JimmyKid

When you hear America(n), what do you think?

Thats true but you must be completly insane to do 48 hours playing WoW 0,o. After about 2 hours playing Battlefield 3 i already get bored. Well nothing for me 48 hours of gaming. Give me honenstly my own bed. I will be having fun with that too.

post-6516-0-91222500-1326833472_thumb.pn

Yes, one of the country's with the highest GDP and with the highest governemt debt.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

And just take a look at the things I made bold. So you call the U.S. number 1 because they can destroy the world with nuclear weapons? yeah, sure...

Yeah I do...I fail to see how that is an unreasonable argument. We have the strongest military in the world with a nuclear arsenal stronger than any other planet, do you not understand how that makes our country powerful. We have tremendous debt but our economy still produces more than any other country in the world.

usmc123... You really know how to sell your country don't you! I mean you start off well and then comes the america are number 1 at this at that and at everything else, and the comment raised about destroying the world seven times over, is true in the sense that I believe america will destroy earth as their attitude, is shoot first ask questions later.

Your marines or army have been in the news recently for pissing on the dead bodies of taliban soldiers.

And you really have to ask why the world rolls their eyes back when they here america is the best!

Fair enough killing them if they were trying to kill you but desecrating their bodies ain't gonna do any favours for america. With that picture your country has given the taliban another reason why they will not surrender and have made it their mission to destroy your country.

America seems to actively seek out trouble...Not one decade since the 50's has america not been involved in some war or conflict. These wars have nothing to do with invasion of your own country but simply to throw your weight around and in a few cases you went running with your tail between your legs.

I'm arguing about power not morality. Our country loves war, that's why we have a massive military. Every single conflict we involve ourselves in is a powerplay, we install puppet governments all across the world. We have been doing this for a 100 years now. Across the globe are dictators or rulers installed by American backed coups or revolutions. I'm not saying America is a great country in the aspect of morality, but in the aspect of power? Nobody comes close. We have bases and military installations across the globe, our navy is the largest and most advanced in the world, our nation effectively controls the world's oceans. No other country can match the scope of American power right now. It's an empire we have established, sustainable given our current economic situation? Probably not, but right now our country is arrogant for a reason. We are the most powerful, the most righteous? Hardly. We actively seek out trouble because our country is power hungry, we involve ourselves across the globe militarily to maintain control. The United States doesn't send off it's kids to get killed just for the hell of it, the politicians do it to maintain American global supremacy. It's fucked up and it is disturbing but that's the way it is.

Honestly, the comment about the Taliban urination video was retarded. War is war, it hasn't changed. I don't understand how people have such a problem with the desecration of bodies when two groups of people are actively trying to take each others life by deadly means. War is ugly and our media doesn't sugar coat it quite as much any more as it did in Korea and the wars past where everything was looked at with positivity and glory. The Taliban aren't even trying to destroy our country, they just want us out of their country and they want control. In all liklihood we can probably reach a compromise with the Taliban when they experience enough bloodshed and allow them to have some control in exchange for some US control. Al-Qaeda are the ones who want America to fall and they have to be killed to be stopped. They are two different entities. Not that I expect you to understand because apparently your arguments are based around sensational journalism rather than the facts.

I'm not trying to glorify my country, because I think we have some serious moral problems. But to argue that the United States isn't powerful is just being ignorant.

Yeah I do...I fail to see how that is an unreasonable argument. We have the strongest military in the world with a nuclear arsenal stronger than any other planet, do you not understand how that makes our country powerful. We have tremendous debt but our economy still produces more than any other country in the world.

We have a nuclear arsenal stronger than any other planet? I wasn't aware of the fact we've found sentient life on another planet.

Nuclear weapons aren't even that much of a threat anymore. Any nut in the world can make a supervirus that spreads far more quickly and does more damage to life, property, and spirit than anything nuclear. Hell, even I could breed botulism in my garage at any time I wanted to, or grow some plants far more deadly than a Castor Bean Plant (and that are completely undetectable). This all being due to the amount of information available on the net (i.e. "The Anarchist's Cookbook", Uncle Fester's "Silent Death", etc.).

In fact, if I had even a single, stable, isolated atom of strange matter, I could effectively hold the entire world for ransom if I so pleased.

Ignorance truly is bliss I guess. Pax Americana is long over; dead, and gone forever. We can't be so arrogant as to think that we own the world. No one can. It is not our planet to own - that honor would fall to time and the cosmos. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only way to continue to thrive as a species, and keep our current home, is to put aside petty nationalistic disputes and come together to work through the problems we face together as a species. History has proven again and again that when humanity comes together, it can accomplish anything it sets out to achieve.

