate scarcity of resources in a mod.

Yeah yeah, and my town has like 770 people. We are 30 mins away from a small city, and 2 and a half hours away from the Provincial capitol. My town's VFD has like a dozen people in its roster, 4 fire trucks, and 2 EMR-rated ambulances.

Edit: Em4 Monida Pass is set to have 1,020 people, which makes Monida Pass a 3rd class city. 3rd class cities need a minimum of 1000 people, and a max of 5,000, and Monida Pass is barely scraping between the max population of a town and the minimum population of a 3rd class city. My town has more vehicles and people than Monida Pass does, despite the population and resource differences.

Edited by Johhnnyy
More info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...