Voodoo_Operator

Grand Theft Auto V

You run disk 1 (says install on it). After it is finished (about 10-15 minutes) it will say put in disk 2. Put disk 2 and it will start up the game after a few popups. 

Don't worry about the installing disk 2. That is a separate process and if you don't know how to do it you don't have to worry about it. On some games it speeds up loading rates, etc, but in GTA V it does the opposite and creates graphical loading errors, etc.

Got my copy today and played for about 12 hours. From what I've seen of emergency services so far, they look amazing and are a great improvement over GTA IV. LED bars and lights actually look like leds (not the sticks they were on the noose cruiser in GTA IV). Los Santos, Los Santos County, and Blaine County each have a FD (both fire and EMS) and a PD, and each agency has it's own paint scheme. There are several different police vehicles in the game, including vehicles based off the crown vic interceptor, the taurus interceptor, and the ford explorer. The only problem is that I haven't figured out how to steal a police car and get away. And before you ask, there is a cheat to lower your wanted level, but it requires a button press code every time (hard to do while fleeing the cops), there is no more health cheat (that anyone knows of yet), and cheats no longer save in your phone, they must be manually entered each time.

I love being able to switch between the three crew members. It makes missions much more interesting and you don't miss out on any action.

Also you can knock people unconscious with sucker punches. I've spent most of my time knocking police officers out and stealing their cruisers :D

Small financial tip from the guide:

Buy stocks in GoldCoast (GCD) on the LCN once you unlock assassination missions. The fourth mission involves killing the CEO of a rival company, so shares in GCD will go up by 50% in 4 weeks. I'm about to do this mission, so hopefully I'll get a good return.

in one of the missions your disguised as an LSFD firefighter! getting mine this weekend

There's also a mission where you impersonate a biker cop, and one where you use a police helicopter to find a target and direct a crew member to his location.

Oh, and don't stand too close to police officers - They get upset quickly and you'll get a one star level.

Its not too hard to steal a police car. I go to the small station on the east side of the map next to the LS Customs. They have what looks like an impound lot next to the station. The only cops are at the entrance. So when you go in, go to the back. Also, if you go up behind the VINEWOOD sign. The park ranger suv is parked at the little electrical complex with no one guarding it.

The police bikes are nice! I now have one in my garage.

Do you know how to get your hands on a swat suv? I've been trying like crazy but I cant find anything. I even went to the FIB HQ and looked around but they dont have anything parked.

You run disk 1 (says install on it). After it is finished (about 10-15 minutes) it will say put in disk 2. Put disk 2 and it will start up the game after a few popups. 

Don't worry about the installing disk 2. That is a separate process and if you don't know how to do it you don't have to worry about it. On some games it speeds up loading rates, etc, but in GTA V it does the opposite and creates graphical loading errors, etc.

Thanks for the help! Just played this awesome game for a couple of hours and all I can say is that it looks amazing! 

Also, if you go up behind the VINEWOOD sign. The park ranger suv is parked at the little electrical complex with no one guarding it.

The police bikes are nice! I now have one in my garage.

I wasn't aware of the park ranger, cheers :) Where can you find police bikes? I've only seen them in missions and random chases. Same with unmarked cruisers.

If you want free body armour, the big police station where they impound your cars has some in the waiting room.

Highest level I've had is 3 star, so I've only seen the police vans.

Edit: when you say the back of the station, do you mean by the automated gate? Or is there another area? I tried taking a cruiser by the gate earlier, but the officer saw me.

I wasn't aware of the park ranger, cheers :) Where can you find police bikes? I've only seen them in missions and random chases. Same with unmarked cruisers.

If you want free body armour, the big police station where they impound your cars has some in the waiting room.

Highest level I've had is 3 star, so I've only seen the police vans.

Edit: when you say the back of the station, do you mean by the automated gate? Or is there another area? I tried taking a cruiser by the gate earlier, but the officer saw me.

Yep there's the park ranger suv and crown vic. I found one of the bike when the officer was running radar on the side of the highway going into blaine county. I knocked him off of it and went off roading to lose the stars. Yeah, if you go through the gate, go to the very back side of the lot. Theres typically some parked back there. The lot is detached from the station and is almost not even noticeable unless your looking for it.

I think that the vigilante-style missions appear randomly now. But I'm not sure. :)

Yeah, they appear randomly now. You'll hear someone scream "Help me! He stole my blalalal!" Can be cars, wallets/purse, anything of that kind. It will be indicated by a blinking red and blue icon on the map, kinda like a police officer when you get wanted level.

@Hunter- You can also get a tow truck, hook it up and tow it off to a back alley as well! I did this with the Taurus looking car. Also, if you want the FIB suv and/or dodge charger. Use the images to help, if you dont know the area. It takes some time for them to spawn so dont get discouraged. Both of them can be stored in any garage.

@Hunter- You can also get a tow truck, hook it up and tow it off to a back alley as well! I did this with the Taurus looking car. Also, if you want the FIB suv and/or dodge charger. Use the images to help, if you dont know the area. It takes some time for them to spawn so dont get discouraged. Both of them can be stored in any garage.

Lol, really? I've gotta try this. Last time I hit a stationary police vehicle, just a minor bump - turned into a 3 star chase.

Do emergency vehicles stay in the garage? Last one I had disappeared, but so did all the mods on other cars :(

Yeah, I played as Franklin and placed them in the grove street garage. Just make sure you save after you leave the garage. The only vehicle I couldnt get in the garage was the police van.

Does anyone know if merryweather has a facility? During one of the missions I was able to steal one of their offroad fitted jeeps. But my game froze taking a picture of it so I lost it. Ive been searching for their jeeps for a while and haven't found anything yet.

Hunter-Are you on xbox or PS3?

Ps3

Just found a police van without having 3 star :D

Just south-west of the police impound (not the towing impound) there's a U-shape under the freeway. I found the van parked there at 03:30, I don't know if it appears at other times.

Edit: Aw, wth? Trevor can't store it in his garage :(

Ps3

Just found a police van without having 3 star :D

Just south-west of the police impound (not the towing impound) there's a U-shape under the freeway. I found the van parked there at 03:30, I don't know if it appears at other times.

Edit: Aw, wth? Trevor can't store it in his garage :(

REally? 

Travor can buy a garage right? Somewhere in the city

I know he gets a garage after moving to L.S but I dont know if any propertiez give you garages.

Just went back there and spent the night there but no van. Left at 05:00 and drove back at 05:20 came back to find a motorbike cop leaving. If this area spawns random police vehicles, might finally get an unmarked :)