We have a nuclear arsenal stronger than any other planet? I wasn't aware of the fact we've found sentient life on another planet.

Nuclear weapons aren't even that much of a threat anymore. Any nut in the world can make a supervirus that spreads far more quickly and does more damage to life, property, and spirit than anything nuclear. Hell, even I could breed botulism in my garage at any time I wanted to, or grow some plants far more deadly than a Castor Bean Plant (and that are completely undetectable). This all being due to the amount of information available on the net (i.e. "The Anarchist's Cookbook", Uncle Fester's "Silent Death", etc.).

In fact, if I had even a single, stable, isolated atom of strange matter, I could effectively hold the entire world for ransom if I so pleased.

Ignorance truly is bliss I guess. Pax Americana is long over; dead, and gone forever. We can't be so arrogant as to think that we own the world. No one can. It is not our planet to own - that honor would fall to time and the cosmos. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only way to continue to thrive as a species, and keep our current home, is to put aside petty nationalistic disputes and come together to work through the problems we face together as a species. History has proven again and again that when humanity comes together, it can accomplish anything it sets out to achieve.

^ Looks like people can still think logically nowadays. :D

No, you're wrong, like Newfoundking said, Russian has got thousands of nuclear missiles more than the United States, and I guess right now China produces more than your economy and any other in the world.

But that's true that many of the dictators and militias has been created and suported by the United States, but they've screwed up and those all fantatics they created and armed have turned against their creators.

But yes, the US has the best army, just I think nowadays they send anyone to the war, and then occurs all the scandals that appears in TV.

Have you seen Apocalypse now Redux film, when Captain Willard arrives to Kurtz's temple and they start speaking about the Vietnam war?

That about the war could gone better if they sent less trops better trained and disciplined? A country with a big army is not always more powerful than another country with less troops but more disciplined.

@USMC123

America is a powerful country, but not the nr.1. It is very hard to say what country is really the number one.

And what I said a some posts ago, We (other country's) can't life with America, but we also can't life without America.

I'm arguing about power not morality. Our country loves war, that's why we have a massive military. Every single conflict we involve ourselves in is a powerplay, we install puppet governments all across the world. We have been doing this for a 100 years now. Across the globe are dictators or rulers installed by American backed coups or revolutions. I'm not saying America is a great country in the aspect of morality, but in the aspect of power? Nobody comes close. We have bases and military installations across the globe, our navy is the largest and most advanced in the world, our nation effectively controls the world's oceans. No other country can match the scope of American power right now. It's an empire we have established, sustainable given our current economic situation? Probably not, but right now our country is arrogant for a reason. We are the most powerful, the most righteous? Hardly. We actively seek out trouble because our country is power hungry, we involve ourselves across the globe militarily to maintain control. The United States doesn't send off it's kids to get killed just for the hell of it, the politicians do it to maintain American global supremacy. It's fucked up and it is disturbing but that's the way it is.

Honestly, the comment about the Taliban urination video was retarded. War is war, it hasn't changed. I don't understand how people have such a problem with the desecration of bodies when two groups of people are actively trying to take each others life by deadly means. War is ugly and our media doesn't sugar coat it quite as much any more as it did in Korea and the wars past where everything was looked at with positivity and glory. The Taliban aren't even trying to destroy our country, they just want us out of their country and they want control. In all liklihood we can probably reach a compromise with the Taliban when they experience enough bloodshed and allow them to have some control in exchange for some US control. Al-Qaeda are the ones who want America to fall and they have to be killed to be stopped. They are two different entities. Not that I expect you to understand because apparently your arguments are based around sensational journalism rather than the facts.

I'm not trying to glorify my country, because I think we have some serious moral problems. But to argue that the United States isn't powerful is just being ignorant.

Ha that's rich you saying I based my arguments on what I read in the paper rather than facts. So where did you get your supposed facts from, bottom line is america is and will never be the most powerful country in the world, Russia has already proved that.

Your military personell including reservists total to just under 3 million. And Russia has 22 million, not to mention their nuclear arsenal.

Good luck with your world domination attitude.

And I wouldn't say america has the best army in the world, they're undisciplined and they're answer to 1 person shooting at them is to obliterate an entire square mile with a ton of ordanance.

The majority of the time their army call in the air force and even then they can't hit the right target.

