Exactly, you dont want it on looped, you want it on single. A single animation going down when triggered, and a single animation going up when triggered(or not triggered so to speak). Loop means in a non-stop loop.

I'm sorry, I didn't write that as clear as I should have. I already checked the animation and its still set on the default setting of none. On the map they are all set to opened. The animations were not messed with.

I'm sorry, I didn't write that as clear as I should have. I already checked the animation and its still set on the default setting of none. On the map they are all set to opened. The animations were not messed with.

You were clear. It's set to default...have you TRIED setting it to single? I don't know if this is the problem or not because I havent ever messed with the railroad gates but based on prior experience with similar situations, this might just be your problem.

An object somehow got placed on the track. It was partially underneath the ground.

A small newer update:

• Each engine and both ambulances now have an engine script. Which may or may not stay.
  • RFD now has traffic lights to halt vehicles crossing in front of the station.
  • Charlestown fire engine and Rootstown ambulance have both been added.
  • A ford F150 is the newest and last of the volunteer vehicles added to the fleet.

<p>

An object somehow got placed on the track. It was partially underneath the ground.

A small newer update:

• Each engine and both ambulances now have an engine script. Which may or may not stay.
  • RFD now has traffic lights to halt vehicles crossing in front of the station.
  • Charlestown fire engine and Rootstown ambulance have both been added.
  • A ford F150 is the newest and last of the volunteer vehicles added to the fleet.
this all sounds great can't wait :D

They do, but only for a certain section. At the moment I have:

Rootstown: Rescue & ambulance

Kent: Engine

Charlestown: Engine

Truthfully for this game. Ravenna city and township can handle an entire block on fire.. Mutual aid will rarely be used by the player, if at all.  I did think about adding Streetsboro, but I'm trying to just keep it low at this point. The player even has NEAS they can use if they need more medics. Let alone the MCU is still available.

If anyone has basic knowledge of adding commands to scripts, I could use a little help with the engine script.

They do, but only for a certain section. At the moment I have:

Rootstown: Rescue & ambulance

Kent: Engine

Charlestown: Engine

Truthfully for this game. Ravenna city and township can handle an entire block on fire.. Mutual aid will rarely be used by the player, if at all.  I did think about adding Streetsboro, but I'm trying to just keep it low at this point. The player even has NEAS they can use if they need more medics. Let alone the MCU is still available.

If anyone has basic knowledge of adding commands to scripts, I could use a little help with the engine script.

I would say keep it simple for the first release. Plus it gives you stuff to add later. ;)

If you dont mind posting it here, I can take a look, and I am sure others will help as well.

This is not my script! It can be downloaded/found here. The owner, Carli96 gives free permissions.

Edited by myself.

Im just trying to add, so the engine shuts off once its back at station. Otherwise, the engine script is pretty pointless..

const char IMG[] = "Engine";
const char StartEngineSound[] = ""; //Pfad zur Sounddatei Startgeräusch
const char StopEngineSound[] = ""; //Pfad zur Sounddatei Stopgeräusch

object Engine1 : CommandScript
{
Engine()
{
SetIcon(IMG);
SetCursor(IMG);
SetValidTargets(ACTOR_VEHICLE);
SetPriority(50);
}

bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
{
Vehicle vec(Caller);
if(!vec.HasCommand("Dummy_Start")) //Wenn der Motor noch nicht gestartet wurde...
{
if(vec.GetNumPassengers() == 0) //...wird geprüft, ob im Fahrzeug null Personen sitzen
{
return false;
vec.RemoveCommand("MoveTo");
vec.RemoveCommand("GoHome");
//hier die restlichen Command deaktivieren. Zeile kopieren und den Namen anpassen
//allgemein:
//v.RemoveCommand("CommandName");
}
else //...wird geprüft, ob im Fahrzeug nicht null Personen sitzen
{
return true;
//hier die restlichen Command deaktivieren. Zeile kopieren und den Namen anpassen
//allgemein:
}
}
else //Wenn das Fahrzeug schon gestartet wurde...
{
if(vec.GetNumPassengers() == 0) //...wird geprüft, ob im Fahrzeug null Personen sitzen
{
return false;
//allgemein:
}
else //...wird geprüft, ob im Fahrzeug nicht null Personen sitzen
{
return true;
vec.AssignCommand("MoveTo");
vec.AssignCommand("GoHome");
//hier die restlichen Command aktivieren. Zeile kopieren und den Namen anpassen
//allgemein:
//v.AssignCommand("CommandName");
}
}
}

