helljumper51

Wyoming County Submod(Graphics Contest has been started! pg 4)

LOOK TO PAGE 4 FOR A CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Welcome! I am finishing up all my current work and have been looking at doing my own Mod for awhile. Right now it will stay as a submod for LA Mod because It will use all of his scripts(plus a few others up my sleeve I have been working on ;) )

The premise for this submod has been floating around in my head since EM3, and now I think I have developed the skills to pull it off. Nothing to fantastic, but it will be different from most other mods. I call it the "Your Home Town" Submod because that is what it is! I live in a very rural area and belong to a VFD. So that is what this mod will be, a Volunteer submod so to say. I will release different versions(IF I decide to release) in case you want to play it, but don't want to "roleplay" a volunteer county.

In this, none of the vehicles will be staffed and the only way to get personnel is to have POVs(Personal Vehicles) to respond from their houses(Yes they will be at their houses and people will be in civilian clothes) to the stations. The trucks WILL NOT be able to move without personnel in them(One of those scripts I have up my sleeve). I have tested this idea and it works great. The map is completely custom by myself, and I am working on making new buildings and houses to more resemble a small US County.

Now some of you may be wary right now because you think "GAHHHH! WHY U NO STAFF VEHICLES?! WHAT IF YOU HAVE BIG CALL AND NEED LOTS O PEOPLE?!?!?!111" well to answer this as politely as I can, You better work fast! the call volume has been significantly decreased. Very much so. This is meant to be fun, but challenging. So to take a page from Mikepi's book, I am not allowing the use of rapid deploy(unless you learn to add it in manually). It made LA MOD too easy and I want it to be a challenge.

As many of you vollys know, sometimes it takes ingenuity to tackle a 3 alarm fire with only 6 guys and an engine and a tanker until mutual aid gets there. So this mod will require you to think. I will NOT be adding enough POVs on the map to staff every vehicle to the max. Again this mod is meant to be a roleplay experience. If you dont like any of these things, simple fix...dont play it! I will be taking suggestions but keep inmind most of the details have aready been decided.

So with no more delays I present you the map(with stations on it), station assignments, and SUGGESTED SOPs

jhjk.png

*ALL UNITS AND STATIONS ARE MADE BY ME. ANYTHING I BORROW WOULD BE EITHER SCRIPTS OR GUIs AND I GIVE ALL CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE*

Station 7(Tunkhannock Township/Borough Triton Hose Company)

Engine 7

Engine 7-2

Tanker 7

Tanker 7-2

Brush 7

Tower 7

Station 2(Meshoppen Fire/EMS)

Rescue(This also functions as an Engine) 2

Tanker 2

Brush 2

Squad 2

Station 1(Tunkhannock Community Ambulance Association)

CLS 1(Paramedic Flycar)

CLS 2

Ambulance 1-9(BLS Ambulance)

Ambulance 1-10(BLS Ambulance)

Ambulance 1-11(BLS Ambulance)

Station 5(Factoryville Fire/EMS)

Tanker 9

Brush 9

Support 9

Pennsylvania State Police

Car 1

Car 2

Car 3

Patrol 1

Patrol 2

Swat 1

Copter 1

Tunkhannock Borough/Township Police

POV's

-All POVs are station number( for cheif) and their assigned two digit number(So not to confuse with any aparatus on the road). So Station 7 chief would be Chief 7 and any other units would be Firefighter 7-10, 7-11, 7-12, etc

-Units will also be able to change into fire gear either at lockers at each station or from their own POVs. They can only change into SCBAs from fire apparatus. Each department will have their own custom skins so when doing mutual aid calls you will see the difference.

Remember, this is meant as a roleplay mod, and it is based on a REAL county and REAL people. If you dont like some of these ideas that is fine, that is why its private and if I ever release it just dont download it. I will however make it available to be tested and played by the Squad 55 EM4 Clan. The intent of this mod is to be played with other people and even though freeplay will be included, try and play with others..it will make for a better experience.

Vehicles/Screenshots!

