Newfoundking

Polizei

Well, as many of you know, Polizei is a new game by Quadriga games that has disappointed us, so instead of crying and walking away, we're making it better like a community should.

I've first of all translated most of the game, less the voices. I need a lot more time to do that. All text should be translated now though. I've also completed a reskin for those interested. Attached are links to two folders. Both just dropped in your standard game directory.

The first one includes the english translation.

The second one is a reskin to personnel and vehicles. Right now, the standard patrol car has the NFK Police logo, and personnel wear standard uniform, in english. I'm later going to release a sirens pack, new lights, and then new models.

Link to translation to english:

http://www.theoutlinepart.com/Translation.rar

Link to reskins:

http://www.theoutlinepart.com/Reskins.rar

Look forward to more!

May I call you Jesus?

I thank you very much for rushing a translation and the reskins that you're doing. I learned about this game all of a half hour ago. I went from excited to sad about the sole German version, and then became gleeful at seeing this. So thank you very much. I'll be buying this game and getting me a download of your translation.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was my first post. I swear I've posted before, that or it was a different log-in...Anyway, I'm not trying to noob out on you or anything. Just appreciative.

I think it might've been a little more interesting if there was actually an arrest system, like shown in the earlier screenshots; as well the requirement to subdue a suspect before handcuffing properly as opposed to a radius command. That said, I still enjoy the game. Gives a little more of an 'on the street' feel than LA Noire.

So, bad news. The death of the game is the .model files. If we could use .v3o, or even really any other format for this, then we could do everything we needed and wanted, but unless someone can crack the .model file encryption, I can't touch it. The company, as similar with every other game they have released and will release for some time, is based directly off of Emergency 4. I was translating, and only had to do about 20 files, the other 50 mbs or so of pure text was all a copy paste from emergency 4. No joke.

This would be great if we didn't have the .model file. The base is they don't want us to change the game, since it's theirs. They did very little to change polizei or Em2012, except for the .model file. Other than that, it's the same game essentially, making it great for modding, if the biggest component wasn't untouchable.

.v3o isn't allowed to work with Em2012 or Polizei, and .model won't work in the editor for emergency 4, causing a road block. This could be passed theoretically, should someone care enough, but I don't care enough to put more work into a game and get no gain from it, if the designers don't have enough time to do it themselves, and sell it for 50 bucks a piece.

Basically, this game is dead, and Emergency 4 is the best thing that ever happened to this series, and should've been where it stopped, because they just killed Emergency forever with the .model and loss of mod-ability.