Your army is taught it is ok to fire 100 rounds to kill 1 enemy ours are taught a maximum of 3 rounds per enemy. I'm surprised you haven't recruited 4 year olds into war as they have the same attitude when it comes to firing a weapon (spray and pray)

*Grrr, badly timed internet protest to retarded legislation makes it hard to research*

Just to clear things up:

Top 10 Largest standing Armed Forces (a little dated):

Rank Country Personnel 1. China 2,285,000 2. United States 1,580,255 3. India 1,325,000 4. North Korea 1,106,000 5. Russia 1,027,000 6. South Korea 687,000 7. Pakistan 617,000 8. Turkey 620,000 9. Iran 523,000 10. Egypt 468,500 11. Vietnam 455,000 12. Myanmar 406,000 13. France 352,771 Rank Country Personnel 14. Brazil 327,710 15. Syria 325,000 16. Thailand 305,860 17. Indonesia 302,000 18. Italy 293,202 19. Colombia 285,220 20. Mexico 267,506 21. Germany 250,613 22. Saudi Arabia 233,500 23. Japan 230,300 24. Eritrea 201,750 25. Morocco 195,800

Top 8 Nuclear Arsenals:

Country

Suspected Strategic Nuclear Weapons

Suspected Non-Strategic Nuclear Weapons

Suspected Total Nuclear Weapons

China

France

India

60+?

60+?

Israel

200+?

200+?

Pakistan

15-25?

15-25?

Russia

~ 6,000

~ 4,000

~10,000

United Kingdom

United States

~ 3,300

~10,500

I lol at this. If your from the US you for the most part like us, if your outside you dont think we are great. We do the same about every other country, its all about viewpoints, idealogy, and the knowledge you have about different peoples. Most of the time, I dont mind the people, its thier government you hate.

When I hear American I don't think of fat people, I don't think of stupid people. I think about great studies in astronomy and physics.

The second thing that pops into my mind is this pathetic "I am the best in the world" thing, and this need to have a bigger and better car than the neighbor. I find this extremely pathetic. By reading the earlier posts I realize that this is just the case. All the Americans comment: "WE ARE the strongest, the smartest and the best". The funny bit is that it isn't necessarily true, but I don't bother arguing about that.

To clarify what I tried to explain: The endless bragging, but also this need to keep a nice facade regardless of what it looks like inside. This is an American to me.

I also strongly dislike some parts of the politics in America and I don't support war.

Bring me the hate!

Cheers, Xandarb

When I hear American I don't think of fat people, I don't think of stupid people. I think about great studies in astronomy and physics.

The second thing that pops into my mind is this pathetic "I am the best in the world" thing, and this need to have a bigger and better car than the neighbor. I find this extremely pathetic. By reading the earlier posts I realize that this is just the case. All the Americans comment: "WE ARE the strongest, the smartest and the best". The funny bit is that it isn't necessarily true, but I don't bother arguing about that.

To clarify what I tried to explain: The endless bragging, but also this need to keep a nice facade regardless of what it looks like inside. This is an American to me.

I also strongly dislike some parts of the politics in America and I don't support war.

Bring me the hate!

Cheers, Xandarb

Thank you, lol. Somebody who's argument doesn't only look at why America sucks and what it's doing wrong. I'm happy that while also looking at the negatives, you look at some positives, rather than only negatives like many people on here.

I'm an American, and there is absolutely nothing I hate more than anybody who brags about their countries saying they are the best, whether they are American or not.

I'm happy to participate in discussions like this, I'm happy to provide my argument and all, but not when people are just people form other countries going "Oh America sucks" and Americans going "We're the best, everybody else is inferior". When it comes down to the childish "America sucks, they don't do everything right, they steal, they're unoriginal" or "No, America's the best, you're jealous, nobody beats us" then I refuse to share my ideas on such a subject.

As an American, I'm happy to admit that we have flaws, and we're not perfect, and that not everybody likes us. I'm pretty sure every American is aware of that. We have some great inventions and ideas, or variations of inventions or ideas that originated from other countries. As do the other countries; Other countries most likely take inventions of ours and have their own variations or versions.

Like I said though, when it comes down arguing like a four year old with "America sucks, they don't do anything right" or "No America's is the best, everybody else sucks and looks up at us", then I choose not to participate.

America, like every country has it's ups and downs, but considering how a lot of america is focused towards activism now, it's sometimes hard to see the ups, especially when a lot of the media attention (including interwebz) is about how bad the country is.