Brush 7

Brush7-1.png

lkjhgf.png

Tanker 7-80% complete

dfllll.png

Mock SOPs for Mod

I made these up based on actual response SOPs for each station, but slightly modified. Again this is more for the roleplayer, you dont have to follow these. I also made it so that if a fire goes to a second alarm it starts involving more mutual aid stations for added effect. remember: YOU DONT HAVE TO FOLLOW THESE, but the stations and map was set up according to how these are.

Structure Fire

Tunkhannock Twp

1st Alarm--> Engine 7, Tanker 7, Tanker 7-2, Ambulance 1-9/10/11

2nd Alarm-> Tower 7 , Tanker 9, Rescue 2, CLS 1/2

3rd Alarm--> Engine 7-2, Squad 2, Tanker 2

Optional RIT Assignment -->Squad 9

Meshoppen Twp

1st Alarm--> Rescue 2, Tanker 2, Ambulance 2

2nd Alarm-> Tower 7 , Engine 7, Engine 7-2, CLS 1/2

3rd Alarm--> Tanker 7-2, Tanker 9, Squad 2

Factoryville Borough

1st Alarm--> Brush 9, Tanker 9, Ambulance 1-9/10/11

2nd Alarm-> Tower 7 , Tanker 7-2, Engine 7-2, CLS 1/2

3rd Alarm--> Rescue 2, Squad 2

Optional RIT Assignment -->Squad 2

Brush Fire

Tunkhannock Twp

1st Alarm--> Brush 7, Tanker 7

2nd Alarm-> Engine 7-2 , Tanker 9, Brush 2, CLS 1/2(If Available)

3rd Alarm--> Engine 7, Tanker 7, Brush 5

Optional RIT Assignment -->Squad 9/2

Meshoppen Twp

1st Alarm--> Rescue 2, Tanker 2, Brush 7

2nd Alarm-> Brush 9, Engine 7-2, CLS 1/2(If Available)

3rd Alarm--> Tanker 7-2, Tanker 9, Brush 2

Factoryville Borough

1st Alarm--> Brush 9, Tanker 9, Brush 7

2nd Alarm-> Brush 2, Tanker 7-2, CLS 1/2(If Available)

3rd Alarm--> Rescue 2, Tanker 2, Tanker 7

Optional RIT Assignment -->Engine 7-2

Industrial Fire

Tunkhannock Twp

1st Alarm--> Engine 7, Tanker 7, Tanker 7-2, Ambulance 1-9/10/11, CLS 1/2

2nd Alarm-> Tower 7 , Tanker 9, Squad 2(with Hazmat trailer)

3rd Alarm--> Engine 7-2, Rescue 2, Tanker 2

Optional RIT Assignment/Deconn -->Squad 9

Meshoppen Twp

1st Alarm--> Rescue 2, Tanker 2, Ambulance 2, Engine 7-2, Squad 9(with Hazmat trailer put at EMA building)

2nd Alarm-> Tower 7 , Engine 7, Tanker7-2, CLS 1/2

3rd Alarm--> Tanker 7, Tanker 9, Squad 2

Optional RIT Assignment/Deconn -->Squad 9

Factoryville Borough

1st Alarm--> Brush 5, Engine 7, Tanker 9, Ambulance 1-9/10/11, Squad 2(with Hazmat trailer)

2nd Alarm-> Tower 7 , Tanker 7-2, Engine 7-2, CLS 1/2

3rd Alarm--> Rescue 2

Optional RIT Assignment/Deconn -->Squad 2

MVA

Tunkhannock Twp

1st Alarm-->Engine 7-2, Ambulance 1-9/10/11, CLS 1/2, Squad 2

Meshoppen Twp

1st Alarm--> Rescue 2, Squad 2, Ambulance 2, CLS 1/2

Factoryville Borough

1st Alarm-->Brush 9, Ambulance 1-9/10/11, CLS 1/2, Squad 5

NOTE: All Stations have been altered due to game limitation/design. I understand some of you are from Wyoming county and will correct me on this, but do not get upset because I am leaving them out. Also the map has been completly made up becuase if I were to do all of Tunkhannock, Factoryville, Mehoopany, Meshoppen, and Lake Carry, it would be HUGE.

