helljumper51

Wyoming County Submod(Graphics Contest has been started! pg 4)

So I was working at the station today. We were rearranging the Brush and engine supplies. And I realized two things.

Firstly, is that Ever volunteer department in the world has different apparatus. Even if they are the same make and model chassis, the way the engines, brush trucks, tankers, and aerials are arranged and aset up are all different. so then I thought, why do I have to limit my mod with just how Wyoming county does things? So I came up with a new system for modeling vehicles in thegame. I will have the base chassis as the vehicle. Then you can change the style of doors, the hose bed, the pump panel, hoses, if it has a Ddeck or not, and even the light bars. Its not hard to do. All I had to do was not attach everything to the model when I imported it. Instead I brought everything in as children, which can be added in the editor by a simple click. So this way, if you want your own station's apparatus in there, you have some leaway on how the vehicles are arranged.

Second, This game is alive today becuase of modders and want to be modders. I remember when I was younger, I always wanted to make my own department for EM3. So I am going to be working on tools that can help you LOOSLEY set up your own department, and a guide will be included in the mod to tell you how to do it step by step

Are there any other suggestions people would like to add? I am open to them. Besides, this mod is for you guys in the end, and if you want something specific please let me know.

Wow great idea man! How about adding the different models of Jaws of Life tools or maybe some rams. Can you please add at least on Pierce Quantum? That would be great as a lot of different volly places have that truck.

Well here is the issue with light patterns. In the Light script, all it does is turn on any lights classified under as "Blue Lights" In the editor. Also in the editor there are only so many classifications, such as Headlights, Standard, blue lights, special lights, left blinker, right blinker, and brake lights. So if I was to have alternate patterns, I could only have a max of two(Which I already have plans for) so Unless someone finds another way to do it, it wont be usable. Sirens, I dont know about just becuase there are 4 volunteer stations on the freeplay map, plus 2 off map. Imagine how difficult it would be to micromanage each siren for each vehicle? I was just going to stick with basic ones.

About the Peirce Quantum, I have a model of that made and I will add it into the models file, but I wont make a vehicle for it ingame. I am keeping it as authentic as possible to my own county(Which to my knowledge does not have any peirce quantums)

Also hopefully I video will be up tonight for you all show casing the new system!

I've heard that there's a script allowing for each car to have its own unique siren, somewhere on an popular alternative German emergency forum ;)

And I look forward to the video. Plus, it might be possible to create more than two light patterns, you just need to have a good scripter....

Well it´s possible to have a different siren for every car... you just have to adapt the scripts :-)

Edit: I would guess with lights is it much more complicated, because you create and add them inside the editor. There is probably no way of changing the patterns by script.

Greetz

Lights are hard. Also, if you're swapping lightbars around between vehicles, are people going to have to light them themselves? The lights and commands are 'attached' to each vehicle so if you change between bars aren't the lights are going to be in the wrong places?

The OC-D

God forbid people do a little work and change the lights themselves ;)

It wont do everything for them, but it will add a modular feel to it so if they WANT to they can. and its not hard to alter a few lights. If anything it will be a nice kickstarter for people to start modding; instead of people making posts like "I R DONT NO HOW TO MOD. U HELPZ?!".

Okay, I may be wrong then. I am running vista, when I click properties I look at the location I can't change it... How am I suppose to change it again?

Okay never mind I figured that out but when I enter the -editor or editor before the exe I get no file found. What is the excate location you used.

I also changed the file over to sixteen tons entertainment if that matters.

Can you send me the file location name that you used.

Thanks.

I am announcing 3 contests for you beautiful people of Emergency Planet...each one has a unique prize!

Contest 1: Signature Design-Create a Unique forum signature for the development team and for supporters of the mod.

Contest 2: Design a multiplayer map concept- It does not have to be a map texture, but something more detailed than black lines scribbled in paint. Put in as much detail as possible! Station locations, bridges, roads, even station staffing! (It does not have to be realistic to wyoming county fire and ems, but would be preferred :)

Contest 3: Create a blueprint for a house or two to be used in the mod! The house will be residential and will be enter able. Again be as specific as possible!

Prizes!

There will be one winner per contest and each winner will be ableto choose ONE of the following prizes. First come first serve! Once someone has chosen a prize you cant choose it again.

-Custom POV. Request make and model with any insignia, and lights on it

-Personalized firefighter ingame for any station you want. Firefighter will have your name and any gear color you choose.

-Become a fire/ems officer! You will choose a department to be an officer for, with your own POV and commands. It will be included in the game

-become a team member. This is for those with any level of skills. You will be inducted to the already growing team, have access to the beta and all builds, and have full input into the game

-Create a mutual aid unit! I will work personally with you to make a fully functional mutual aid vehicle. Can be your own department or you can make one up! Model will be made by me and will be available to be called off map.

Good luck to any who participate! Send all submissions to my inbox!

The first entry has been made by AUSAVIN26!! This officially starts the contest. all other entries for the signature contest have 1 week from today(So next monday may 21st) to submit all entries to me! Goodluck to all!