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
{
if(Target->GetID() == Caller->GetID())
return true;
return false;
}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
{
Vehicle v(Caller);
Vector VPos = v.GetPosition();

if (!v.HasCommand("Dummy_Start"))
{
v.EnableCommand("MotorAnAus", true);
v.AssignCommand("Dummy_Start");
Audio::PlaySample3D("mod:Audio/FX/Vehicles/Engine_On_1.wav", VPos, false);

v.AssignCommand("MoveTo");
v.AssignCommand("GoHome");
//hier die restlichen Command aktivieren. Zeile kopieren und den Namen anpassen
//allgemein:
//v.AssignCommand("CommandName");

Mission::PlayHint("Engine Started");
}
else
{
v.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, "EmptyCar");
//hier können noch mehrer Commands ausgeführt werden, wie zum Beispiel das ausschalten des Blaulichts
//allgemein:
//v.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, "CommandName");

v.RemoveCommand("Dummy_Start");
v.RemoveCommand("GoHome");
v.RemoveCommand("MoveTo");
//allgemein:

Mission::PlayHint("Engine Off");
Audio::PlaySample3D("mod:Audio/FX/Vehicles/Engine_Off_1.wav", VPos, false);
}
}
};

//Hier darf nichts verändert werden
object Dummy_Start : CommandScript
{
Dummy_Start()
{
SetGroupID(20);
}

bool CheckGroupVisibility(GameObject *Caller)
{
return false;
}

bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
{
return false;
}

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
{
return false;
}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
{
}
};

After:

Vehicle vec(Caller);

Create new line(enter) and add something like this:

Vehicle v(Caller);        if (v.IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_ENGINE01) || v.IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_ENGINE02) || v.IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_TILLER))                return false;

No I assume you have more VOs then that, so you could use a SQUAD VO that covers the entire FS, but the engine would die to soon imo. Actually even this way it might die to soon..you might be better off usign the LAtoFireStation script like this:

else if(StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OBJ_TILLER) == 0)        {            GameObjectList l4;            Game::CollectObstaclesOnVirtualObject(VO_TILLER, l4, ACTOR_VEHICLE);            if(l4.GetNumObjects() > 0)            {                Mission::PlayHint(HINT_NOSPACE);                Game::ExecuteCommand(CMD_GOHOME, &v, &v);                return;            } else            {                ActorList l1 = Game::GetActors(VO_FP3);                ActorList l2 = Game::GetActors(VO_TURNTO3);                m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 3.5f);                m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, CMD_COMMAND, Caller, 0, false);            }        }

In this case CMD_COMMAND could be CMD_E1 and at the top of the tofs script with the constants for the OBJs and VOs add

const char CMD_E1[]                        = "Engine1";

Because you have decided the game is going to recognize this command as simply "Engine1" when you go to the editor to assign the command. If your going to do a separate script for each vehicle I would suggest naming this one object VcmdEngine1Noise : CommandScript

Also:

object Engine1 : CommandScript{Engine()

The Engine on the second lien should be Engine1 as well. Whatever comes afer object and before the : should always go on that following line:

object Engine1 : CommandScript{Engine1()

Hey guys, I'm still here! Here's a very small post about some of the things that have been being worked on recently.

A very generous person has gratefully came to me and given me full permission to use and edit all of his models within the Ravenna Mod. I thank RD_Saarland for doing this! So many of the new models you see will be from his generosity. Others are pulled from various mods that are fully credited or give full free to use permissions.

As an added bonus, at the bottom you will see the work of a private little submod from the Montana Mod; Based off the fire department I work with. Its just something for me to mess around and play with. Which may be released later on.

Also, the new ford vehicles will be implemented into the mod!

The new railroad crossings!

13990455588_a95dbb5795_b.jpg

Sheriff golf cart will be located at the plaza for your convenience.

14177100045_a60dbfbd02_b.jpg

New Pepsi and Budweiser trucks! The Budweiser truck also has an idling sound where it is parked.

14174439222_638382306e_b.jpg

13990446530_afe9a0b57b_b.jpg

A civil off duty EMT has his own house and POV. Outfitted with caution lights.

14173789651_225eba814d_b.jpg

Just some added scenery.

13990468247_dd0f71913c_b.jpg

14177099795_2659cb4849_b.jpg

A few buildings under construction.

14153937386_0586d14867_b.jpg

Most likely the last of the volunteer povs. There are now four available.

14173788971_1d3ff7b798_b.jpg

Lastly, the new Ravenna school buses!

14173789081_7032f3756d_b.jpg

Bonuses!

Charlestown Fire Submod! Which is still a huge WIP!!

13407779105_43e9d2823b_o.jpg

13408130744_4c9fdee2f0_o.jpg

13408131184_effda607a5_o.jpg

13408131084_877efa62b0_o.jpg

13408130934_c2573bb9cb_o.jpg

13407778705_9a1573b515_o.jpg