Any questions feel free to ask. Here are more picks of the map!(Tunkhannock Twp/Meshoppen Twp) Industrial Sector)

Em42012-03-0806-39-16-37.jpg

Em42012-03-0806-38-57-86.jpg

Em42012-03-0806-39-25-98.jpg

Well thats a complicated answer ha ha. I have been thinking about how to execute this since EM3 came out, but I only started work(On the map) for about 3 days. Hopefully it turns out to be well planned. As you can see each district is planned out to a certain point. Station 7 has the bigger buildings and shares the industrial complex with Station 2. Station 2 has a highway and all residential(Also every residential building on the map is enter-able). and Station 5 has the mountains and the wooded areas with a high way. Now I am working on decided the vehicles to make models of.

Well it depends on the tax base of your population ;) most towns I think would invest in there fire depts so there insurances are at the lowest rates ;)

Now that being said you can see units ranging into the 10 - 15 year mark. After the 10 year mark though things start to get a bit dicy. I don't know about in the states but in Canada usually after a truck gets past the 10 year mark the pump has to be certified every year.

I say pick a year you want to model and go with it :)

I looks good and I hope you release it :)

Well I would go with the ACTUAL units in those departments, but I am not sure if I want to. Its really just a hodgepodge of different year units. Tower 7 is actually a snorkel from '87. And there is no squad 2 or 5. But some things have to be altered for gameplay.

If you all are curious, here are the links to each department mentioned.

Station 2 http://www.meshoppenfire.com/apparatus.htm

Station 7 http://www.tritonhose.org/

Station 9(Station 5 in mod. I made a Mistake) http://www.factoryvillestation9.com/apparatus.html

As you can see I altered the station assignments a bit to adjust for gameplay and to make multiplayer more involved with mutual aid. Debating on getting rid of Squad 5 and putting in their engine. We will see.

So that is what this mod will be, a Volunteer submod so to say. I will release different versions(IF I decide to release) in case you want to play it, but don't want to "roleplay" a volunteer county.

I think the vast majority would love to play it when you release it. As for "rapid response" I agree in the fact that it does make it easy, but so does the automatic deck gun. In all honesty you could almost send one engine to a scene and let the deck gun do all the work. I do like having more realism when responding to scenes. I will make this comment / suggestion in the NY Mod they removed directional lights from certain patrol cars along with the ability to report to the police station. I know this added more realism but it also hurt the experience also. Now you had to micromanage a fire but you had to micromanage the police. In the past I was able to set up a police cruzer with directional lights on, and than have the officer move to another location to divert that traffic too. So if nothing else please do not remove either of those features.

I dontplan on removing stuff like directional lights. Traffic is a major pain in the ass and there is a reason some fire departments have fire police. Its a big job on MVAs and scenes. Police I am leaving alone. But sorry, no deck guns or rapid deploy. Deck guns are cheating anyway. in my 10 years at this department we used it ONCE.

Oh that is fine. When you said you were removing rapid deployment I didn't see you mention the deck gun so I though I'd mention it. I just noticed the links to the stations you mentioned. For a rural area the engines look the part. I do have one question will any of these stations have a few PT or FT fire fighters (2-3)? Or will all of the houses be volly? I know some companies that run vollies have a few PT's etc so I was just curious.

I was toying with the idea. Like to give each department 3 guys to stay in the station at all times. But I also thought, well if someone wants to do that they can! Just call some POVs off map and have them park at the station. I already finished the stations. Each one has 2-3 rooms where the personnel can hang out in off duty. I know for multiplayer purposes I am trying to convince my clan to make it so one person(in a 4 player game) works as a paid guy for shifts. so from say 0600-1700 they staff the stations with up to 3 men and ride in the units. So that way when the person gets to the station they can control the engine andput in a driver while the 4th man can assist on scene with hose lines and ems work. I know its hardto follow through text but I think it would add some depth to the game.

