Sawdbuster

Roleplay Mod istallation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_q9I7f85YQ

So when I went to their website and got the mod file, I downloaded the mod and then the modinstaller insisted that I already had the mod downloaded and then couldn't install it can you all help me out? (the youtube account is a member he, but hasn't been active since Dec 5, 2010)

EDIT LINK REMOVED

Can someone from the staff DL this and verify that it indeed has NY mod stuff in it, because I/WE never authorized it but at 109mb I can't dl it just to verify what I'm already fairly sure of... Once verified stanny can email the guy's host and take em down since they can't even include a readme they just straight stole it...

I will download it. And take some screenshots. I will also look for a readme. Maybe its in the mod's folder.

edit

I came to the following conclusion: the name of the mod folder is 'NYC MOD 1.0', but they did rename the mod to 'Roleplay Modification v1.1' by editing e4mod.info. Upon loading the mod in the editor, most of the NYC Mod vehicles made by MikeyPI are there, just with different skins. They also added vehicles from other (sub)mods, but thats not our concern. There is NO readme at all which means we can asume the creater claims he made the vehicles while it appears they used MikeyPI's NYC Mod as a base. The screenshot below shows that they stole vehicles from this mod:

em4deluxe20110624212228.th.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, this guy...... has a problem.

csi-miami-tv-show-sunglasses-horatio-caine-040af.jpg

Gotta love when people steal things thinking they will get away with it... Nice example of why people don't like wasting their time making things when other's just steal them like that.

Admins and moderators have special privleges and can make things visible only to staff or other admins. We made the link visible to us only then removed it once the deed was done

Attention! all the moderators are on model theft hunting now so be carefull ! :verweis:

They steal... They just give credit and all is forgiven? I can tell you that won't be allowed to happen flat out they stole MY mod as a base, tossed in other's work basically compiling LA submods with half-assed reskins of these submods along with my models and claimed them as their own... No we'll be dealing with them as exactly what they are, thieves that intentionally stole.

Take your spare time and make something and have someone knowingly and intentionally take credit for your hard work, let me know how you'd feel in our shoes.

He'll be getting a notification from stan about copyright infringement and notice to remove the content otherwise... Sucks to be him.

Good point, Then again, if you ban the guy that isn't much of a punishment, because his daily av. posts is 0.00% per day so............. :nixweiss:

Good thing for this topic, becauseI'm guessing that people think that because Hoppah is on the NYC mod team they can use the mod for free.

I want to release a mod soon, and use that f550 tow truck, I was going to ask anyway, but good to know..

Edited by Sawdbuster

They uploaded somewhere else then linked here. Usual punishment means they're probably getting banned, and we're gonna contact megadownloads to remove the mod, and a lot of sites like that, at the site of a copyright notice freeze accounts and shut them down, since they're gonna get pegged with a lot of penalties otherwise if we pursued it in court. Assuming they paid for that stuff, it's gone and they don't get the money back, that's a kick

Also, defending them isn't really gonna work. Stealing is stealing, and it's stealing, no matter what reason they did it for, it's a half assed attempt at becoming a mod icon as most modders end up, and they're just theives...