Also, when I posted previous, I saw about 30 different lists of nuclear weapons, and russia outranked america on every one... you need to remember, russia has a harbour that houses a huge chunk of all the world's nuclear resources, so they've got a helluva lot of stuff. That's the common misconception I always hear, is that America can obliterate any enemy with their seemingly endless supply of nukes... Unless Russia has removed a lot of their weapons since the last count, they still outrank the US.

Then again, why the hell does it matter? No one will even think of using them as weapons anymore, because they know if they did, the world would be all over them like we were with Germany in WWII. It'll end badly. Plus aren't there like a billion treaties saying no more nukes?

America, like every country has it's ups and downs, but considering how a lot of america is focused towards activism now, it's sometimes hard to see the ups, especially when a lot of the media attention (including interwebz) is about how bad the country is.

Also, when I posted previous, I saw about 30 different lists of nuclear weapons, and russia outranked america on every one... you need to remember, russia has a harbour that houses a huge chunk of all the world's nuclear resources, so they've got a helluva lot of stuff. That's the common misconception I always hear, is that America can obliterate any enemy with their seemingly endless supply of nukes... Unless Russia has removed a lot of their weapons since the last count, they still outrank the US.

Well I think in terms of numbers Russia does have more, but in terms of operational nukes the United States is still on top, we have more long-range ICBMs than Russia and have nuclear subs that sail the globe.

And I wouldn't say america has the best army in the world, they're undisciplined and they're answer to 1 person shooting at them is to obliterate an entire square mile with a ton of ordanance.

The majority of the time their army call in the air force and even then they can't hit the right target.

Your army is taught it is ok to fire 100 rounds to kill 1 enemy ours are taught a maximum of 3 rounds per enemy. I'm surprised you haven't recruited 4 year olds into war as they have the same attitude when it comes to firing a weapon (spray and pray)

How is that even plausible? 3 rounds per enemy? Are you trained to get 10 feet from the enemy? Even then that would be ridiculous as a 3 round burst probably wouldn't even kill the person. Hell, police officers are taught to shoot more rounds than that at close range.

I think you all completely breezed over what I am saying, we have the strongest military, strategically, technologically, everything else except maybe quantitatively. That was my point, however I also was trying to say that my country is not one that should be applauded. We wage wars for purely political reasons and we are powerful because of it. When I hear the word American I think of a very powerful entity, but one with very dark motives.

Well I think in terms of numbers Russia does have more, but in terms of operational nukes the United States is still on top, we have more long-range ICBMs than Russia and have nuclear subs that sail the globe.

How is that even plausible? 3 rounds per enemy? Are you trained to get 10 feet from the enemy? Even then that would be ridiculous as a 3 round burst probably wouldn't even kill the person. Hell, police officers are taught to shoot more rounds than that at close range.

I think you all completely breezed over what I am saying, we have the strongest military, strategically, technologically, everything else except maybe quantitatively. That was my point, however I also was trying to say that my country is not one that should be applauded. We wage wars for purely political reasons and we are powerful because of it. When I hear the word American I think of a very powerful entity, but one with very dark motives.

No. Can't agree that. And it is funny that every single American always says the word: we.

Always we.

Well I think in terms of numbers Russia does have more, but in terms of operational nukes the United States is still on top, we have more long-range ICBMs than Russia and have nuclear subs that sail the globe

Not really helping with the "Lets make everyone not hate the US" idea here..

----not relevant----

Actually, according to the sites I was looking at that broke it down, Russia doubles the operational capacity of america in the terms of everything except strategic, which is only roughly 500 ahead.

As for the military, remember, every weapon you guys have, so do many other countries. Long gone are the days of we have this type of weapon, and you don't.. People sell to the highest bidder, they don't care who it is. you're right, many countries do outnumber the US though. And I agree with that last line, sums up my thought exactly. You're very powerful, but have very dark agendas sometimes. (Not that others don't, but america is the subject here. Also, I mean you're colelctively, not you're as in the single version of you. Best explained as vous in french, rather than tu.)

No. Can't agree that. And it is funny that every single American always says the word: we.

Always we.

Nationalism is a common thing around the world. When talking about canadians, I often say we, because I am canadian, however, I don't always identify with Canadian beliefs. It's something we're taught as basics of language. We is used to describe a group you are a member of. If you're born in the Soviet Union, regardless whether you're supporting the soviets or not, you're still technically a soviet. People use we to describe the group, partially because it's a shorter than other group conjunctions, or saying "Americans." We isn't necessarily a bad thing. Also I know many people who are american citizens, but would never identify themselves as Americans.