SO like this.

Station 5 is paged for a brush fire. Player 3 owns the station(so they have control of all station 5 units) and sends 3 POVs to the station. Player 4 controls 3 paid firefighters at station 5.

He send 2 of them to the brush unit and 1 to the tanker.

The 3 povs arrive at the station and gear up.

One guy gets in the tanker and the other 2 get in the brush.

Player 3 sends brush and tanker to scene and has command.

Player 3 tells player 4 where he needs his guys and what they need to do. When they wrap up they all pack up and go home. the 3 paid guys stay at the station and the POVs go home

*Also note that both CLS units are full time.

Yes, I agree with not removing the police directional lights. It kinda annoyed me in NY Mod because in all reality if you just park an ambulance or a police car blocking the road traffic will slow up but get the point. The games AI is just too stupid to see that the entire road is blocked and sitting there trying to figure out which units are capable of directional lights is dumb. I too am curious of whether there will be any PT or FT volly's. I know around here they have some. Also will the volly's be able to respond to scene in POV's if the apparatus are already rolling with minimal staffing?

I was toying with the idea. Like to give each department 3 guys to stay in the station at all times. But I also thought, well if someone wants to do that they can! Just call some POVs off map and have them park at the station. I already finished the stations. Each one has 2-3 rooms where the personnel can hang out in off duty. I know for multiplayer purposes I am trying to convince my clan to make it so one person(in a 4 player game) works as a paid guy for shifts. so from say 0600-1700 they staff the stations with up to 3 men and ride in the units. So that way when the person gets to the station they can control the engine andput in a driver while the 4th man can assist on scene with hose lines and ems work. I know its hardto follow through text but I think it would add some depth to the game.

SO like this.

Station 5 is paged for a brush fire. Player 3 owns the station(so they have control of all station 5 units) and sends 3 POVs to the station. Player 4 controls 3 paid firefighters at station 5.

He send 2 of them to the brush unit and 1 to the tanker.

The 3 povs arrive at the station and gear up.

One guy gets in the tanker and the other 2 get in the brush.

Player 3 sends brush and tanker to scene and has command.

Player 3 tells player 4 where he needs his guys and what they need to do. When they wrap up they all pack up and go home. the 3 paid guys stay at the station and the POVs go home

*Also note that both CLS units are full time.

That's not a bad idea. I only mentioned the paid FF idea because here in Tennessee that is how our Volunteer departments work. Each station usually has one or two paid FF on duty. When a call comes in they start the rig and wait for everyone to arrive. Than once everyone is their the rig rolls out. Besides being the shofer they usually make sure that station is clean too.

Yes, I agree with not removing the police directional lights. It kinda annoyed me in NY Mod because in all reality if you just park an ambulance or a police car blocking the road traffic will slow up but get the point. The games AI is just too stupid to see that the entire road is blocked and sitting there trying to figure out which units are capable of directional lights is dumb. I too am curious of whether there will be any PT or FT volly's. I know around here they have some. Also will the volly's be able to respond to scene in POV's if the apparatus are already rolling with minimal staffing?

In most cases you want your vollies to arrive at the house, gear up, and respond in the rig. Having vollies respond to the scene in their POV's and gear up at the scene is rather difficult and can cause problems. Not only that you don't want your crew staggered and arriving at different times. It's better from the response stand point if everyone arrives at the same time, that way everyone is on the same page. Of course if you are late, or the rig is already rolling with the bare minimum crew you do what you have too. But most departments will wait if they know your coming.

It may take some time but it WILL be completed. Longest time consuming task will be the modeling. Scripts are all done(not tested yet though which means some probably dont work.). I plan on going into as much detail as possible with the models so I expect atleast a solid week for each model.

UPDATE:

Here is the front of Brush 7. I plan on going into as much detail as possible on all vehicles. Here is a side by side veiw:

Brush7-1.png

And the back with indian packs and two airpack cases strapped on.

dshhh.png

Also I am looking into Alpha textures as windshields and windows, along with adding the full Station 7 fleet(that we have in real life).