Vets123

LA MOD (Civil Cars Pulling Over?) Plase anwer here

Should Civil Cars pul over to the side of the Road when Emergency Vehicles have lights and sirens?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. So should they Pull Over?

• No
    • Maybe
    • Possibly becuase its has Real life Reality
    • Yes
    • Absolutely impossible, just accept it's not going to happen. Ever.

Since I'm a good mood, and I am gonna be nice

The paths work so the vehicle follows a set path. If you redirect it, it'll turn around and pick the next closest path. There is no other option, unless you wanna rewrite how all the vehicles move. Good luck with that... Oh wait, you don't know how to ;)

The critical difference being that YOU can pull over cars, it requires your interaction.. The concept of this topic would need to be 100% automated.. Such is why this idea isnt found in mods currently.

Not "pull over", just "stop where it is" )

I mean Lamod script, which is widely spread in other mods =)

you mean the chase command or the command where the cars stop when a emergency vehicle is behind them??

and yes i agree with MikeyPI the scripting would take years (in my mine because i cant make a parking script) but a script to make people pull over is just out of question in my world

The game is made so that vehicles follow a direct path, marked as a line on the map. It is invisible to us, but it is simply a path running along the roads, or wherever in which the vehicle follows it, having only the ability to stop at either given points along the path, or when an emergency vehicle comes up behind it. For the pulling over to work, you'd need:

A: Secondary paths for every road, in which the side of the road is marked.

B: A script to let the vehicle switch paths when the emergency vehicle reaches the "stop" point of the path.

C: A new freeplay, so this script would be able to work. Yes, you'd have to re-write the freeplay as a mission, something rather difficult and time consuming to do.

It's not that we haven't done this already because we don't want to, it's because it is too much work to consider feesible. By the time the script was finished and functioning, this game would be dead more than likely, and you'd have wasted all your time. Unlike games like GTA and such, vehicles aren't on a dynamic path, they are simply gliding along a set path, they cannot deviate from.

Wow, vets123, I don't know where to start with that.

Assuming it is even humanly possible to make such a feature work in freeplay mode, you're looking at advanced level scripting, and spending months making it work, then you've gotta redo the entire map and what not. If it can't work, which I highly doubt it will, you have to recreate the whole bloody freeplay, in a mission, which takes, as one mod team has demonstrated, at least a year if not more.

Before asking anyone to make you anything, look into exactly how much work it would take to do this. I'm willing to accept many different job requests, under the term of a payment. For simple work, I want minimum wage, which is $10 an hour, for ground breaking work, I demand a minimum of $20 an hour. Assuming I did do this script, and I found a way, that would take up to 24 hours in work itself to figure it out, then an additional say 100 hours to get it working properly, and probably another 10 on the map to organize everything working well, then it's to beta testing. Right now, it's already up to $2680, and that's assuming beta testing has 0 problems.

No that doesn't mean you can send me a check for three grand and I'll do it, it means that it is one of those things we've just accepted as impossible, and moved on with it. No use crying over it.

Pwnt.

Besides agreeing with NFK and those who are more mod-literate, I would also like to point out that the cars pulling over would cause a whole lot more problems than they would solve. For example, if two cars wanted to go to the same place to pull over, you'd have a huge scripting conflict going on, and it would quite possibly cause a traffic jam (especially if the freeplay map has extreme traffic density i.e. Hoppah's map) that would just ensnare your own units.

It's better just to leave it alone and bite your tongue. If you're having problems with the traffic, then you're just going to have to fight your way through.

I do not know how to Script so i would really appreciate it and make it for me and call it a Reality Submod 1.0

Better start to learn then. ;)

Wow, vets123, I don't know where to start with that.

Assuming it is even humanly possible to make such a feature work in freeplay mode, you're looking at advanced level scripting, and spending months making it work, then you've gotta redo the entire map and what not. If it can't work, which I highly doubt it will, you have to recreate the whole bloody freeplay, in a mission, which takes, as one mod team has demonstrated, at least a year if not more.

Before asking anyone to make you anything, look into exactly how much work it would take to do this. I'm willing to accept many different job requests, under the term of a payment. For simple work, I want minimum wage, which is $10 an hour, for ground breaking work, I demand a minimum of $20 an hour. Assuming I did do this script, and I found a way, that would take up to 24 hours in work itself to figure it out, then an additional say 100 hours to get it working properly, and probably another 10 on the map to organize everything working well, then it's to beta testing. Right now, it's already up to $2680, and that's assuming beta testing has 0 problems.

No that doesn't mean you can send me a check for three grand and I'll do it, it means that it is one of those things we've just accepted as impossible, and moved on with it. No use crying over it.

Eh hasnt the NY Mod taken about three years as is? Doubt we will ever see it, and if we do, as you stated, the game may be dead by then, but then again it has survived this long.

As for payment, dude thats a rip off. I have seen websites selling high quality, high poly models for less then $10, and you want $10 an hour? I might pay you $10 for 3 models, I might even pay $10 for 2 models but $10 an hour?