Not really helping with the "Lets make everyone not hate the US" idea here..

Sadly, when you ask about a country, especially a super power, they'll be looked at in the negative light often. The best way to combat this is to show good.

About the nukes, why having 10,000? With just 10 you can destroy the world.

Actually, you need a lot more than that. 10 could, if strategically placed, so massive damage to the world, but you'd need in excess of 10,000 to completely destroy the world, and make it a desolate wasteland. The little boy was about 15ish Kilotons. Assuming the current weapons on stockpile all are say 20kt (I know nothing about the stockpiles, just assuming) we're looking at about 200,000kt, or (following logic) 200 Megatons. If every nuclear weapon was used, yes, that could plumate the world into a nuclear winter, but it would take a lot more than 10 to do that. If they each were 20mt, then yeah, okay, maybe that could do some major damage.

Nukes are dangerous, don't let me say otherwise, but it takes a lot to destroy the world, and ideal conditions to do so.

Look at it like this:

Being a massive superpower there are going to be millions of problems involved. There are, however, millions of good things that have came about over time compared to a smaller country. Every thing we do is watched to a key, however only the worse gets out.

Think about what the world would be like without the US throughout history. There would be four countries right now. Nazi Europe, Soviet Union, Japenese Empire, and the United States of America. Tons of medical advancements, technological, weaponry, etc. have come from America. Dont take it away by saying "That person was from this country, but moved to America." It dosent matter, they are still American.

The US must not be that bad, especially due to the fact that 14 million people have migrated here from 2001-2010 legally, millions of others illegally. We provide foreign aid to 150/195 countries in the world.

Now onto military strength, etc. It is IMPOSSIBLE to compare militaries. Over the time of history, great nations have been conqured time and time again by smaller nations. It varies on whats going on economically, socially, etc. There is no doubt that we have a very strong military, but it is impossible to declare a true most powerful military.

Now, you may think our military takes "anybody they can" to serve. Not the case. It is not easy to get into the military unless you are devoted. Everyone in our military at this moment is doing it out of own will.

People bring up stories like the Marine Scout Sniper Group urinating on dead soliders. This is war,defilment of the enemy happens every day, by soliders from every nation. War is not pretty. I'm not saying it is right and they should be punished as they will be, but I'm pointing out it happens everywhere.

All in all, our counrty does many good, many bad, has very powerful diplomatic and military forces, and there is no doubt the world wouldn't be the same without the US.

I really don't know why I got so much hate for saying America is so powerful. I'm not even trying to say it like it is a great thing, I agree with many foreigners that our agenda is wrong and that we need to seriously rethink our priorities but to say my country isn't extremely powerful is being naive. I'm not trying to say the United States is a righteous and moral country that uses its oversized military to fight evil-doers, now that is naive. Unfortunately I think our nation building is an illusion that many Americans fall for, granted, nation building is still nation building and we are trying to make working governments that function for the people. But we are overseeing it all for a reason.

And of course I'm using we, I'm a fat lazy American and I'm too lazy to keep putting "The United States of America" to talk about all of my points.

And of course I'm using we, I'm a fat lazy American and I'm too lazy to keep putting "The United States of America" to talk about all of my points.

:8:

Anyway, may catch flak from some UK users. but,

This is how the SEALS outdo a royal wedding.

\

But hey!

The US isn't the strongest. Look at China, N Korea. Both are Militarized, and can kick our @$$es in a JUST INFANTRY war. The US only can win with the USAF, USN. US with Navy/Air Force = Win. US with no navy/AF = Epic loss.

How 'bout them Chevys? ;)

US guys! How about SOPA/PIPA? -_-

Edited by JimmyKid

Nah, although North Korea has got thousands of soldiers more, they stayed back in the Cold War.

BTW, have you heard what russians has said about they failed satellite? that the americans could downed when it was out of range of russian radars? those do stay in the Cold War :D

People bring up stories like the Marine Scout Sniper Group urinating on dead soliders. This is war,defilment of the enemy happens every day, by soliders from every nation. War is not pretty. I'm not saying it is right and they should be punished as they will be, but I'm pointing out it happens everywhere.

One thing is war, an another is defiling the enemy, and other even more serious is defiling enemies, record it and post it, that's of totaly retards. It's true that not only US soldiers do that -and just in few times and few soldiers, not every there do that, I guess just a small minory-, yesterday in the news they say that some UK soldiers are under suspect of abusing childrens, but those are isolated cases, so we can't generalize with "they go to war just for defile deads and abuse people".